Malaysian GP *SPOILERS*

Posted by matt3454 
Re: Malaysian GP *SPOILERS*
Date: April 10, 2011 11:43AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah, this is epic. The Pirellis, DRS and KERS all adding to the excitement I feel!
Date: April 10, 2011 11:51AM
Posted by: Slash
great podium!
Date: April 10, 2011 11:51AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
YES HEIDFELD!

Very enjoyable race I feel.

EDIT - I lost track of who was where...because I have a hangover.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2011 11:53AM by Incident 2k9.
Date: April 10, 2011 11:54AM
Posted by: superchargednut
Superb race, and i'm loving DC's commentary input and how Martin's bouncing off him unlike he did with Legard.

Date: April 10, 2011 11:55AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Great drives by Top 5, and great race all around!

Poor from Ferrari, without multiple slow pitstops, they could have been higher, and Alonso wouldn't have needed to pass Hamilton.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 10, 2011 11:55AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Ahh didn't get to see this race as I'm on an exchange in France, gutted :(. Next best alternative was the official f1 app on my iPhone with the track map but it's just not the same, this race seemed amazing! Great start by heidfeld and poor by webber... I was kinda watching the back guys again because I want them to be closing. Hispania, well the raced so that's a start... Virgin looked their usual selves... Lotus I was impressed with, kovaleinen seemed to be matching alguesuari and was only lapped once. On the smaller tracks like Monaco, they could be in the mix a bit! Can't wait to get back to England and hopefully watch the race recording

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: April 10, 2011 12:35PM
Posted by: gav
truecrysis
Great start by heidfeld and poor by webber

Cracking start by the Renaults (and Schumacher actually), but Webber couldn't do much. It wasn't a great start, but looking from Alonso's car, it mainly just KERS. He was battling with Kobayashi at turn 1 already. Unlike Valencia, where it was all Webber's fault, this time he was powerless.

Cracking recovery drive from him though. 4 stops, no KERS (while carrying all the penalty of having KERS) and obviously difficult for him to overtake, but it was still challenging for a podium. That's the sort of race where Webber normally falls apart, but he did well there.

Excellent races from Heidfeld, Button and Vettel. Kobayashi was fun as always.
Date: April 10, 2011 12:36PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Go Heidfeld indeed, delighted for the man!

Someone said the last race was interesting, rather than tremendously exciting, and that was my impression of this one as well. Button looked happy out at the end of the race and he can be, I'd say he knows he can handle these degrading tyres better than anyone else, even when they were at the stage where they should have been going off, his attitude was "What's the point in driving if you don't push, even if you can't catch the leader."

Petrov's steering column breaking was a bit shocking, lucky he had acres of space when he launched the car like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2011 02:01PM by The Lopper.
Date: April 10, 2011 12:42PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
WTF !!! how many times did a sauber overtake schumacher today? ?!?!?!? is this a joke ? i have the feeling this team is still driving with the last years pathetic car. it must be really depressing for shcumacher, (and nico as well). i mean, they have the 2 most experienced guys in f1 (branw + haug, +fray eventually), they have schumacher who is still... schumacher and blindingly fast rosberg (when he has at least normally fast car under his belt). but i feel in the hands of massa, heidfeld,petrov etc. this car is going to struggle to even make it into the top 15. freaking dissapointingly, for me at least, and for rosberg (judging at his reactio nafter qualy yesterday), and for schumacher, (watching his interview after the race today.)
Date: April 10, 2011 12:42PM
Posted by: gav
The Lopper
Button looked happy out at the end of the race and he can be, I'd say he knows he can handle these degrading tyres better than anyone else, even when they were at the stage where they should have been going off, his attitude was "What's the point in driving if you don't push, even if you can't catch the leader."

I don't think it had anything to do with tyres. I don't know what Hamilton's issues were, but it wasn't his driving style causing the tyres to die. He wasn't quick straight out of the pits after his third stop - Webber, already on old rubber, was all over him.
Date: April 10, 2011 01:03PM
Posted by: chet
Lewis handled the options fine, I think it was maybe more to do with setup with the primes.

Jenson mentioned he was cranking up the FW each stop. Maybe Lewis wasnt, and maybe that cost him?

The idea of Lewis destroying his tyres is IMO false.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 10, 2011 01:07PM
It just doesn't make sense on paper that Lewis ran out of option tyres, and Ferrari didn't, when McLaren used one less set in qualifying. Although having said that, I don't know if Ferrari's last set of options was really in good shape.

gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cracking start by the Renaults (and Schumacher
> actually)

I must say Massa as well - he consistently is among the best starters in the field.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 10, 2011 01:57PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Vettel already with a win in hand :-o surely he'll win this title by Italy or Singapore at that rate :s
Date: April 10, 2011 02:25PM
Posted by: Diax F1
Breaking news: Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso given 20-second penalties following Malaysian GP collision

Hamilton penalised for making more than one move to defend position. Alonso's pen for contact with Hamilton.

Date: April 10, 2011 02:33PM
Fair enough. To avoid repeats of Webber/Kovalainen at Valencia, I think it is good that the FIA are making a stand. On the other hand, many other drivers were weaving (such as Petrov ahead of Massa) and went unpenalised.

Also, it only drops Hamilton one position, and leaves Alonso in the same place, so it was a relatively 'cheap' way for the FIA to make their point.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 10, 2011 02:35PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Unbelievable decision for the stewards!

Even as an Alonso fan, I can't see that Hamilton did anything wrong.

And if the stewards have decided that Hamilton's moves were illegal, then how can they punish Alonso for hitting him?

Aside from that, an absolutely brilliant race, KERS, DRS and Pirelli all coming together perfectly to create a great spectacle. Every driver player their part too, and it was hard to find fault with anyone today.

Date: April 10, 2011 02:38PM
Posted by: Nickv
Overreaction, in both instances. I can't recall Hamilton making two moves and Alonso simply made a judgemental error, which can happen to anybody.

EDIT: Same goes for the stop-and-go penalty Buemi recieved. Drivers have always been handed a drive through penalty for speeding in the pit lane and that has always sufficed and would have now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2011 02:40PM by Nickv.
Date: April 10, 2011 02:45PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
surely a bad precedent being set. is any bit of contact gonna result in 20s added to the time every race?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 10, 2011 02:46PM
Posted by: chet
Good point Nick. When I saw 10second stop and go, I thought we'd been thrown back 10 years! I cant remember the last stop and go!

But yeah, penalties were harsh. Alonso, Lewis touching was a racing incident, a mistake by Alonso. As for Lewis weaving, well it was no worse than Petrov last year, and he got nothing. There was no weaving in the braking zone, just to try and break the tow...

Who was the driver steward this race?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 10, 2011 02:47PM
Posted by: Nickv
Emmanuele Pirro.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy