Posted by: HakkF1
So am I under boycott or something
u guys take this forum too seriously
I just hope I haven't been talking to a bunch of nerds for the past 7 years

==============================
Re: New Delhi f1 circut!
Date: October 05, 2011 08:10AM
Posted by: gav
Well something nerdier is that I drove the track in F1 2011, and if that track is a anywhere near accurate (as the other Tilke tracks are in F1 2010), then it's just another Tilke track. Very wide, mahoosive straight, silly, pointless twists and ever-tightening corners. It will probably be billiard-table smooth too.

The first section is like Turkey (only inverted, and lacking as much altitude change), the last corner just screams China.

Turn 10 looks to be up there as one of the most frustrating corners I can recall ever seeing in F1. In F1 2011 you just can't attack it due to that kink on the way out. It's like the Carousel at Road America but then he has a Tilke moment, realises it's a good corner, so @#$%& up the end of it.

I think we realised he'd lost all imagination after a couple of years with China, but this is really just taking the piss.

Bernie, get those guys in who eventually did Singapore - they know how to design a challenging track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2011 08:11AM by gav.
Date: October 05, 2011 08:22AM
Posted by: Slash
HakkF1
I just hope I haven't been talking to a bunch of
nerds for the past 7 years

1 thread and you're throwing it all away?... where's the love?. ;-)

gav
It's like the Carousel at Road America but then he has a Tilke moment, realises it's a good corner, so @#$%& up the end of it.

true that... but let's give it the bennefit of the doubt... a lot of people weren't excited with Korea after playing it in F1 2010 and it was better than expected...
Date: October 05, 2011 09:49AM
Posted by: J i m
That may have had something to do with the conditions.

Date: October 06, 2011 02:11PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I don't think so. I think that Korea is a great track. It's a shame about the mickey mouse first half but the twisty second half is fantastic imo. I find it hard to believe that Tilke designed it - several fast corners that are nearly (but not quite) flat out with virtually no straights between them, and some stupidly close walls on the exits of corners. Turn 16 always makes me cringe. I find it hard to believe that the modern F1 allowed that corner to even exist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy