The 2011 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: January 05, 2011 04:18PM
Posted by: JackHammer
McLaren have just tweeted this
Black livery? Er, no: the same Rocket Red & chrome finish that you've grown to love since Vodafone McLaren Mercedes was born in 2007...

Shame, black and red would have been lovely

Date: January 05, 2011 04:19PM
Posted by: Frantic
As mercedes only remains as a engine provider there are rumours that McLaren wants to change their livery to not be confused with the Mercedes GP cars and for giving "fresh air" to the team. Here is a link but its in spanish.

I think the car would look moreless like that picture Dan posted, although i would go back to the start and use orange, like they used in some test in 2005/6

edit: didnt see JackHammer´s post ;)

anyway, i want the orange

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2011 07:17PM by Frantic.
Date: January 06, 2011 06:20PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Can this get any more surprising?

[en.espnf1.com]

Seriously? I know he brings money and all, but he was rinsed by Monteiro at Jordan.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 06, 2011 06:30PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yeah. I like Narain but he's gonna be SLOW.
Date: January 06, 2011 06:37PM
Posted by: Gigi4

Kolles said he is confident Karthikeyan still has the pace to compete at the top level, after spending the 2009 season racing for his team in the Le Mans Series.

Ok, he maybe has the pace to compete, but does HRT really have it?

Date: January 06, 2011 07:14PM
Well it's apparently a Geoff Willis design, so it's a possibility.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: January 06, 2011 08:44PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
What are they paying him with? Pesetas??
Date: January 07, 2011 02:59AM
Posted by: prunn
HRT should race in lemon colors next year, as its just became the biggest lemon of formula 1
no toyota factory and Karthikeyan, they might consider borrowing a gp2 car to keep the pace ;)

PЯuИNИ

[prunn.wordpress.com]
Date: January 07, 2011 02:38PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Apparently Narain could've raced for HRT in 2010, but didn't want to race with an "unproven" team!

[en.espnf1.com]

I think HRT might get quite a few Sundays off in 2011.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 07, 2011 03:22PM
Posted by: chet
Despite how much of a mess the team have been, they did make it to every race in 2011, and they have apparently got a car coming for '11 and will make it to at least one test with the new car...

Thing is, Narain self confessed (pretty much) he will be bringing sponsorship money, and that the deal owes alot to that. So if Tata are involved then im pretty sure HRT have every chance to make it, as much as they did last year.

My personal hope is that they buy the team and sort it out for the future.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 07, 2011 06:22PM
Posted by: alexf1man
lol about the 107% rule. If HRT don't field Klien then they're stupid because he was clearly the best last year (no offense but he beat Senna fair and square and is more experienced)
Date: January 07, 2011 10:23PM
Posted by: shep34
Oh no! What will NASCAR do without Narain there? You know he won the Most Popular Driver Award in their Camping World Truck Series, after running just 7 races in the season!!!! LOL
Narain winning that award is clear proof that the Indian public, despite living in squalor, filth, poverty etc, can clearly use the internet to support their sportsmen. Either that, or Narain has a very tired finger from voting for himself a few million times!

As for him being back in F1, yep - money for HRT and seat time for Narain. Other than that, a wasted place on the starting grid.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: January 08, 2011 08:50AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Well there is a suggestion (mainly from Joe Saward) that Liuzzi might end up at HRT, paid for by Force India, to avoid paying him more damages.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 08, 2011 12:03PM
Posted by: Gigi4
Date: January 08, 2011 01:28PM
The best thing Senna can do for 2011 is pick up a test seat. But then again, neither Toro Rosso driver is confirmed, and as I mentioned before, there's takeover rumours.

Who knows, eh?

Date: January 08, 2011 11:05PM
Posted by: EC83
Good to see Narain getting another chance in F1. I always felt he was underrated.

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously? I know he brings money and all, but he
> was rinsed by Monteiro at Jordan.

Actually it wasn't quite as straightforward as that. People tend to forget that he was quicker than Monteiro during the early part of the 2005 season. Just because Monteiro scored more points and finished more races than Narain doesn't necessarily mean he whooped the guy.
I agree that it doesn't look great for his CV that he was getting beat at times by an incident-prone moron like Monteiro, but it doesn't make him a write-off. Let's see how he goes.

Monteiro getting another shot at F1... Now that would be puzzling.

Date: January 09, 2011 12:54AM
Posted by: chet
Narain was very Sato like but even more erratic. If he's calmed down then he would be pretty quick imo.

Difference was Tiago improved throughout the season, Narain didnt seem too. Hopefully he has rounded some of his rough edges. I still remember his Aus qualifying effort in the wet!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 09, 2011 10:43PM
Posted by: danm
hold up, the accident prone monteiro broke the record for most finishes in a season... 18 out of 19 is pretty immense in not just a crap car, but amongst accident prone backmarkers in a rookie f1 year!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 10, 2011 03:50AM
Posted by: EC83
His finishing record in 2005, which looks good on paper, reflects more on what a tank the 2005 Jordan was than on Monteiro as a driver TBH. He did have a solid-looking season but his finishing record benefited from being in an F1 era - the mid-2000s - when cars had been made much tougher and more able to withstand collisions than previous generations of F1 cars were. In any earlier era he would've had additional non-finishes due to accident damage. To pick up on what Chet said - his pace did improve over the season, but his racecraft(or lack of) didn't.
He was basically another Alliot or de Cesaris - he just drove in F1 at a time when you could crash into other cars without it ruining/finishing your race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 03:51AM by EC83.
Date: January 10, 2011 08:11PM
In other news (wow, I feel like a newsreader now...), Hispania pulled out of Fota, saying that the organisation favours the top teams. They have a point, especially with all the 'Red Bull breaking cost agreements' stories floating everywhere.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy