When you post news

Posted by mortal 
When you post news
Date: June 16, 2010 03:20PM
Posted by: mortal
When you post news, please post only up to 80% of the article, then post your source. Then add YOUR OWN comments. We are more than just a site to copy and paste from an F1 news site. Posting only 80% of the news article means that we will not be breaching copyright, posting all of the article without quoting the source is a breach of the original sites copyright. So don't just copy and paste an article in it's entirety, and without quoting the original source. If the article and your comments are interesting, then we can check the source for the remainder of the story, should we wish to do so. Of course, this does not apply if you are the author of the news that you are posting. Otherwise it is plagiarism, or theft, which pretty much the same thing, and you wouldn't want to be labelled a thief would you? It is also poor form and bad manners. It's ok to post news, and to be the first to post it, but do give credit where it's due, that will earn you respect. So no more ripping off news articles and posting them as your own please. One of these days you'll figure out the fine art of netiquette. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: When you post news
Date: June 16, 2010 05:13PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I like when the whole thing is posted as some websites can't be accessed. Full credits and source must always be given though, as you said.
Date: June 16, 2010 08:46PM
Posted by: phantaman
the maximum is five lines (a paragraph) from that post also in the source (Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2010 08:47PM by phantaman.
Date: June 18, 2010 02:30AM
Posted by: EC83
Just quote the title and 2-3 key lines from whatever article you're linking to, put them in italics(and maybe the title in bold) to make it clear they're from the article and not from you, post the link to the source, then type a couple of sentences below that summing up what you initially think of the subject.

That's what's always worked for me anyway.

Date: June 18, 2010 08:04AM
Quite right, that is what works for most people. However there has been some articles posted recently in their entirety that are clearly not authored by the poster. By not quoting the source, you make claim to the article by posting it, and given the content of said posters articles elsewhere on the site, Blind Freddie could see that he was not the author. I think it is only fair that the original author or host site is acknowledged, I'm sure we would all like the same due respect. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 21, 2010 06:44AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Otherwise it is plagiarism, or theft,
> which pretty much the same thing, and you wouldn't
> want to be labelled a thief would you? It is also
> poor form and bad manners.

mortal did you ever play half life 2? Later in the game (and in episode 1, presumably episode 2 as well but I never played it) you get people following you and they become part of the squad. They say stuff like "don't forget to reload, Freeman". You'd be a great one of them
Date: June 21, 2010 09:13AM
Posted by: Morbid
MikaHalpinen = Snappy Smurf

Snappy is extremely rude whenever he's angry, the thunder cloud on his shirt representing his attitude. He is a possible reference to kids who do nothing but have tantrums whenever they don't get things their way. He is adventurous though, and does come up with some plans. Some say he could be the "self-proclaimed leader" of the Smurflings

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 21, 2010 06:59PM
Posted by: kubica2
nice to see you taking some copyright initiatives morbid ;)
Date: June 22, 2010 09:31AM

Touche Turtle!

Date: June 22, 2010 12:26PM
Posted by: senna9194
after this thread,i'll never post any news...

...it's too complicated...

;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: July 29, 2010 12:50AM
A company in the United States is now making pots of money prosecuting bloggers, webmasters etc. for copying news items and posting them on site. I posted on this in the OT forum. The company is known as Righthaven, and they are successfully prosecuting and bring down websites and blogs left right and centre. It is the exploitation of the copyright law in order to make money, and apparently it's working.
Just a heads up guys so you know ok. Please do not copy news articles from the USA in particular.

Date: April 01, 2015 01:04PM
Posted by: jickmagger
"McLaren Honda have admitted the cause of the pre-season accident was due to..."

Sorry, I could only copy 80% ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy