Going to Belgian GP

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: Going to Belgian GP
Date: January 19, 2011 04:42PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think I'm all set for Gold 3, then :P. Gotta see with dad if we'll take my stepmom and girlfriend along or if we'll make them go walk somewhere else in Belgium by themselves for a few hours and save almost a thousand Euros ;).
Date: May 25, 2011 10:07PM
Question:

Has anyone purchased tickets from here?

[www.spa-tickets.be]

It looks to be an official seller but it isn't the same as the F1 website, I think.
Date: May 27, 2011 02:57PM
Posted by: marwood82
don't know,

but this is the official spa circuit ticket office.

[www.spagrandprix.com]

(i've bought from here before)
Date: May 30, 2011 12:14AM
Cheers. It seems to me that both that site and the one I was looking at were track-related pages as they had the same prices, unlike the site you get from the F1 page itself where tickets were a few dozen Euros more expensive!
Date: June 01, 2011 09:28PM
Posted by: Karan
Enjoy the event Gui :) I was at Spa in 2010 and it was my best GP experience yet. Make sure to visit the circuit on Thursday for the pitlane walkabout. I managed to stand outside the Mercedes garage and get an autograph from Rosberg and Schumacher. That might've been my favorite part of the weekend. I was seated in the main grandstand on the front straight. Probably not the best view but I made my plans pretty last minute. The food at the circuit is great! Loved the hotdogs :)

Date: June 01, 2011 10:44PM
Karan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Enjoy the event Gui :) I was at Spa in 2010 and it
> was my best GP experience yet. Make sure to visit
> the circuit on Thursday for the pitlane walkabout.
> I managed to stand outside the Mercedes garage and
> get an autograph from Rosberg and Schumacher. That
> might've been my favorite part of the weekend. I
> was seated in the main grandstand on the front
> straight. Probably not the best view but I made my
> plans pretty last minute. The food at the circuit
> is great! Loved the hotdogs :)

I wish I could, I arrive the day before in Brussels! We drive early morning to the track (currently our plan), then as soon as it is over we head to Germany.
Date: June 06, 2011 11:55AM
Posted by: marwood82
Karan Wrote:
> The food at the circuit
> is great! Loved the hotdogs :)

and the waffles, don't forget the waffles! :-)
Date: August 24, 2011 08:37AM
The time is almost upon us! I leave Friday, arrive Saturday and go to the race on Sunday :D !

2:20 is a bit that can't be missed.
Date: August 24, 2011 04:48PM
Posted by: matt3454
Im going as well, booked it last minute but it will be my first grand prix! :D

Got general admission tickets so got to hunt for a good view unfortunatley, which also means getting there for 7am apparantly on the sunday.

Anyone got any tips on what to take/expect?

Currently got earplugs and poncho's lol. Im guessing you're allowed to take your own food and drink in?

Date: August 24, 2011 05:41PM
Posted by: danm
Take lots of food mate! Saves queuing and trekking forever and only finding greasy burgers and old soggy chips and mayo. And something for your bum because you literally will stand in the cold/rain all day and that would suck.

Might be worth getting a walking stick/pole if you want to use the banks to sit/stand on. Invaluable, if its wet too.

Binoculars? A hat! Gloves! [/mum mode]

Go and sit by the top of eau rouge, about 50m into the straight after. Top spot, as you can see all down to the first corner, right up to half the straight.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 05:43PM by danm.
Date: August 24, 2011 05:53PM
Posted by: LeeBeau
danm Wrote:
> Take lots of food mate! Saves queuing and trekking
> forever and only finding greasy burgers and old
> soggy chips and mayo. And something for your bum
> because you literally will stand in the cold/rain
> all day and that would suck.
>
> Might be worth getting a walking stick/pole if you
> want to use the banks to sit/stand on. Invaluable,
> if its wet too.
>
> Binoculars? A hat! Gloves!

definitely condoms as well
Date: August 24, 2011 06:19PM
Posted by: J i m
You might want to get there before 7am as well.

Date: August 24, 2011 06:29PM
before 7am? Its my first sunday off work in ages as well!!!! Yeah that shouldn't be a problem then, just got to keep ourselves occupied for 7 hours or so :/. What support races are usually on?

I think we're taking our camping chairs if they are still in one piece, I last saw them at download fest 2006, but im pretty sure they're still somewhere haha. Walking stick sounds an idea. Going to be a long day on thursday/friday, we set off from Birmingham around 7pm, get the ferry at midnight then drive straight to spa.

Oh does anyone know anywhere relatively close by that shows the football?

Date: August 24, 2011 08:02PM
Posted by: J i m
I haven't been for the F1 at Spa, (LMS and FIA GT) but being a Grand Prix, and you having general admission suggests you ought to get there as soon as the gates open, for your best chances of getting a decent viewing spot.

Date: August 29, 2011 05:02AM
Had an incredible weekend, watched the F1 from pretty much every corner then for the race got to pitch my seat at the top of the corner with no name (after rivage/looking down at pouhon). Was a great view and could also see the bus-stop chicane, start finish straight and the first corner using binoculars!

Managed to see Schumacher crashing in qualifying as well, was luckily at rivage when it happened! Got a picture using my make shift camea lense (point and shoot looking into my binoculars haha)

Schumi
(Picture is huge as ive only just got back and got no photoshop on this pc).

Date: August 29, 2011 01:06PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Nice one!

Did you manage to see Petrov's spin on the last lap, supposedly at the Bus Stop? Did he actually lose his brakes and go straight on, or just make a mistake and spin?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 29, 2011 05:15PM
I didn't unfortunatley, I just saw Vettel n co cross the line then just looked at the giant tv.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy