2011 Belgian GP **SPOILERS** + Race statistics

Posted by andreigp4 
Re: 2011 Belgian GP **SPOILERS**
Date: August 27, 2011 03:14PM
Posted by: gav
Somewhere in Brazil, Bruno will be passed out, spent.
Date: August 27, 2011 03:16PM
Posted by: jbnd05
When I first saw Jenson, I thought he'd been crying. Hopefully he'll do pretty well tomorrow. Good work by Vettel and Lewis. Senna is justifying his place with that kind of performance. I find the whole legal situation crazy; if Nick gets back in, how frosty will that garage be? I think by doing this, he's also going to get a reputation for being difficult.

Date: August 27, 2011 03:29PM
Posted by: chet
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Somewhere in Brazil, Bruno will be passed out,
> spent.

LOL!

I dont suppose you have him on facebook do you? I would imagine your not too far off.

And yeah it did almost look like he'd been crying. Have to say though this weekend was looking one of his strongest and he was more often quicker than Lewis than not. The last time he was this pissed off and far back down the grid he won the title. Jenson has a habit of pulling results from such grid positions. Ill stick my bold prediction in the prediction thread and say he wont win, but he'll be on the podium.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 27, 2011 03:38PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Bruno's still posted nothing on Twitter about it, so he may well be passed out! ;)

Anyway, great work by him, but Heidfeld was always better in the races than in qualifying, so that will be the real test for Bruno.

Also, nice work by Massa. Really put his head down after early spin in Q3 and, for the second year in a row, outqualified Alonso by one second at Spa. So much for Ted Kravitz's crap about Alonso being so 'determined' to do well here. If he was going to suddenly start showing blinding form at Spa, he would have done it a bit earlier I think!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 27, 2011 03:40PM
Posted by: J i m
I should imagine that our old friend Bruno would still be utterly and deludedly convinced that Nelsinho Piquet will still be a F1 world champion one day :P

Date: August 27, 2011 04:10PM
Posted by: gav
chet
I dont suppose you have him on facebook do you? I would imagine your not too far off.

I don't know which I'm more relieved about - having no contact with Bruno or not having a Facebook account. ;)
Date: August 27, 2011 04:17PM
Posted by: EC83
Promising start from Senna so far, that was a good effort regardless of changing weather conditions. He got it right when it mattered, after some obviously wanted him to @#$%& up. Still, early days, and we'll see how he goes tomorrow. A dry race would probably actually be the biggest test for him.

Another perfectly-timed pole by Vettel, and he's looking strong for the race although a podium would obviously do him from the Championship point of view.

Date: August 27, 2011 04:31PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Hopefully the race will be less confusing than the chaos that is GP2 at the moment! ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: August 27, 2011 06:24PM
Posted by: Xero
5 place grid penalty for Maldonado... I think he's gotten off lightly! Had Lewis not been able to take part in Q3 I suspect he would have been DQ'd. Pretty poor show to retaliate like that.
Date: August 27, 2011 06:28PM
Posted by: Carlitox
J i m Wrote:
> Well. Bruno sucked so very hard, 7th and only out
> qualified Petrov 1.2 seconds.... epic fail.
> /sarcasm

Yeah mate, here I am to say I was wrong. I won't make up any excuse, Senna has officially shut me up. Let's see now if he can keep on with that pace.

BTW... Alguersuari!!!!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: August 27, 2011 06:43PM
Posted by: phantaman
sorry for heidfeld ... but he is there (in F1) for several years and never did anything that made the difference. is well known that heidfeld is a medium driver. bruno would have been better in the cockpit of renault since the start of the year, excited by the opportunity than a mediocre that will do nothing better than have done so far.

for caution in excess the renault lost the opportunity :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: August 27, 2011 07:03PM
Posted by: Slash
wow, qualy was exciting, but i expected more from Alonso... dissapointed with what happened to Jenson, he looked really strong, way stronger than Lewis, so he could've been up there.... and an unbelievable incident for Michael, these things shouldn't happen in quay sessions

i hope race tomorrow will be with mixed conditions,... i'm sure if most drivers keep cool and Jenson survives 1st lap, he should be ok to fight with the front guys...
Date: August 27, 2011 07:05PM
Xero Wrote:
> 5 place grid penalty for Maldonado... I think he's
> gotten off lightly!

I'm thinking the Stewards are taking into account that Lewis had just impeded his hot lap. Still, deserved penalty obviously, and very lenient on the face of it, considering it was flat-out road rage.

Date: August 27, 2011 08:08PM
Here's Hamilton's onboard view of the incident. It doesn't show the full story, as Hamilton had moved back towards La Source, but this is very damning for Maldonado. I don't know how he didn't at least get sent to the back of the grid, and I'd say an exclusion from the race wouldn't have been out of the question.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 27, 2011 09:29PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Outrageous penalties.

Date: August 27, 2011 11:11PM
Posted by: senninho
jbnd05 Wrote:
> Outrageous penalties.

How so?

Date: August 28, 2011 12:03AM
Posted by: FRESCO
EC83 Wrote:
> Xero Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 5 place grid penalty for Maldonado... I think
> he's
> > gotten off lightly!
>
> I'm thinking the Stewards are taking into account
> that Lewis had just impeded his hot lap. Still,
> deserved penalty obviously, and very lenient on
> the face of it, considering it was flat-out road
> rage.

Maldonado wasn't on a hot lap, he didn't make it over the line before the flag dropped.

Date: August 28, 2011 12:29AM
Posted by: chet
Did anything happen about Lewis going quickest through sector 1 during a yellow flag? That cost Jenson a grid penalty in Japan in 2009...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 28, 2011 07:41AM
chet Wrote:
> Did anything happen about Lewis going quickest
> through sector 1 during a yellow flag? That cost
> Jenson a grid penalty in Japan in 2009...

Yes, I picked that up at the time, but maybe he was slightly ahead of Sutil, I'm not sure.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 28, 2011 07:59AM
As far as I know Lewis will start 2nd with no penalty. He did get reprimanded though.

FRESCO Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> -----
> > Xero Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > 5 place grid penalty for Maldonado... I think
> > he's
> > > gotten off lightly!
> >
> > I'm thinking the Stewards are taking into
> account
> > that Lewis had just impeded his hot lap. Still,
> > deserved penalty obviously, and very lenient on
> > the face of it, considering it was flat-out
> road
> > rage.
>
> Maldonado wasn't on a hot lap, he didn't make it
> over the line before the flag dropped.

Ah, my bad then. Looks like Maldonado was just jammy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy