Canadian GP ***Spoilers***

Posted by chet 
Re: Canadian GP ***Spoilers***
Date: June 12, 2011 11:29PM
Posted by: gav
RenaultFan
I had enough time during the break to go and get a pizza ;)

That's the first time I've taken a bath during a grand prix.

Used the phone, with the live BBC feed for video, plugged into some battery-powered speakers for extra sound, to keep up to date, then made it back before the restart. Glad I did!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2011 11:30PM by gav.
Date: June 12, 2011 11:39PM
Posted by: Frantic
epic race. great drive from button (with 6 pitstops!! has any other driver won a race with 6 stops? senna in donnington 93 made 5 i think), ms showed he is still ms, koba was awesome and made all he could have done with that sauber (what a pity massa overtook him in the last metre)... shame for heidfeld, he was so unlucky with his front wing.

Date: June 12, 2011 11:39PM
Posted by: flat tyre
God, what an incredible day. I don't need to say anything about the race, that was incredible. I will say this, though - gutted Schumacher didn't get a podium, and well deserved for Button.

EDIT: I don't think what else I said was relevant ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2011 11:48PM by flat tyre.
Date: June 12, 2011 11:42PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I had enough time during the break to go and get
> a pizza ;)
>
>
> That's the first time I've taken a bath during a
> grand prix.
>
> Used the phone, with the live BBC feed for video,
> plugged into some battery-powered speakers for
> extra sound, to keep up to date, then made it back
> before the restart. Glad I did!

Im glad I also got some dinner , first time I have done a run to get a pizza during the race, ate too much though,lol. But not enough beer to wind up like that marshall,lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2011 11:43PM by RenaultFan.
Date: June 12, 2011 11:47PM
Posted by: Vader
The result is good to keep the championship open. However, without all these SF cars Vettel would have been gone and away (again).

This might have been the first time in my life I wanted MS to get a podium. Not that I mind MW or JB up there. I watch the races out of interest these days without liking or disliking a particular driver or team.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 12, 2011 11:52PM
Posted by: Alesi no1
Gutted for MS..really hoped he would get a podium the day after that epic drive..Hopefully thats him back on his past form now though:)...
Date: June 13, 2011 12:07AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Vader Wrote:
> I watch the races out of interest
> these days without liking or disliking a
> particular driver or team.

Yeah, that's me too.

Epic, epic race. Waaaaaaay too many investigations though, it was wet ffs sake, things are gonna happen. What happened to di Resta??

Best race I've seen for ages, but DRS robbed MSC of a podium, although on the other hand it also gave Button a win instead of Vettel. I think we should just have KERS, dunno.

Great race though.
Date: June 13, 2011 12:09AM
Posted by: Morbid
Man that was a great bore... until the restart. Wow! Can't ever remembering actually wanting MS to do so well ever before. Those drying conditions really worked as a great leveller of equipment. Speed was harnessed from skill and experience, and Michael was awesome. Now, I really do think, that if he had the machinery, he could get another title.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 13, 2011 12:10AM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
Well hopefully nothing will come out of these investigations. It would spoil an amazing result.

Button needs a season full of wet/dry races. The first half of 93 would have suited him nicely!
Date: June 13, 2011 12:10AM
Posted by: matt3454
Yeah, either get rid of DRS or make the activation zone ALOT smaller. The way Webber just zoomed up on schumacher was stupid when webber missed the chicane. It should be just to aid the driver when they are literally under their gearbox.

Di Resta's penalty was a bit silly as well, it wasn't that much of a collision and i don't think it affected the renault he hit at all.

Date: June 13, 2011 12:22AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
The penalties are annoying me actually. Surely drivers who lose their front wings against the back of other cars - like both Force Indias today - are already serving a penalty by having to change their wing? Penalties should only be given out where race-ending incidents require a sanction to be taken against a certain driver, or if there was clearly an accident resulting from a driver who was being reckless.

F1 has survived quite happily for years without all these silly investigations, can you imagine if drivers like Jean Alesi were driving today? They would get the book thrown at them at every single Grand Prix.

On another note, do you know how many fastest laps Vettel has had this year?? None. Strange? His race pace has not been that scintillating, but it has been very consistent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 12:27AM by loque.
Date: June 13, 2011 12:30AM
loque Wrote:
> F1 has survived quite happily for years without
> all these silly investigations, can you imagine if
> drivers like Jean Alesi were driving today? They
> would get the book thrown at them at every single
> Grand Prix.

Certainly reminds me of the way Hamilton is being treated atm. And if anyone thinks that Hamilton should be penalized for actions at this or the previous GP, then surely Button needs a 20 second penalty for punting Alonso out of the race.

Date: June 13, 2011 12:32AM
Posted by: marcl
Was a great last 10 laps great win by Button and nice that he said sorry about the lewis crash as most people seem to just blame lewis for it.

Should button get a penalty for alonso? well if Paul got one then yes button should as he actually put alonso out the race. Will he get one I dont think so. That move was no different to what Lewis done in Monaco to the williams car.

Looks like the gamble Mclaren made on setup worked out in the end.

Drivers will soon be scared to try and pass unless they can sail past in the DRS zone.
Date: June 13, 2011 12:32AM
Posted by: nvooght
Feel sorry for Di Resta having that penalty, don't see any point in penalising someone when they make a tiny error that costs them big time but doesnt effect anyone else, (didnt damage the renault)

Great drive from Button albeit lucky with some of the safety cars stopping Vettel from having a big lead over him for his various incidents in the early part of the race etc.

Really wanted Schumi to get on the podium today, such a shame that the DRS zone was a bit like Tukey, also not a fan of having the zone twice.

Dunno why they constantly kept the safety car out for so long after each time it rained, seeing as everyone was basicly going for inters after it came in....

Date: June 13, 2011 12:34AM
marcl Wrote:
> Drivers will soon be scared to try and pass unless
> they can sail past in the DRS zone.

True...

Date: June 13, 2011 12:40AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Well there are certain things i disagree on, but maybe thats just me

Di resta getting a penalty? i agree not much point, he had lost out by losing his front wing anyway, and Heidfeld/Petrov was fine.

Button getting a penalty? No, that incident wasn't really anything the maldonado incident or the di resta incident. In both of the latter, the offending car came from way back and tried to shove it up the inside, resulting in collision, whereas button was clearly ahead of alonso coming into turn 3 (?), just alonso tried to outbreak and go round the outside of button, found he had no room and had to turn in. Sorry but from what i saw, i don't think thats the same at all, but thats just me.

And well for the first time ever i wanted schumi to do well, he deserved it for that race, more than others. And kobayashi deserved 6th place, but i guessed DRS stole it from them both...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 12:41AM by truecrysis.
Date: June 13, 2011 12:43AM
Posted by: marcl
Button was not ahead at all it was the same as last year with MS and Kubica and most people blamed Kubica.

Alonso has the racing line and Button touched his rear wheel. Alonso sees it that way to and is shocked Button was not given a drive through in the race as there was time.

I dont think there will be a penalty anyway.

I am sure if that had been Lewis people would be screaming for a penalty.
Date: June 13, 2011 12:47AM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
If they see Button as guilty, could they penalise him for the next race instead of adding on a penalty for this race?

I forget the rules on how and when they give the different kinds of penalties.
Date: June 13, 2011 12:49AM
Posted by: Vader
Morbid Wrote:
> loque Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > F1 has survived quite happily for years without
> > all these silly investigations, can you imagine
> if
> > drivers like Jean Alesi were driving today?
> They
> > would get the book thrown at them at every
> single
> > Grand Prix.
>
> Certainly reminds me of the way Hamilton is being
> treated atm.
>

It's like in football (not that I'm an expert though) - sometimes it kills a game if the referee is too tolerant. But then again a strict referee can also kill a game. The FIA should show some better instinct in these cases. Hamilton. however, asked for it - kinda. In some races he been acting so clumsy you'd think he would trip over a cordless phone.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 13, 2011 01:27AM
Posted by: chet
That was..special. Right now, for me that win means as much as his whole wdc! That meant a lot to me! More tomorrow when I'm at my computer though! Button was class. That win > all his, and damon hills wins, jv's wins, and juan pablos poles, combined!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy