2011 Italian GP **SPOILERS** + Race Statistics

Posted by andreigp4 
Re: 2011 Italian GP **SPOILERS** + Race Statistics
Date: September 15, 2011 05:37PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
gav,
schumacher couldnt even keep the car straight when driiving on the nordschleife with nico rosberg :)))

around the 50-th second :=

BTW: is this a legal overtake (the last 15 sec. of the clip) ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 07:13PM by mitadumapaga.
Date: September 15, 2011 07:53PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
We wouldn't need to have all of these investigations for overtakes like that one ^ if they just stuck with the friggin' gravel traps.
Date: September 15, 2011 09:31PM
Posted by: J i m
Well it's difficult to say soley from that angle, initially it was an impressive out braking pass, he certainly carried too much speed in, but we didn't see the whole story and it's not clear that he gained position by going off the track. Not enough evidence there to suggest it was illegal. The pass itself looked entirely legitimate and fair, keeping track position afterwards having gone off may be investigable, but only armed with a bit more info shown in that clip which didn't really show anything suspect imo.

Date: September 16, 2011 03:56PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Looks illegal to me. He carried too much speed into the corner in an attempt to keep position. It's the same as Lewis on Kimi at Spa - whilst the pass itself was not illegal, the actions around it which allowed it to happen were illegal.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 16, 2011 06:06PM
Posted by: marcl
Lewis got a penalty in France in 2008 for the same thing, he passed Vettel before the corner but then went off.

If that had been Monza he would have had to give the place back.
Date: September 17, 2011 08:02PM
Posted by: Slash
Date: September 17, 2011 09:04PM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah... Guilty as charged on that. I think he was more trying to break the tow there, but still that was about 1337 moves which was definitely being a bit cheeky. Penalty pretty much justified to the letter of the sporting regs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy