Renault(Sorry, Lotus) drivers for 2012

Posted by EC83 
Re: Renault(Sorry, Lotus) drivers for 2012
Date: November 29, 2011 10:32PM
Posted by: chet
Petrov too. They will need the money I imagine.

Also, hear it here first, Kimi will bag more than a few podiums.

It's only right the quickest racing driver is back in F1. Kimi is a driver I think is better than all of them, a fully motivated and wanting Kimi is just about the most amazing thing out there. He is going to be pure AWESOME!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 29, 2011 10:34PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> good point frantic, but i argue that the german
> combo is nr 1 because webber, massa are really
> middle class drivers (from what they showed this
> season). Lewis was a bit better than those two
> but in thisseason particulary he was nothing
> special.nearly 60 points behind button. If he ups
> his game. Then macca will be just as good i'd say
> as merc., maybe even better

Some more Schumacher bias...

He's not even been that good this year. Better than last year, yes, but still not as good as Rosberg. And Rosberg himself has underperformed in the races. There are better partnerships on the grid.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 29, 2011 11:24PM
Posted by: Isaint
I think it's true Schumacher for me, has not proved much this year. Very dissapointed to be honest. I would not say that Rosberg under performed, just closer competition from his team mate that's all.
A good team mate can keep you honest or ultimately make you look ordinairy, ask Lewis.
Again the return of a former Champion brings expectations and so it should for people who support those individuals but I will reserve judgement, seen too many things turned upside down in present day F1 to predict anything any more.
Kimmi is quick but I would not say he was the quickest guy in F1 that's my opinion, no one has to share it.
He's good to watch when all is well with car and team but otherwise .......?

And otherwise is probably all that he will experience after a lengthy lay-off. Back in F1 with a totally different form of race car and with a whole new Magna-Carta of rules.
But then again, maybe 'The Ice Man truly cometh'.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: November 29, 2011 11:34PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
it is not bias. true, rosberg has more points and destroyed schumacher in qualys. still, i am watchin close the performacne of those two guys, and indeeed schumacher is very very fast. i also watched him race against button (barca last year), hamilton (monza this year), webber (canada this year) alonso as well, and i must say that he did pretty good job fighting all of these guys.

his pace might not be spot on in qualys, but hey, when has it been actually (post 2000). i dont want to be bias or to stablish my opinion, but since spain (except for abu dhabi) schunmacher has been as least as fast if not faster than nico (for whom btw i cant say UNDERPERFORMED. how did you conclude that at all :?) He has really good pace, and likes the brazilizan track, or singapore pretty much- still schuey was faster on the 2 occasions). haug, also confirmed that schumachers pace was much better than nicos in the race on sunday.

so to sum it up i d say, that what i write here is in my view a very objective opinion. and again, if someone doesnt like they can clearly say so, but please dont cal me biased for saying what i think.
Date: November 30, 2011 12:05AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I agree ^ his race pace has generally been better when he hasn't tripped over someone.
Date: November 30, 2011 12:11AM
Anyway, back on topic...seeing as LRGP now have Raikkonen, they may as well freshen up the line-up. So, if I was Eric Boullier I'd take a look at those under Gravity management and choose between Grosjean or D'Ambrosio.

D'Ambrosio had a good season, something that's hard to show when you're tooling around at the back in a car that didn't see a wind tunnel. So he should be at least considered for the drive.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: November 30, 2011 12:16AM
Posted by: LeeBeau
Subjective objectivity ;)

Whether or not they've underperformed doesn't make much of a difference, cos Mercedes spent most of the season racing pretty much all alone as the 4th best team on the grid (in terms of points at least), with no one to realistically catch or fend off. Qualifying was the only thing that made it a bit more interesting for them if they were to mess it up, which meant a long haul past inferior cars to their 7th and 8th spot in the finish.

Underperformance will start biting them in the ass when they'll actually have someone besides each other to race against, which is what I'm hoping for next season via Lotus and Räikkönen (assuming that Mercedes doesn't catch up with the top 3 teams).

Haters gonna hate but I like Kimi and I'm very glad he'll be back. What's left now is for Kubica to get well and return and hopefully be able to perform up to his rightful standards.
Date: November 30, 2011 12:26AM
Posted by: EC83
I really want Senna to be chosen as Kimi's teammate now, that would complete one of my favourite driver pairings in my entire time as a fan of the sport.
I have a nasty feeling it might be Grosjean who gets chosen though, if only because of his past involvement with the team, and because Boullier will probably want a French driver.
With one top driver now confirmed though, it increases the chance that the other car could get shared between different drivers, like what RedBull did in 2005 and HRT did in 2010 - that's if Boullier doesn't want to make a definite choice yet.

Date: November 30, 2011 12:51AM
There are few drivers capable of filling in alongside Kimi. Sutil, Hulk, Di Resta, Senna and Grosjean.

If D'Ambrosio gets it then Glock surely deserves Massa's seat. Glock has been pretty amazing IMO, both last year and this year yet hasnt really been noticed.

Date: November 30, 2011 01:06AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Isn't Petrov pretty much confirmed?
Date: November 30, 2011 04:38AM
Posted by: casabonka
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't Petrov pretty much confirmed?

He is, but if Kimi brings enough sponsorship $$ from Qatar as rumored with Williams, he might not be needed.

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: November 30, 2011 08:08AM
Posted by: gav
Petrov has a contract for next year, but some people are wondering if it had performance-related clauses in it, similar to Heidfeld's.

The fact that Petrov himself has apparently said his seat isn't set in stone suggests that his contract isn't black and white.
Date: November 30, 2011 03:25PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
And the fact that they've given a deadline seems to indicate to me that they want some more money from him.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 30, 2011 03:39PM
Petrov never really looked to out-perform Senna IMO. And given Senna came in late, and had less experience, I thought he handled it all well. He pace is under no question, Spa, and Brazil show that but for whatever reason he just couldnt get the points.

I hope Senna is given another chance either at LRGP or Williams. Failing that I wouldn't object to seeing Grosjean given another shot. Either way, Kimi will make them wish they never stepped into the car :D:D!

Date: November 30, 2011 11:53PM
Posted by: **Taylor**
So any chance of any of you talented people mocking up what Kimi's helmet design will be for 2012?

Date: December 01, 2011 12:47PM
Kimi's helmet designs are hardly predictable, so it would be difficult to get something close to what he ends up using!

It would be nice to see him go back to the blue and red design he used in his Sauber/McLaren days.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 01, 2011 05:22PM
It'll just be a gold and black lid with the little rune pattern on the top...

Date: December 01, 2011 08:08PM
Posted by: EC83
Yeah, the rune is a constant in all of his helmets, you can stick that on it now if nothing else :P

Date: December 01, 2011 09:51PM
Posted by: **Taylor**
Yeah i thought so too, but does anyone with the required talent fancy creating/adapting one of his old ones to a black & gold version? I for one would love to see a nice mock-up... :-)

On a side note, does anyone know whether his Red Bull sponsorship will continue/be present on his helmet/overalls/car ??

Date: December 09, 2011 07:33AM
Grosjean's confirmed at Renault now for 2012, so they've certainly gone for a risky and intriguing driver line-up!

What's quite unlikely to happen, but I'd like to see, is Petrov to Virgin (would help Marussia in the Russian market) and Glock to Williams.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy