The Official 2011 Australian GP Thread ****Spoilers!!****

Posted by mcdo 
Collin Kolles leads this. What did you expect?
i thought HRT always said they would start the season with a modified version of last years car?
They are obviously limited on parts, hence 1 car running.

Why send out the car with the new nose and wing in drizzle for an installation lap? They will use the new one tomorrow I suspect. But as mentioned the chassis is the same (or partly) so i guess bolting the old nose wasnt an an issue.

edit - i havent read their report (or the previous pages :p).

front wings havent been completed? crazy! this is the 2nd race of the year right?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 07:50PM by chet.
Kolles says the car is 95% new. Does the chassis, front suspension and front section only come to 5%?

Maybe their new parts stuck in Spanish Airport...

What a mess team, I hope they will get a DSQ.. Bring back Super Aguri! Or let EPSILION to buy them, they might do a better work then them!
The new front wing hasn't even been crash tested yet.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
i really doubt they qualify for the race

If Red Bull are sandbagging as much as we're thinking (and I'm thinking they're going to out-qualify the rest of the field by around half a second) then Virgin are going to struggle to qualify.

HRT haven't got a hope in hell. Given that it's apparently taken the entire team some 3 weeks to clear some dampers at customs and finish the first car, it's quite unlikely they'll be able to build up the second car in a day. ;)

They're like Forti Corse, only as prepared as they are slow. At least Forti improved their car in the second season (before folding).
[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

Maybe not ideal representation but its enough to show how close everyone is IMO....
Except RedBull ;)!

It looks like they have a gap bigger than ever before. Its funny, I remember people saying once the regs had some basic stability they would be caught and beaten by Ferrari and Mclaren. I know there hasnt been a 2011 race yet but even now such thinking deserves a LOL. RBR are a serious team. Ferrari and Mclaren are historically awesome but f*ck history, it means nothing for performance of here and now. And here and now RedBull are making everyone look silly. Even without Newey this team is the real-deal. Lewis is quite simply a fool for discounting a future with them based on historical relevance. Im sure had he wanted Webber's seat in 2012, Horner would have bent over backwards to make sure he had F1's quickest driver lineup of Lewis and Vettel.

Even more LOL @ HRT. Yet again I ask, how was this team chosen over Prodrive or Lola? As soon as Kolles got hold of it Bernie should have outright said no to letting them race. I would rather see them not qualify, and not turn up to another F1 race ever again frankly.

But yeah, maybe my comments are premature about RedBull, but all I see on Sunday is a less than exciting race with Vettel doing what he does best, winning from pole. At least the race for the rest of the points should be pretty good :)! I hope Alonso can give the RBR's a good run but tbh I see Alonso having a lonely race leaving Massa to fight Nico,Lewis, Schumacher, and Rubens (i hope!).

I genuinely see F2002/F2004 performance coming from Vettel and RBR. I just hope im wrong! And I am most of the time ;)!

All of us bash HRT (basically Kolles)... imagine how it must be to be one of the mechanics there? You get no rest, you're always working long hours, you have little time to do anything, AND you have the extra stress from working for HRT, meaning no job security + public bashing.

Kolles deserves all the garbage he gets, those mechanics are heroes for getting that car out for that installation lap.

PS: I am curious to see how Felipe and Michael perform in qualifying as they were very likely the drivers most affected by 2010's tires. The pressure is on for Felipe to push Alonso back, and for Schumacher not to be used by Nico as an argument to why he needs to be in a top 3 team.
You get no rest, you're always working long hours, you have little time to do anything, AND you have the extra stress from working for HRT, meaning no job security + public bashing.

The cars didn't have the parts to be fitted. During FP1 they were literally standing about pretending to look busy. Similarly on the off season, they've done the least work of any team by taking a 2010 chassis and bolting some premade parts to it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Red Bull are sandbagging as much as we're
> thinking (and I'm thinking they're going to
> out-qualify the rest of the field by around half a
> second) then Virgin are going to struggle to
> qualify.
>
> HRT haven't got a hope in hell. Given that it's
> apparently taken the entire team some 3 weeks to
> clear some dampers at customs and finish the first
> car, it's quite unlikely they'll be able to build
> up the second car in a day. ;)

I think its only the best Q1 time they have to be within 107% of, given that last year the top teams didnt want to waste tires etc in that part of qualy this should make it easier for Virgin and HRT to get within that time.

> gav Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If Red Bull are sandbagging as much as we're
> > thinking (and I'm thinking they're going to
> > out-qualify the rest of the field by around half
> a
> > second) then Virgin are going to struggle to
> > qualify.
> >
> > HRT haven't got a hope in hell. Given that it's
> > apparently taken the entire team some 3 weeks
> to
> > clear some dampers at customs and finish the
> first
> > car, it's quite unlikely they'll be able to
> build
> > up the second car in a day. ;)
>
> I think its only the best Q1 time they have to be
> within 107% of, given that last year the top teams
> didnt want to waste tires etc in that part of
> qualy this should make it easier for Virgin and
> HRT to get within that time

that makes sense...

tbh i would love to work for them, even if there's no action, you would still be in the F1 paddock :o , and have some acces any regular mortal christian fan wouldn't have :p
natalie sounds like a dumb blonde.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
oh what a surprise! the Hispania failed!

The FP sessions seem not to be telling us a lot in terms of what the ultimate pace is - every session there seems to be a completely different order and no real pattern showing yet(Except that RedBull are likely to be easily fastest - but that's a given just now). Awesome :)

The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi guys. :P

*HUG* :D

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 04:34AM by EC83.
Race done.

Interestingly Buttons best lap was on one of the latter laps of his stint... Mclaren closer than I thought. Renault up there too with Petrov and STR finally showing some pace :)!

Apart from RBR, I still think everyone is pretty close, take RBR away and this season should be awesome :p! But yeah, wow@RBR.

edit - F1 live timing not working.

Still 10mins in and i love DC and Brundle! I thought DC would be pretty awful but I like it. I dont have to listen, theres no whiney man but if i want to listen its quite interesting (if that makes sense?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 07:13AM by chet.
HRT were just a joke

I'm surprised that Lotus were so off the pace

And shocked at Heidfeld going out

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
The RedBull isnt quick.

Vettel is just superman!!!

That is kimi at his best quick! Thats Schumacher at his best quick! wow. No doubt one of the best laps ive ever seen, and no doubt one of many more to come from this kid!

edit - Petrov pwns Nick :D!

Forza Kobayashi :D!

And thank god Lewis is on the front row otherwise this would have been a terrible race!

edit - wow for Hamiltons lap without KERS. Two good laps from the two quickest drivers.

edit again - Alonso will be pissed Petrov is so close :p

edit AGAIN :p - Sorry to whitmarsh for blasting his 1 second a lap improvement :p. Maybe he was right. Should mention good lap for Paul Di Resta :)! Looking forward to tomorrow, I just hope Lewis gets passed Vettel, if he does we will have a classic on our hands :p

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 08:29AM by chet.
I know the car is awesome, but that was two mind blowing laps. That was properly dominating an important session. I know it's potentially bad for racing at the front, but dear god that was stunning to watch.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy