CSM MODS (I really want to release them now)

Posted by kerleyf1 
CSM MODS (I really want to release them now)
Date: July 28, 2012 01:53PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Hi guys!

I make several CSM MODs for my personal use and update some others. I'd like to release them since various modders have left the community, but I need permission.

So, if you are a car shaper, painter or made anything for GP4 (I will not say the stuff names), if you made ANYTHING and if you like that other people play with your creations, from any season, please tell here, and I will post all "my mods".

I have mods (and updates) for this seasons:

1955, 1967, 1971, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.

All stuff from this mods are COPYRIGHT of his authors. I'm just a CSM mod compilator and helmet painter.

I send some of those mods in particular way to some guys. If you are one of this guys please share your opinion about this CSM stuff by me (and the original authors) and if I really need to release them.

Thanks.

P.S: I will keep playing and modding GP4 to complete the other seasons and some of the unreleased material are Celinho, Jurgen, Fongu and Oggo stuff (we miss you guys).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Re: CSM MODS (I really want to release them now)
Date: July 28, 2012 03:28PM
Posted by: skyline86
Hope i can play all your mod! Modders, please keep GP4 alive!
If you could release these it would be FANTASTIC!!! (Y)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: July 28, 2012 07:08PM
Posted by: DAMON96
Is the 1986 project still alive?
DAMON96 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the 1986 project still alive?

.......yes

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Date: July 28, 2012 08:04PM
Posted by: DAMON96
Ripping Corpse Wrote:
> DAMON96 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is the 1986 project still alive?
>
>
> .......yes

(Y)
Date: July 28, 2012 08:12PM
Posted by: triad
that wil be nice
Date: July 28, 2012 08:18PM
Posted by: thestig88
we're crying out for the 1992 and 1996 material please. long live gp4!!!!
Date: July 28, 2012 08:34PM
Posted by: NickJW
I like to see an F1 1997 CSM Mod :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Where I can download mods 1971 and 1998 and 1989? Send PM?
I really think that the community needs to evolve. We are slowly running out of modders, if we want this game to live on, then I think the entire permissions subject needs to be reconsidered.

Kerleys list of mods above really speaks for itself. So much content that is unavailable to the community because of these rules

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: July 28, 2012 09:40PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Yes.

And another thing that I foget to say: Pedro's 80's mods is already avaliable on his sig and his mods in my list have no updates because they are perfect (to me), but Pedro still update with new textures and other things.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: July 28, 2012 11:11PM
Posted by: Richard J
kerleyf1

Metero released a partial 1955 mod. It contained only Mercedes carshapes. Have you added additional car shapes, etc. On the 1971 mod, is it also a complete mod relative to carshapes and liveries? Or, is it a partial mod relative to having all 11 teams?. I created a 1972 mod for personal use using Matero's 1972 mod, but it has only one carshape, (like GP3 carset) but I repainted the cars to represent the teams as best I am able, so it is not totally accurate. Matero also had been working on a 1975 mod which contains 4 or 5 teams carshapes. Would be great if that mod could be completed. I would like to see more of the 1960's and 1970's mods be available, but I do not have the skills to mod GP4 as I did with GP3 carsets and tracks.

Richard J
Date: July 28, 2012 11:20PM
Posted by: M.R.
Amazing stuff hope that the mods will be released soon.

my YouTube Channel: [www.youtube.com]
Date: July 28, 2012 11:29PM
Posted by: casssp
M.R. Wrote:
> Amazing stuff hope that the mods will be released
> soon.

Me too, but I don´t think so, because it´s almost impossible to get permissions for all of the mods and the files into the mods.
I do not want to be pessimistic, but let's be sensible, it is almost impossible. Probably some/many authors/creators are no longer active.
This is very sad, very interesting po mods have there, almost 30 years of F1.

Sad, very sad...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2012 11:30PM by casssp.
Date: July 28, 2012 11:36PM
Posted by: M.R.
casssp schrieb:
> M.R. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Amazing stuff hope that the mods will be
> released
> > soon.
>
>
> Me too, but I don´t think so, because it´s
> almost impossible to get permissions for all of
> the mods and the files into the mods.
> I do not want to be pessimistic, but let's be
> sensible, it is almost impossible. Probably
> some/many authors/creators are no longer active.
> This is very sad, very interesting po mods have
> there, almost 30 years of F1.
>
> Sad, very sad...

Yeah that is the sad side from the story.
The permission stuff ruins the community

my YouTube Channel: [www.youtube.com]
Date: July 28, 2012 11:52PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Richard J Wrote:
> kerleyf1
>
> Meteoro released a partial 1955 mod. It contained
> only Mercedes carshapes. Have you added
> additional car shapes, etc. On the 1971 mod, is
> it also a complete mod relative to carshapes and
> liveries? Or, is it a partial mod relative to
> having all 11 teams?. I created a 1972 mod for
> personal use using Matero's 1972 mod, but it has
> only one carshape, (like GP3 carset) but I
> repainted the cars to represent the teams as best
> I am able, so it is not totally accurate. Meteoro
> also had been working on a 1975 mod which contains
> 4 or 5 teams carshapes. Would be great if that
> mod could be completed. I would like to see more
> of the 1960's and 1970's mods be available, but I
> do not have the skills to mod GP4 as I did with
> GP3 carsets and tracks.

Hi Richard

In this community, many have called me "leech" by convert from RF to GP4....

I've always said that they are conversions....

I've always asked permission to authors....

Whenever I mentioned to original authors....

When was denied the permits, only be distributed by PM...

However, for many I am a "leech" .... Obviously not feel like anything release of F1 cars...

Regards my friend (Y)
Why not follow a more practical approach?

Release everything and have a big Readme crediting all the authors/developers etc. If someone does not want his/hers work to be released they can contact you and sort it out in private.

That way you still give credit to the people who deserve it while using the "permission rule" in a reasonable manner.

Just an idea
Date: July 29, 2012 10:34AM
Posted by: mansell92
Every time I log in here there seems to be a new thread by a distinguished modder announcing that they are giving up. The problem is that, at that point, a lot of talent and experience is lost that is rarely replaced. It's fairly inevitable for a game of such an age.

kerley's list made my eyes pop! Having such content available to all would reinvigorate the community and keep GP4 alive for a good while longer. Bottom line is, we need this to happen!

I like melnibonian's suggestion of presumptive consent. Why not have a, say thirty-day, period where a sticky is placed on all the main GP4 forums signalling the intent to release and listing all the modders involved? Modders can give permission or, if they have gone missing from the community, if they do not dissent then their approval is presumed with the understanding that if they do show up then the mod can be pulled down if they are not happy about their work being used.

I think that would show these good people the respect they deserve for their great work, but also give the community the chance to finally get hold of all the content it has always wanted.
Date: July 29, 2012 11:59AM
Posted by: thestig88
yep, i think that would be a good idea, gp4 seriously faces dying off unless we can keep up the interest in it through new mods & tracks etc. i can compile mods myself, but as much as i would love to I have no shaping, track modelling, painting etc skills whatsoever, plus having a young daughter means I wouldn't have the time.

I can understand some peoples view that their work is theirs, and permissions should be saught, but we all appreciate tremendously every little bit of work done, and if i was a modder - as long as i got credited with my work then, seeing the joy my work would bring to the community would be credit and reward in itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy