gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he's referring to radio calls earlier in
> the season, where Hamilton was grumbling that he
> "can't drive any slower", and then in a subsequent
> race complained about not being able to go any
> faster on old rubber (the exact nature of the
> radio call I can't remember).

yeah Thats correct gav, and it was the same race, later on in the same stint when he had destroyed the tyres and the team wanted him to go faster.

Re: 2011 Japanese GP **SPOILERS**
Date: October 12, 2011 03:53PM
Posted by: Morbid
Isaint Wrote:
> Very interesting comment here. I'm very intrigued,
> I also agree that there seems to be something that
> we are all missing but maybe Lewis know's, hence,
> his demure demeanor. Are we actually witnessing
> the deliberate distruction of a very talented
> sportsman for reasons unknown, through powers
> unknown?

I think we are witnessing the destruction of a talented sportsman. I don't think that it is unknown powers for unknown reasons. This not a new phenomena, Hamilton is just the latest addition to the process. As I wrote earlier this season:

Morbid
It is so fascinating to watch, how the British tabloids produce copy, by building up home grown sports stars, and once the public grows tired of heroism, they produce copy by tearing them down again. It is even more fascinating to watch how the mob eats it raw and cries for more slaughter, without giving any reflection at all to this pattern. I am so grateful, that I am not a star of any kind in your country.

This is what is going on. And it perpetuates itself through the mindless repetitions of drones, that have nothing better to do.

If you want to talk about what Hamilton did wrong, then you shouldn't look after whether or not he got everything "handed" to him, or if Ron Dennis disappeared from the F1 team. I'd rather look to the comments Brawn made about Vettel recently:

Autosport
... the next challenge would be to display an ability to replicate Schumacher and turn an uncompetitive team in to title challengers.

"For Sebastian, what will come now, which will be an interesting phase of his career, will be when he has not got the best car," Brawn is quoted by Autosport. "I think you have a fantastic driver in the best car, and that combination is unbeatable. It will be interesting to see Sebastian's role, Sebastian's influence, Sebastian's position when perhaps he does not have the best car, he has to make it the best car, and has to create the best car."

Brawn said that the move will come in the future when Vettel finds himself in need of a fresh challenge.

"That will be another chapter of Sebastian Vettel when it comes - and it will come. Perhaps he will make it happen himself, because he will go to another team as he wants them to be successful. And the challenge for Sebastian will be exactly the same as it was for Michael, that you have won two world championships, so what is next? What is the new challenge for me? What is the motivation?

Hamilton should have departed from McLaren after the WDC. I know that he felt a debt of gratitude, but on the other hand, how will you develop your game and skills without fresh inputs and challenges? Throughout his meteoric career, he has always had to deal with a new type of car, in a new team, in a new racing series. That ended with the "lifetime" McLaren commitment. Where is the challenge that will provoke his brain to be constantly aware and ready to expand into new areas? The skills he had in 2007 are just not good enough now, because everybody else have grown over the last 4 years.

Button knew this, probably from experience with the shift from Honda constantly leaking everything into a slow death (to the utter humiliation of being beaten by Super Aguri, running a modified Honda from the previous season), to the unbelievable success of BrawnGP in just a single season. It was fresh people, fresh thinking and the total uncertainty of the team's future, forcing a new challenge upon him, that squeezed the very best out of him. The reasoning is simple: "I need a challenge like that again. I know, let's go beat Hamilton at McLaren! That will keep me on my toes!"

If you look back at the articles that covered Button's break with BrawnGP and the signing with McLaren, and even Rosberg's enthusiastic response to the possibility of Mercedes signing Schumacher, this is actually the reasoning that powered those choices! They wanted the challenge!

Lewis needs to do the same, to get out there and get new currents of fresh water over the stagnant parts of the corral reef. Break off the old sh!t and get new growth going.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 03:55PM by Morbid.
Date: October 12, 2011 04:32PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
very good one.

although i think hMILTONS problem is much more mental, not something to do with motivation. his motivation is to kick everyone's ass, to be the best. to win another title. to be better than vettel, now also to be better than button. so, you cant actually say he doesnt have motivation, i think
Date: October 12, 2011 05:20PM
I am not saying his problem is motivation to beat them all. I still think it is there. This is actually evidenced by the mistakes he makes. The mistakes come out of the frustration of "damnit, why the @#$%& isn't it working awesome, like it did just a few seasons ago?!?!". This requires the motivation to beat the others to be present.

What I am saying is that you cannot move on by treading water. There is no revolutionary input, because it is the same place, the same people, the same ideas, the same concept. He already spent 5 years telling the engineers what kind of car he wants. Who is going to throw something completely new at him? Who is going to catch him off guard and open up new areas of development of his talent, that he didn't know he had? Structures just grow stale over time. Even the most dominating force in F1 ever, namely Schumacher/Brawn/Ferrari/etc eventually ran out of steam and had to accept defeat to Alonso/Renault. Alonso going back to Renault/Flavio and all those other guys didn't work out either.

You cannot keep reusing the same old stuff and combinations of people, and expect to keep on winning, when everybody else is out there exploring new things. They are growing and you are not. That is the essence of seeking out the new challenge. Motivation only plays the part of being willing to leave the comfort zone of all that is familiar and safe. The motivation to risk it all, and seek out that challenge, which will bring fresh inputs and ideas on the table.

Date: October 12, 2011 05:21PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Some staggering BS and spin from Whitmarsh again, in reference to Lewis' crash with Massa:

Martin Whitmarsh
"I think Lewis was distracted at the time, he knew he had a puncture, and he knew he was nursing a car, so I think you can always have bigger mirrors, you can always have better mirrors, you can always have better positioned mirrors and you can always be more attentive to using mirrors. But it is one of those things."
Source: Autosport

Apart from the rest of the crap he said, Martin obviously thinks he was distracted by a puncture he had in a different stint to the time that he hit Massa...

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 05:28PM by SchueyFan.
Date: October 12, 2011 05:26PM
Yeah, I found that one odd too. Whitmarsh either needs some media training, or to delegate the contact to the media to someone else.

Date: October 12, 2011 07:06PM
Posted by: LeeBeau
nah, it's because he's black
Date: October 12, 2011 09:22PM
LeeBeau Wrote:
> nah, it's because he's black

55 posts. Many of them are one sentence or less. None of them use proper grammar. I think it is safe to ignore your posts, and have a mature conversation with those who are mentally able and willing.

Date: October 12, 2011 09:29PM
why so serious?
Date: October 12, 2011 09:42PM
Posted by: andreigp4
Morbid Wrote:
> LeeBeau Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > nah, it's because he's black
>
> 55 posts. Many of them are one sentence or less.
> None of them use proper grammar. I think it is
> safe to ignore your posts, and have a mature
> conversation with those who are mentally able and
> willing.

-------------------------------
If I were you I'd remove this post. Just plain stupid!

____
Date: October 12, 2011 09:46PM
andreigp4 Wrote:
Just plain
> stupid!

NO WAY, really ?!?! in my mind it was the first intelligent comment i've ever posted on the internet.

btw Morbid is right, my posts hold no value, i urge you not to read

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 09:54PM by LeeBeau.
Date: October 12, 2011 09:52PM
We try to write in English which is NOT our native language! Last time I checked this WAS NOT Morbid's forum and HUMAN RIGHTS regarding free speech were still on. I don't see the point of offending someone just because you don't have something else to do!

____
Date: October 12, 2011 10:21PM
andreigp4 Wrote:
> offending someone

People get offended on the internet? If you take my grammatically incorrect sentences seriously and are offended by any of them then I really am sorry. It is not my intention to make anyone feel bad, it is to make one laugh at the idiocy of what I write.

I'll give it a go and try writing something serious and on-topic then:

I think Hamilton's numerous errors, bad luck and the media are really getting to him and my fear is that he might at some point (if it hasn't already happened) crack under the pressure of being afraid of making a mistake every now and again (it's only natural). He seems to have become really desperate to be perfect and godlike. Hopefully, if/when he gets a car that is not the 2nd/3rd best car on the grid, he'll find the calm maturity and attitude to achieve what he's after. I'm not so sure whether changing the scenery would help him though, he's a Brit in a British team with a fellow Brit, I doubt he'd want to leave 'home' without atleast another title.
Date: October 12, 2011 10:25PM
I'm strictly talking about Morbid

____
Date: October 12, 2011 11:16PM
andreigp4 Wrote:
> We try to write in English which is NOT our native
> language!

Not my native language either. What does that have to do with anything?

> Last time I checked this WAS NOT
> Morbid's forum and HUMAN RIGHTS regarding free
> speech were still on.

Human rights? Wtf are you talking about? Nobody has had any rights violated. You have the right to have an opinion. I have the right to tell you, that I find your opinion to be stupid. Do you find that offensive? Click the "report" button. That is how that problem is solved.

> I don't see the point of
> offending someone just because you don't have
> something else to do!

Really? Did you read the post I responded to? Do you even read your own picture thread?

Date: October 12, 2011 11:30PM
I said what I wanted to say and no need to start flaming around. Feel free to:

The End

____
Date: October 12, 2011 11:34PM
Wow. Lifechanging post andreigp4! I am overwhelmed. MAKE MORE OF THOSE!!!

Date: October 12, 2011 11:47PM
Posted by: matt3454
what is this i don't even?

Date: October 12, 2011 11:55PM
Posted by: Isaint
Yes, very interesting posts here.
Change of remit for Hamilton? Not so sure that would work. When you step off into new horizons you normally do so with a confident spring in your step. Also and as weird as this may sound, not sure which of the top teams would take him at this moment in time.
I know there has been innuendo about Red Bull but I would just leave the 'Red' out of that ....... then maybe you would have the whole story. No,. for me, Lewis needs to face his Demons first.You don't get knocked out by an opponent then ask for another before you have a return match. When he does leave Mclaren, wich by the way I think he should. He needs to do so as a winner.

In any event, I see difficult times ahead for him. If he is not up to this latest mental challenge he will fade very quickly, change of management might also be a consideration this man is anything but prepared at this time. Alarmingly he does not strike me as the sort of person that will adapt to a change of team very well either. I think the comment about the whole British team/ network is something that he has been brought up with and has definitely been a comfort zone up until now.

True talent will always shine brighter but its up to the individual to create that spark and ultimately keep it going ..................

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2011 12:12AM by Isaint.
Date: October 13, 2011 12:38AM
If you look to other types of sport, then a change of horizons more often happens when things don't work out, than when they do. It is just less the case in F1, but it does happen. Alonso at McLaren didn't work out, and it wasn't all that great at Renault either. But eventually he worked it out with Ferrari. Things even went wrong before he went to McLaren. Need I remind of the state of paranoia that saturated Alonso's behaviour and farcical press comments in the last months with the championship Renault team?

What is far worse for Hamilton in my mind, is that now the timing is wrong. There are no decent places to go. Ferrari is busy with Alonso and we all saw went down between those two. Lewis is probably not in shape to take Vettel down at Red Bull. Mercedes is probably not an option either, and there are no other teams that really have the potential atm, to pull themselves to the top in the next few years. Renault is the best bet, but they recently suffered massive budget cuts, and it does not look likely they will get the funding back any time soon. The change of venue, is what should have been done, and should have been suggested by his management. Now it is more difficult situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2011 12:40AM by Morbid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy