Sky Sports F1 HD

Posted by marwood82 
Re: Sky Sports F1 HD
Date: March 12, 2013 08:19AM
Posted by: J i m
The streams have become less reliable for me... They keep losing connection and I have to refresh, it gets too irritating to continue after a while.

Date: March 12, 2013 04:01PM
Posted by: senninho
I've given in and ordered the special HD offer. I can live with £5 a month (for 6 months) for F1 and the additional channels.

Date: March 12, 2013 05:39PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yeah in fact the stream quality wasn't great last night, but usually they are ok.

I hope they are because that is what I am relying on now that France has moved to pay TV.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 14, 2013 01:32PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Can someone please explain how this code thing works? Apparently SKY subscribers get a code they can use on Xbox live? But I cannot find an app.

How does it work????
Date: March 14, 2013 03:02PM
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can someone please explain how this code thing
> works? Apparently SKY subscribers get a code they
> can use on Xbox live? But I cannot find an app.
>
>
> How does it work????

O rly? Hadn't heard about this, but i'd also be interested to know.

//edit: do you mean this:

[help.sky.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2013 03:03PM by senninho.
Date: March 14, 2013 08:58PM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
For those asking about classic races Sky F1 are showing classic Australian GPs this weekend.
Friday:
10:30am- 1994
6pm- 2007

Saturday:
7:45am- 2010
9:45pm- 1999

Sunday:
9am- 2003
(Times are UK time)

I hoped that they would show the 1991 Australian GP.
Date: March 15, 2013 08:44PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
I wanted to see the 2001 race.. :(

Date: March 15, 2013 09:30PM
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> I wanted to see the 2001 race.. :(

All 14 laps of it? ;-)

Date: March 15, 2013 10:31PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I might have got this wrong, but I think Sky are doing an Android app called 'Sky Sports TV' (or something similar). As far as I could see - you get access to all of the Sky Sports Channels, Sky Sports F1, ESPN, and a few other channels. Costs £4.99 a month, even if you don't have Sky at home.

Sounds too good to be true, but it's not compatible with my phone so I didn't bother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 12:04AM by flat tyre.
Date: March 16, 2013 03:34PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
J i m Wrote:
> DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wanted to see the 2001 race.. :(
>
>
> All 14 laps of it? ;-)

Haha was it that short? Didnt know. Just wanted to see Kimi in the sauber in his first race xD

Date: March 17, 2013 12:01AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
Watching the 1999 race, it's weird to hear "great performance" and "De La Rosa" in the same sentence.
Date: March 17, 2013 12:13AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
The 2001 race went the whole distance. It was the 1991 race that was stopped early. Pretty sure was the shortest F1 race in history.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: March 17, 2013 07:03PM
Lmao.. Obviously I meant the 1991 race... I must have been dozing when I hit the quote button.

Date: March 17, 2013 08:54PM
Posted by: flat tyre
EDIT: oops, wrong thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 08:54PM by flat tyre.
Date: March 18, 2013 01:14AM
Posted by: EC83
Suzi Perry seems to be struggling a bit so far - very nervous and stumbling over her words quite a lot. And she tends to interrupt DC when he's speaking to her. But as she gains experience and chills out that should sort itself.

Date: March 18, 2013 08:00AM
Posted by: gav
Yeah, I only saw Saturday's coverage, but she was almost slurring at times. Hopefully just nerves, but it's worrying that it wasn't even live, so they could have done several takes for most things if they'd wanted to.

Let's face it though... whoever they got, they weren't going to be Jake (Community Chang gay link here).

Still, she's still better than Simon Lazenby, who reminded me yesterday of the @#$%& annoying news reporter guy, Richard Thornburg, in the Die Hard series.

Date: March 18, 2013 03:21PM
Posted by: chet
Suzi Perry had a good start IMO. She has big boots to fill, and as mentioned she IMO is already better than Simon.

I think when Eddie is back there might be some more flow.

Also, howcome SSF1 do not show the full race online like iPlayer when BBC show the race?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 18, 2013 05:35PM
Posted by: gav
chet
Also, howcome SSF1 do not show the full race online like iPlayer when BBC show the race?

They do (or did) using Sky Go (which works in browsers as well as phones and tablets). I managed to blag a free pass for it for a race last year, and it worked well - the quality is quite good.
Date: March 22, 2013 11:24PM
Having watched some of the practice this weekend, I have to say I think I'm getting my money's worth. The commentary team have great chemistry, and I've enjoyed hearing Johnny Herbert during the practice sessions - he really does have an 'armchair enthusiast' vibe, and some of his throwaway lines were excellent.

Date: March 23, 2013 03:36AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
gav Wrote:
> > Also, howcome SSF1 do not show the full race
> online like iPlayer when BBC show the race?
>
>
> They do (or did) using Sky Go (which works in
> browsers as well as phones and tablets). I
> managed to blag a free pass for it for a race last
> year, and it worked well - the quality is quite
> good.

Yeah, they do. I think the schedule for Melbourne was "Full race, live", then "highlights" around midday, then the whole shebang again later on.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy