Malaysian GP *SPOILERS*

Posted by matt3454 
Re: Malaysian GP *SPOILERS*
Date: April 12, 2011 01:43PM
Posted by: marcl
You mean like MS used to do :) lol.

Lewis did not move at all have a look at the track there its not straight btw it bends to the right. Alonso got to close and could not steer out of it.

He did not complain at all so saw nothing wrong with the fight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 02:22PM by marcl.
Date: April 12, 2011 02:36PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
....or just got tired of complaining :p
Date: April 12, 2011 02:40PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lewis did not move at all have a look at the track
> there its not straight btw it bends to the right.

Please view the accident again and you might change your mind

Why does Hamilton end up almost in the middle of the track if he didn't move?

EDIT: I'm not saying it was Hamilton's fault, just that it was less of Alonso's fault than I originally thought.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 02:53PM by SchueyFan.
Date: April 12, 2011 03:06PM
He is allowed to do that though, I do see what you mean though he does not keep way over on the line he would have been on. Its sort of just a move to block but alonso should have been more ready for it, he did not dart or anything like that and tbh was always going to move to block him.

Again others were doing this in the race and did not get hit up the back.

The main problem was Lewis had no grip so alonso closed in faster than normal, I expect this many times this year tbh with one car pulling away a lot faster than the car in front.

Alonso should have noticed and pulled out much much earlier.

I still dont think a penalty should have been given to alonso for that, its a racing accident and how many drivers have done that in the past.

Maybe the race stewards have forgot what racing is :)
Date: April 12, 2011 03:37PM
Posted by: The Lopper
...and again, to echo a point made earlier, Alonso effectively punished himself for the move, and the incident did not really seem to affect Hamilton, so penalising him was unnecessary in this case anyway.
Date: April 12, 2011 03:47PM
Alonso did moan about Lewis it turns out.

The is what Brundle has said "We did not hear about Hamilton's potential penalty during the race because the issue was only raised by Alonso and Ferrari afterwards."

So there you go Alonso did have a problem with it, it now looks more like they gave them both the same penalty knowing it would only effect one of them lol.

But as Brundle also said Lewis done nothing more than Massa done in Australia and Vettel done at the start of the race. But whatever its done now.

I can see why Alonso would not be happy though, if Lewis had not moved then he would have passed him and not hit him a lap later.

Also turns out Lewis slow stop was his own fault, he stopped short of his marks. Tbh though that would not have made much difference in the result. But he had one less set of soft tyres as he wrecked a set in quali.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 03:56PM by marcl.
Date: April 12, 2011 04:04PM
Posted by: RAC5
Both penalties were BS.
Alonso got one for messing up his own race and Hamilton did worse last year and only got a warning.
Unless the warning carried over to this year and because he did something similar got penalised for it.

Interesting fact: Vettel is the first driver to win a race while leading the championship since mid 2009.
Date: April 12, 2011 04:25PM
Posted by: LeeBeau
I fail to understand why penalties were given there, racing?

Petrov showing signs of retiring (unwillingly) for rally. Delighted for Heidfeld and Renault, with a measure of luck but well deserved after that start (MSC with a great start as usual also).

So howcome it's only now that Ferrari are saying they'll try to introduce a similar front wing to the Red Bulls in Turkey, when they had time all last season to look into that bending stuff; & and wth are all the other 'top' teams thinking, still expecting FIA to declare them illegal??
Date: April 12, 2011 08:22PM
Posted by: chet
Got to say, its about time Vettel has had some reliability and luck for the first part of the season. Its just a shame it happens that he's got a good car too :p!

I cant see anyone else winning at China, or Turkey atm. Vettel has had a fairly relaxed start to the season whilst all the other drivers have had all the excitement and action!! Hopefully Vettel gets bored of seeing it all in his mirrors and decides to come play sometime soon :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 12, 2011 08:39PM
Posted by: vesuvius
LeeBeau Wrote:
> I fail to understand why penalties were given
> there, racing?
>
> Petrov showing signs of retiring (unwillingly) for
> rally. Delighted for Heidfeld and Renault, with a
> measure of luck but well deserved after that start
> (MSC with a great start as usual also).
>
> So howcome it's only now that Ferrari are saying
> they'll try to introduce a similar front wing to
> the Red Bulls in Turkey, when they had time all
> last season to look into that bending stuff; & and
> wth are all the other 'top' teams thinking, still
> expecting FIA to declare them illegal??

Ferrari used the front wing thing last year and was also accused about it :) problem is others don't get it to work like red bull because they are not good enough : D
Date: April 12, 2011 08:39PM
i have to say. watching how things develop (vettel very fast, and his car also) the only way he can be stopped is if there is some one who drives not with a whole load of speed and on the ragged edge (hamilton, massa, alonso maybe) but from a tactical driver, who is also a fast one. thats got to be JB....and webber maybe.
Date: April 12, 2011 08:51PM
Posted by: chet
Jenson has had two good races pace wise. But qualifying is still an issue. Whilst RBR have a better car he will not out qualifying either of them. Then theres his biggest stumbling block. Possibly F1's quickest guy over 1 lap (along with Vettel :p).

If Button can qualify on pole, I have no doubts he will win from there. And thats what he needs wins!

Thing is, this is still F1, and IMO ultimate pace will always triumph, and that is what Button lacks to Lewis, Vettel and Alonso.

We'll see. Its far too early to judge which drivers will be the force at the end and who wont. I will wait till 3/4 more races till I decide whether Button has what it takes. One things for sure, its great to see him on Hamiltons pace from the go.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 12, 2011 09:24PM
Posted by: gav
marcl
Alonso did moan about Lewis it turns out.

The is what Brundle has said "We did not hear about Hamilton's potential penalty during the race because the issue was only raised by Alonso and Ferrari afterwards."

As I've already said, Hamilton didn't receive a penalty for that incident, he received a penalty for an offence two minutes prior to the contact - namely him weaving on the start/finish straight.
Date: April 13, 2011 05:14PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Petrov also moved badly on Schumacher at one point into Turn 1, causing Schumacher to lock up to avoid him.

I suppose Schumacher would have to have some gall to go to the stewards and question Petrov's dirty driving.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 14, 2011 10:42AM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
Button is off to a good start, but is continuing his 2010 form rather than improving it. Which isn't bad and will bring him and the team some handy points. But he'll want (and needs) more than that.

I'm impressed with Paul Di Resta so far. A sensible start to his career and ahead of Sutil too. I haven't noticed Di Resta make any significant mistakes. Something will go wrong for him at some point so we'll see how he handles that.

Did you see the story about a piece of debris actually damaging and entering the cockpit of Perez's car in Malaysia? A bit of a worry......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 10:43AM by Gord_on_wheels.
Date: April 14, 2011 11:34AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
di Resta is having to sit out all of the FP1s as well. Force Indias reasoning was "He tested in all FP1s last year, so doesn't need them". Yeah but so did Sutil, and he got FP2, FP3, Quaifying and Race. So surely he needs them even less?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 14, 2011 11:54AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
DaveEllis Wrote:
> di Resta is having to sit out all of the FP1s as
> well. Force Indias reasoning was "He tested in all
> FP1s last year, so doesn't need them". Yeah but so
> did Sutil, and he got FP2, FP3, Quaifying and
> Race. So surely he needs them even less?

Exactly. However, di Resta easily outqualified Sutil in Malaysia, so maybe Sutil needs them more :P

Team Lotus are replacing both drivers for FP1 in China, as they're running both Razia and Valsecchi.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: April 14, 2011 12:00PM
Lewis has said he was warned last year and that followed through to this year, he got the penalty as he had been warned before.

Paul has done well this year, I hope it carries on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 12:11PM by marcl.
Date: April 14, 2011 03:36PM
Posted by: Slash
Gord_on_wheels Wrote:
> Button is off to a good start, but is continuing
> his 2010 form rather than improving it. Which
> isn't bad and will bring him and the team some
> handy points. But he'll want (and needs) more than
> that.

i don't know, i think he's a bit more solid this year, there where times in Oz where he was faster than Lewis in race trim.. and he looked pretty solid in Malaysia, keeping contact with his teammate, who atm is the only benchmark he can aim as Vettel seems to be ahead of everybody else by far

he just needs to sort out his qualy laps but i have a feeling that battle is going to be interesting troughout the year... i want to see by June who is where..
Date: April 14, 2011 06:57PM
i think jenson isnt fast in qualy because he makes his setup more about the race, than the qualy. like prost used to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy