Atticus' Workthread - [RE-RELEASED] Updated Road Atlanta (1997) Beta - All Links on p. 1

Posted by Atticus. 
Grazie Davide :)
Briere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grazie Davide :)

you're welcome.. it could be very nice one great video of yours;)
Wow, thanks!
Splendid work both in Suzuka as in Spa
Be possible to make a fair and accurate steering.
Formidable work Drt01 and Atticus.
Success.

Explêndido trabalho tanto em Suzuka quanto em Spa.
Ser possível fazer uma pilotagem justa e correta.
Formidáveis trabalhos Drt01 e Atticus.
Sucesso.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
drt01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Briere Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Grazie Davide :)
>
>
> you're welcome.. it could be very nice one great
> video of yours;)

Why not :) It'll take a while getting used to driving GP4 again, I've been spending the last few weeks in GPL ;)
@drt01: Thank you very very much once again, because once again you did an awesome job. :-)

And a huge 'thank you' for all of you for experiencing the track and your positive feedback on it. :-)

I updated the first post with the link for the upgraded Spa (1979). Compared to drt01's link on p. 11, I recreated some of the 0.5 Beta track cams as they went missing somehow in the case of the previous link.

Enjoy. :-)

P.S.: I was recently encouraged by my tiny success at editing the wall at Watkins Glen, so I decided to employ some very very basic Photoshopping to update some existing textures of all my tracks. These include

- a new characteristic blue strip on the verges of Paul Ricard (it looks awesome),
- completely new colors for Riverside,
- new authentic green kerbs for Road Atlanta,
- white ones for Suzuka and the Hermanos Rodriguez,
- replaced ugly original walls on the Silverstone-based tracks.

Some subtle elevation and track cam changes were also introduced at some tracks.

The main motivation was given by the upcoming Sears Point track, which got finished recently and also got a pretty unique look.

All of these things will be online in a few days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 02:07PM by Atticus..
Drt01 and Atticus, in Spa the only observation that I do is about the configuration of the cameras.
In many moments in external view sees only vegetation and trees.

Drt01 e Atticus, em Spa a unica observação que faço é quanto as configuração das câmeras.
Em muitos momentos na visão externa enxerga-se apenas vegetação e árvores.

@celinho: Which version do you use? The new link on p. 1, or drt01's link on p. 11?

If the new one, then it is intentional. I used cameras from the '80s mainly and at that time there were a lot less of them than nowadays and most of them were placed in vastly different places compared to today. Having less of them obviously resulted in some 'black spots'. You can always insert a few to fill out the missing views, I'd like to keep it this way.
Video preview.. of SPA (1979) Released Page #1 Post # 05 ... Enjoy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 03:51PM by hasbriale.
Atticus, I use the version that is available on the link drt01 p. 11.

Another Great work mates!!! (Y)
Wow ! Spa with the old S/F line. Great !

Really good work. Still in a beta state ?

@EricMoinet: Well, yes, the kerbs are still 2001-style, the 1979 ones were a lot higher. However, I don't really want to install them, because I think the new kerbs allow for a much more flowing circuit than the old ones - old ones did not allowed for that large corner radii. Still, it is an unfinished or unrealistic element, that's why I keep it a beta. One can always find other inaccuracies as well, I regularly update my tracks here or there.

In fact most of them will get some texture update soon. One by one. ;-)
Ok. I was wondering because it looked like to be complete and I didn't see what could be still done on it.

Well... Some details, and then other details...
Yet very impressive work and really nice looking track

(Y) (B) (B) (B)

Thank you very much, I'm - and I'm sure drt01 is as well - glad you like it. :-)
Of couse i'm glad too...:-)

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
+1 Thanks guys!
Paul Ricard updated.

As I said it includes a completely new verges texture, which portrays some part of the famous blue strip around the track to add some much-needed realism. Elevations were revisited slightly, as were some of the related track cam positions.

Enjoy. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2013 12:49AM by Atticus..
Preview on Friday

Video preview.. of Paul Ricard (2013) Released Page #1 Post # 05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2013 04:05PM by hasbriale.
Great work mate :-)

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy