The GrandPrixGames.org Permissions Policy

Posted by Bigbrother 
The GrandPrixGames.org Permissions Policy
Date: July 29, 2012 01:16PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Well since i started to give my opinion on the 'permission rule policy' that is going on at the moment and see that my way of view is shared with several other people i suggest the following to give the authors of files still the respect they deserve and also the community that deserve to keep continue playing this game with all the quality stuff that is available !!!!!

* FILE(S) that has been released in public by the author of the file gives automatic permission to use his file in a mod, league, .... as long the file keep like it is and don't get modified !!!! Credits for the file in a mod & league is a MUST !!!

* FILE(S) that has been released in public by the author but getting used as BASE or MODIFIED then PERMISSION to use/release is still a MUST to ask cause you used the file to change/modify if not you are LEECHING !!!!

»»»»» UPDATE RULES «««««

Unlocking files like an .gp4 file is modifying work original modder so asking permission to release is a must!!!!

* FILE(S) that has been released in public by the author and getting SOLD on ebay or somewhere else = NOT DONE = STEALING !!!!!!!!

The suggestion of announcing a mod to be released with a 30 days wait list so modders can give their opinion about there files, this new permission policy rule, suggestions, is also a good idea and a MUST todo cause with that list we already show the authors of files the respect they deserve and the chance if they still don't agree about the new way of thinking, acting so the file can be removed or replaced if possible.

We also can make a list in for example this topic which Authors agrees already with this new rule so the files can be used following the new policy rule above !!! A few on the list we can already put on since we know they give there go for the files !!!

* 32BOBO32
* Airjimracing
* Alexf1man
* Atticus
* auscain
* AUS_Doug
* biz_301
* Briere
* Brudu92
* cleberpister
* Chrische
* Craigo
* casssp
* Cyberacer
* Dahie
* DaiMOn
* Davegp4
* Drt01
* Duffer
* Dutch_Can
* Enzojz/Viper
* erwin_78
* Excalibur
* Flash Formula
* Filou16
* Fongu
* Gezere
* Georgibg
* Gildoorf
* gitanes
* Grl48
* hasbriale
* haunetal1990
* Hega
* iaquinta
* Isaint
* Intweb
* Jakobdylan
* Jimbob1
* JohnMaverick
* Josékast
* kedy89
* KerleyF1
* Kimi-The-Champ
* Kizz
* Klausfeldmann
* Kopaka1996
* Lee71
* leomp
* Lewis-hamilton00
* Littleones
* Lo2k (Laurent)
* madotter
* mansell92
* MarioB
* Matt Schroeder
* Maxi82
* Mclarenaustralia
* MDBSnake
* Meteoro405
* Mitsuro Sano
* M.R.
* n00binio
* Neilcaine
* neldav03
* NickJW
* petrus
* pirx
* Plodekk
* Prblanco
* Quickslick
* ralv585
* Ramf1v
* raulongo
* Renault#1Fan
* Rot Teufel
* rracunis
* RSCT
* Shep34
* SkaaningeN
* Smoglessbutton4
* Soulbringer
* Spidey
* superman77m
* TheDarkListener
* Tojepo
*TomMK
* truecrysis
* tumyeto
* Turbo Lover
* vesuvius
* Willb

Edited 46 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2016 09:46PM by Bigbrother.
I think that this is a good idea, If GP4 is to be saved

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
I agree!! if anyone would like to use my files go ahead!

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Well, I've only released some edited 2007 liverys, sharkfin F2008 and trackcams..

as I've gotten permission to release those edits before, I will have to say that those files can be used.
But I would like to know if they were. Not a permission question, I just would like to know if my files is gonna be used :)

btw, I will upload them here soon if somebody missed them

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
SkaaningeN Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I've only released some edited 2007 liverys,
> sharkfin F2008 and trackcams..
>
> as I've gotten permission to release those edits
> before, I will have to say that those files can be
> used.
> But I would like to know if they were. Not a
> permission question, I just would like to know if
> my files is gonna be used :)
>
> btw, I will upload them here soon if somebody
> missed them

With this new suggestion giving credit in a readme for release a mod or something else is still a MUST so if you are added you'll see that it has been used :)

I'll add you in the list, ty :)
I agree with the proposal.
Although I am not a modder here, I was a painter of the simulator Nascar Racing 2003 Season, in openspeedway.net, and I did some requests for that guys.

If this idea is taken seriously and respected, it is vital that the community has much success with access to work for everyone and many years of life.

Just my 2 cents, I don´t want to mess anything :)
Todos mis trabajos como sabeis se pueden usar libremente, solo pido que hayan unos creditos mencionando al autor del trabajo.

Saludos.

All my work as you know are free to use, just ask to have a credit mentioning the author's work.

Greetings.
josekast Schreef:
> Todos mis trabajos como sabeis se pueden usar
> libremente, solo pido que hayan unos creditos
> mencionando al autor del trabajo.
>
> Saludos.
>
> All my work as you know are free to use, just ask
> to have a credit mentioning the author's work.
>
> Greetings.

Thanks for the confirmation about the use of your files josé and like said in the suggestion credit for use of your file(s) is still a MUST :)
Just received Green light from Isaint, thx mate, and the community appreciated it alot :)
Good idea :-)

But what happens if a file is not modified and used in a mod, but no credits are given?

Talking of which, has Madotter seen the McLaren stuff I sent him for the British GP livery update? ;)
I enjoy updating GP4 as much as I can (I'm no great editor but I'm improving!!) and release track updates when I think they are good enough for people to try. If I can update adverts and some objects etc and others can't, then it helps people keep their game up to date which can only be a good thing.

I would have no problem with anyone then trying to improve it and maybe re-releasing it or including it in a mod or whatever. It would be appreciated though by myself and I'm sure everyone else if my work or anyone else's was given a small credit when being used - I think that is a fair request to make - especially for other track editors who spend a lot more time and do a lot more than I can with GP4
alexf1man Schreef:
> Good idea :-)
>
> But what happens if a file is not modified and
> used in a mod, but no credits are given?
>
> Talking of which, has Madotter seen the McLaren
> stuff I sent him for the British GP livery update?
> ;)

Well then the mod can be blacklisted and won't work anymore till the problem is solved, i am sure most time when credits are not given is because they forget about someone so that will be easily fixed :)

So Alex i can add your name to the list ?
Ok, I just wanted to make sure...

And yes, that would be good thank you.

It would apply for the liveries I have released so far, as well as any logo / other help for anyone else (Hega's Monaco GP livery for Lotus E20, maybe a HRT from last year).

Also, if madotter uses anything I sent him (which he has permission to do) for the MP4-27 British GP livery, it would also apply for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 07:20PM by alexf1man.
alexf1man Schreef:
> Ok, I just wanted to make sure...
>
> And yes, that would be good thank you.
>
> It would apply for the liveries I have released so
> far, as well as any logo / other help for anyone
> else (Hega's Monaco GP livery for Lotus E20, maybe
> a HRT from last year).

Yeah the new permission rule policy would of course go on every file that has been public released already :)

Ty for the support, name will be added :)
i agree with Steven, the idea is good, because there's a chance to get some missing files or mods for those who can't paint or shaping and as long as the original authors still get's the credits and respect for their works it should be ok.
Thanks Jurgen, your name will be added :)
Sound reasonable and very common sense alike. Count me in.
I think we're still missing some important users:

DaiMOn
MDBSnake

and some others, sorry if I forgot you... ;)
alexf1man Schreef:
> I think we're still missing some important users:
>
> DaiMOn
> MDBSnake
>
> and some others, sorry if I forgot you... ;)

I have sent Daimon a private message concerning the thread, don't worry, i am working on it to involve as much authors possible that i can reach. Snake i have on msn so i'll ask when i see him online :)

Soulbringer thanks, name will be added :)
Turbo Lover just agreed in pm with the suggestion, name is added, the community will appreciated it alot, thanks !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy