2011 European GP **spoilers**

Posted by RenaultFan 
Re: 2011 European GP **spoilers**
Date: June 27, 2011 02:37PM
Posted by: EC83
For a while now I've thought that a reasonably slow but tricky and deceptive corner leading onto a straight(like the last corner at the A1-Ring, but more extreme) would probably be best for creating overtaking opportunities since drivers would be more inclined to make mistakes or get out of shape in a corner like that.

But yeah, the blandness of the Tilkedromes really annoys me as well, and what concerns me is the fact that there seems to be an endless supply of them in the pipeline and no end in sight to Tilke's time as the official track designer. I think it's got to the stage where his crappy tracks are starting to do the sport serious damage.

Date: June 27, 2011 05:04PM
Posted by: chet
gav Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------->
> Finally, and I said this in Abu Dhabi last year,
> yes, slow corners leading on a straight are
> technically the best when it comes to overtaking,
> yet in practise that's seldom the way it works. In
> a corner the driver behind will always be on the
> throttle more than a car length behind - yet in a
> slow corner, the time travelled over a car length
> is greater than say a 2nd or 3rd gear corner (like
> in Istanbul).

Bingo!

The other problem is when exiting a slow corner, the car has more time accelerate and reach its top speed so the slipstream effect will not be too great. Let's say drivers could follow through quick corners without losing grip, then the old configuration for the sector 3 at Barcelona is perfect! The car's exit at high speed, would reach top speed sooner and as soon as the leading car stops accelerating the car behind has more chance to over take.

IMO, corners slightly slower than those are the best. Medium speed corners are the factor imo. That and of course they need to get rid of this f*cking rev limit!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 27, 2011 05:13PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Lewis on TV:

"It's finished really. In the sense of the title it's almost over."

Lewis on Twitter:

To all our supporters, ignore what u read in the papers today. My team will never give up & I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!! Bring on silverstone, ur support will make a world of difference to us. I'm going to the factory now to do all I can with our team. Lewis

Good plan Lewis, pretend it's the medias fault you're full of @#$%&.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 27, 2011 05:15PM
Posted by: nvooght
Its another case of someone telling Lewis later on he shouldnt have said what he said.

Date: June 27, 2011 06:31PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lewis on TV:
>
> "It's finished really. In the sense of the title
> it's almost over."
>
> Lewis on Twitter:
>
> To all our supporters, ignore what u read in the
> papers today. My team will never give up & I WILL
> NEVER GIVE UP!!!! Bring on silverstone, ur support
> will make a world of difference to us. I'm going
> to the factory now to do all I can with our team.
> Lewis
>
> Good plan Lewis, pretend it's the medias fault
> you're full of @#$%&.

Some of his tweets are pure comedy :p!

He is making Mclaren and himself look bad with all this. He really does need to think before he speaks. Or if not, then at least stand by his words rather than look like a fool.

He was right though, its not RedBull on another planet, Alonso but more so Vettel. The other teams might catch RedBull but I will not be surprised to see Vettel emulate Schumacher and finish on the podium every race providing he reliability. He's made 1 mistake all year, and he is the kind of guy who make the same mistake twice.

Date: June 27, 2011 06:34PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
He was right in his first comment, totally agree. And I like that he said how it is. However if McLaren don't want him to say it then he can't say it. My issue is that he then turns round and blames the media for it? Yeah, that'll go down well.

Vettel is similar to Schumacher in that the mistakes come in Free Practice. Vettels had quite a few offs, but only one ended seriously. It was similar to Schumacher who every so often would have quite a large accident in practice, then for the rest of the weekend he'd be fine.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 27, 2011 08:21PM
Posted by: EC83
nvooght Wrote:
> Its another case of someone telling Lewis later on
> he shouldnt have said what he said.

It's another case of Lewis showing his innate stupidity by ironically trying to be smart.

Date: June 27, 2011 09:41PM
Posted by: Morbid
It is so fascinating to watch, how the British tabloids produce copy, by building up home grown sports stars, and once the public grows tired of heroism, they produce copy by tearing them down again. It is even more fascinating to watch how the mob eats it raw and cries for more slaughter, without giving any reflection at all to this pattern. I am so grateful, that I am not a star of any kind in your country.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 27, 2011 09:56PM
Morbid Wrote:
> It is so fascinating to watch, how the British
> tabloids produce copy, by building up home grown
> sports stars, and once the public grows tired of
> heroism, they produce copy by tearing them down
> again. It is even more fascinating to watch how
> the mob eats it raw and cries for more slaughter,
> without giving any reflection at all to this
> pattern. I am so grateful, that I am not a star of
> any kind in your country.

It is pretty terrible, but thats tabloid's for you. It was no different in Germany for Schumacher, and Italy for Ferrari.

Lewis is marmite to the brits, in fact most big stars are.

Perhaps in Britain it is worst of all, but whats even worse is that these tabloids somehow make millions printing these stories. People actually buy these papers to read these things. Crazy right?! I have a part time job at a shop whilst im doing my studies, and I had an elderly lady come up to me complaining because we ran out of 'The Sun'!! I was pretty amazed!

Date: July 03, 2011 06:33PM
Posted by: Slash
Date: July 03, 2011 06:46PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
oooh, c mon, give nico and schuey fast car.... COMEEEEEOOOON
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy