The Official Hungarian Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by EC83 
flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and then Vettel's suspension broke like Barrichello's
> (correct me if I'm wrong on this one).

You are wrong. It was the left-front that broke, as a result of his contact with Kimi in turn 1.
Sauber89 Wrote:
> Renault suspended from European GP
>
> Renault has been suspended from the European Grand
> Prix for the events that led to a wheel coming off
> Fernando Alonso's car in Hungary today.
>
> Following a post-race discussion with the
> stewards, it was deemed that the team had breached
> the regulations enough for it to be suspended from
> the next event.
>
> It means Alonso will miss his home event that
> takes place in Valencia next month, unless he
> moves to another team.
>
> from autosport.com

Looks like somebody's losing his job tonight
AcE_cOdEr Wrote:
> Looks like somebody's losing his job tonight

I think the stewards are going to be losing their lives if Alonso can't race in Valencia. ;-)
The abnormal 'normal' race...good to see McLaren & Ferrari back at the very top again.
Would've been nice to see Raikkonen take this win though, as a boost for the team with Massa out.

So happy for Lewis, it felt fantastic to see him win after a long time. The boys back at the factory must be overjoyed.

In other news, Brawn don't look good, but none of the new top four of Button, Barichello, Vettel and Webber look consistent enough to be an obvious title winner.

Another weekend of BMW being absolutely nowhere. Whereas Mclaren and Ferrari have made considerable progress, BMW just haven't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 07:34PM by jbnd05.
Congrats Lewis!! Brilliant drive, did all he needed to and showed good maturity too in the early stages of stints. Also his first repeat win at a GP of course.
Great drive from Kimi, easily his best this season so far.
Webber made the best he could of RedBull's bad job, a podium was quite a save for his race considering how things had looked for him immediately after his first stop.
Glock was awesome, the dude did an exceptional job, just like he did at this race last year.
Shame about Fernando after a good first stint. 1980s-style wheel problems!
Brawn just poor all weekend. They're rapidly sinking towards Honda's level at the moment. But hey, in terms of the Championship that's great news for us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 07:44PM by EC83.
Yeah was great to see Lewis win

Nice to hear him after the race on the radio to the team thanking all the guys back at the factory

Must be great for them :)

Good race by Kimi as well

Brawn were just poor, have to see how they go in Valencia

RBR just had a bad day, botching Webbers pitstop and Vettel having the suspension problems

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Alonso to drive the Ferrari in Valencia then?? LOL
dierome Wrote:
> Alonso to drive the Ferrari in Valencia then?? LOL

Marc Gene will be in the car in Valencia and presumably Badoer in Monza. They'll probably get 3 races each. Feck knows what they'll do for that 7th race though. Don't mention that Schu... thing though. It's not going to happen.
Missed the race, was at a match instead, couldn't believe when I got the text about Hamilton and Raikkonen first and second, I half wondered if a text had finally delivered after a year or two in waiting ;). The finale to this season could be incredible as we find the two championship contending teams aren't race-winners anymore!
I'm glad to see Kimi back on form actually.

The Lopper Wrote:
> Missed the race, was at a match instead, couldn't
> believe when I got the text about Hamilton and
> Raikkonen first and second, I half wondered if a
> text had finally delivered after a year or two in
> waiting ;). The finale to this season could be
> incredible as we find the two championship
> contending teams aren't race-winners anymore!

Maybe you travelled back in time ;)
Hamilton and Raikkonen on the podium and Limerick hurlers in a semi final...

It IS 2007 again...my time-machine...it works! ;)
Webber seems to be the man in form however, if the current shape of Brawn stays at this level or beneath it, Red Bull might pass them soon. Vettel ofcourse has more raw speed, but not the consistency atm.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
[www.rte.ie]

Trying to find a more reliable source to this.

Injured Formula One driver Felipe Massa can now communicate 'actively' and is able to move his hands and legs, a Hungarian Defence Ministry spokesman said.

Brazilian Massa, who fractured his skull in an accident during qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix on Saturday, is waking up from sedation more and more frequently.

Spokesman Istvan Bocskai told Hungarian television that Massa, whose wife is expecting their first child, spent the night calmly and an ultrasound examination carried out in the past hours was 'reassuring'.

Massa would also have another brain scan, Bocskai added.

'He's woken up (from sedation) more and more often now and he's able to communicate actively, that is, he reacts when he's talked to. We are optimistic, in our hope a slow recovery is beginning.'

Bocskai said Massa could move his hands and legs, signs that his brain likely suffered no particular damage, but doctors were not at the stage where they could be totally sure of that.

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo will fly to Hungary on Monday to be at the Massa's bedside.

Last year's championship runner-up was flown to hospital after being hit on the head by a bouncing spring, weighing almost a kilo, that broke free from compatriot Rubens Barrichello's Brawn car.

A Defence Ministry official had said on Saturday the driver had been in a "serious, life-threatening condition" before an emergency operation.

The accident, which is likely to rule Massa out of the next few races, brought back grim memories of the crash that killed compatriot and triple champion Ayrton Senna at Imola in 1994 and led to renewed concerns about safety.

Hard to know what the real story is yet. Half of the reports sound grand, but the other half sound worrying.
gav Wrote:
> dierome Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Alonso to drive the Ferrari in Valencia then??
> LOL
>
> Marc Gene will be in the car in Valencia and
> presumably Badoer in Monza. They'll probably get 3
> races each. Feck knows what they'll do for that
> 7th race though. Don't mention that Schu... thing
> though. It's not going to happen.

Yea, but till now only told reason why MS wont be racing (yet xD) is that he still arent 100% ok after his motorbike accident earlier this year. I beleave he would be able to reach better results than their spare drivers, but I dont think Ferrari would choose him anyway because of many different reasons.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Why not try out Bruno Senna? I haven't seen his name pop up. He was kinda okay last year in that modified Honda, so maybe he can get a chance? Of course Badoer would be obvious choise, I'm not too fond of Gene however. Me thinks Senna would do better than Gene (and Badoer for that matter)...
SpaceAce Wrote:
> SHUTUP BBC
> Go have your Hamilton babies elsewhere

It was worse listening to One commentary on Channel 10 telling wiewers to wait up for MotoGP, when 10 had already broadcast it. BTW, Ducati need a new forecaster.

Expect the unexpected in motor racing but what a strange weekend it was, from which the endgame is, Get well soon Felipe!

The "Peter Windsor Report" on 10 stated that Massa's widely reported "life threatening" condition was apparently a mistranslation of the standard concept/definition of simply being in ICU. I hope so.

Does anyone else like the thought that Kimi got the bit between his teeth and drove beyond this year's Ferrari with his teammate's plight in mind. He was due for a rampage but it's a nice thought anyway.

Great job off the start by Webber, got nailed by Kimi, but stuck around to take 2nd in the championship. Who can say what will happen next?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 03:05PM by mcdo.
Bruno Senna is impossible. He said a couple of days ago, before the accident, when Toro Rosso kicked out Bourdais, that he would have rejected the seat if it was offered to him... So he donĀ“t wanna to drive from mid-season

BBC reports that Massa also has eye damage. I am really hoping this doesn't end his career.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy