> gav Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Apparently HRT have denied that is the 2012
> car.
>
>
> Strange, because I got the pic here

Still its old car, old tires, someone ever forgot to edit last bits of old livery from rear wing.

New car will be shown at third test on March 1.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2012 10:28PM by IWE.
Re: 2012 F1 Car Launch Thread
Date: February 22, 2012 12:33AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
That isn't confirmed. They still need to pass the roll-hoop, lateral nose and frontal crash tests first, which are the three it failed on last time.

Date: February 22, 2012 01:36AM
Posted by: EC83
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> New car will be shown at third test on March 1.

Or someone from the team(Maybe Kolles himself - LOL at the thought) will turn up with a picture of the car and run in front of the cameras waving it.

Definitely if an actual car turns up, it'll be their most organised start to a season by a mile.
Amazing that that team has done two full seasons of F1 and not participated in a single pre-season test yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 01:42AM by EC83.
Date: February 22, 2012 02:07AM
Posted by: danm
which is due serious credit!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 22, 2012 03:07PM
Posted by: Morbid
chet Wrote:
> I honestly don't see how stalling the front wing
> would be that beneficial... Sure, it creates drag
> but the effects would not be any near as large as
> with the rear wing.

Erhhh... it doesn't create drag, it reduces it. Otherwise the car would go slower, not faster.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 22, 2012 04:02PM
Posted by: flat tyre
EC83 Wrote:
> Or someone from the team(Maybe Kolles himself -
> LOL at the thought)
will turn up with a picture of
> the car and run in front of the cameras waving it.

Especially as Kolles isn't part of HRT anymore :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: February 22, 2012 04:51PM
Posted by: bob197724
Williams isn't looking particularly fast yet. The car doesn't look that different from last years. I think they are in for another tough season.
Date: February 22, 2012 05:20PM
Posted by: Slash
bob197724 Wrote:
> Williams isn't looking particularly fast yet. The
> car doesn't look that different from last years.
> I think they are in for another tough season.

with those drivers i would bet on it too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 05:28PM by Slash.
Date: February 22, 2012 05:21PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
danm Wrote:
> It took BMW a fair amount of time to make a mark
> and win their first race.

Sure, but they were starting with a base in the midfield, whereas the base for Mercedes was a championship-winning team.

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> I quite like it, actually. The silver masks the
> step a little, too.

From some angles it does, but it looks terrible from the front.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 22, 2012 05:22PM
Posted by: J i m
They certianly haven't turned a lap-time yet and whilst that might just be part of their test programme reports from observers say the car looks twitchy and unstable, which was backed up by Senna's comments yesterday saying that the cars needs to improve the way it handles the slower corners.

He was fairly impressed with the balance in the longer & faster corners though which seems to be a characteristic reversal for Williams since it's strength usually revolved point & squirt tracks like Monaco, Montreal & Singapore whilst it was weak at Barcelona, Spa & Suzuka for example.

Date: February 22, 2012 08:11PM
Posted by: gav
Morbid
Erhhh... it doesn't create drag, it reduces it. Otherwise the car would go slower, not faster.

He means the front wing creates drag, not the stalling of it. I think our local vortexologist knows the ultimate basics of aerodynamics. ;)
Date: February 22, 2012 10:02PM
Posted by: Morbid
There are many benefits from stalling the front wing besides reducing drag. A vortexologist should know that. ;) Especially when there is a link that explains it all very well on the same page!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 22, 2012 10:32PM
Posted by: EC83
flat tyre Wrote:
> Especially as Kolles isn't part of HRT anymore :P

He could still be drafted back in to act as their official fall-guy whenever they screw up though, which was kinda my point :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 10:52PM by EC83.
Date: February 23, 2012 04:54PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It's good to see Williams have added some more white/red to the engine cover, it improves the livery quite a lot.

Just like last year, however, the livery is let down by the front of the car.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 23, 2012 06:54PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
J i m schrieb:
> They certianly haven't turned a lap-time yet and
> whilst that might just be part of their test
> programme reports from observers say the car looks
> twitchy and unstable, which was backed up by
> Senna's comments yesterday saying that the cars
> needs to improve the way it handles the slower
> corners.
>
> He was fairly impressed with the balance in the
> longer & faster corners though which seems to be a
> characteristic reversal for Williams since it's
> strength usually revolved point & squirt tracks
> like Monaco, Montreal & Singapore whilst it was
> weak at Barcelona, Spa & Suzuka for example.

williams were strong in Spa in 2010, in Monaco and Barcelona as well- actually maldonado was 8-th or 9-th on the grid in 2011.
Date: February 23, 2012 10:43PM
They weren't that strong. Williams haven't had a car properly strong on "aerodynamic circuits" ever since Newy left them. For a period the strength of the BMW engine masked some of the weaknesses in the chassis side, the same weaknesses that have been painfully apparent ever since their split. Ever since then the Williams cars have tended to be inconsistent although often had a sweet spot at Monaco. Their best effort post BMW was 2009 when they produced a respectable car which was their most consistent for ages and had plenty of early promise but wasn't capitalised on.

Maldonaldo did reach Q3 at Barcelona last year, though that might have had something to do with tyre tactics and he went backwards in the race, his point at Spa was impressive for him but as much to do with stronger opposition failing ahead of him as it was with car being strong.

So far... During testing this winter they have been content to plug away on high fuel loads and rack up the mileage. Today's headline lap was nice for morale and all that but it means little, Barrichello did a faster lap during last winter in the FW33 which the team actually failed to replicate at the grand prix weekend.

Maldonaldo has been quoted as quite brash and optimistic about the FW34's prospects but I remember him being nothing but overly optimistic this time last year as well. Meanwhile trackside observations from Jerez that the FW34 is unstable have been borne out by Both Senna's and Botta's comments this week that it needs improvement in the slow corners. As daft as it sounds a lot of laptime can be gained/lost in the slow stuff.

Date: February 26, 2012 09:18AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
who are we still waiting for?

Murussia and HRT.

My Russia will probs release theirs soon, yes? I don't know. Hormone Replacement Therapy will show up with theirs at the first race. In bits. With key components missing. And others not fitting due to being made in Taiwan. And in the wrong spec, like, two year old. And with a driver who I'm surprised still knows which way to turn when he leaves the garage. And they'll still beat Murussia.
Date: February 26, 2012 10:56AM
Posted by: Slash
lol, Homemade Racing Team
Date: February 26, 2012 11:03AM
Marussia will "roll out" and run their new car during the next test. Missing the first two tests even for them wasn't slick meaning they have little time to understand the car and come to terms with any teething problems

Meanwhile someone at the FIA has felt sorry for HRT and given full pass documentation to the crash tests. They face a rush to get their new car ready. They "hope" to maybe get a couple of days testing during the last test. So expect manic panic stations at Melbourne and the car only to be ready to ru during the dying seconds of fp3.

Date: February 27, 2012 10:20PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Marussia have confirmed via twitter that they've failed the final crash test, and as a consequence will not test this week.

A huge blow to them; looks like they'll be using FP at Melbourne for shakedowns and stuff unless they get special dispensation somewhere along the line. This is unlikely, however, as it's less than 3 weeks to the start of the season.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy