F1 European Grand Prix: Valencia 2008

Posted by mcdo 
Re: F1 European Grand Prix: Valencia 2008
Date: August 24, 2008 09:46PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i agree, why so many more, as i said at the top, fuel him light and get him on pole. but i daresay that was the nail in the coffin for kimi this year, ferrari must support massa now.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 24, 2008 09:47PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
n00binio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> on the first pitstops they mounted wheels without
> those windshields. perhaps to get better cooling
> for the brakes

Thought that was the case, but I missed it happening.

Have to say Valencia was a massive disappointment to me. I hope next years aero reg changes sorts it out.

As for Massa, not sure it was as marginal as lots of people like to make out. God, ITV were awful though. Virtually stating as fact that Lewis would be awarded the race later on! And tbh, Massa shouldnt pay the fine, Ferrari should.
Date: August 24, 2008 09:58PM
Posted by: Slash
Kimi is overrated and overpaid, and he decides what fuel strategy to go, the strategist just consult him and decide with him whats better
meybe he's just having a bad time seeing Felipe Massa doing better than him and knows that going heavier gives him a "better excuse" to be slower

or Ferrari finally decide that Massa is the better option to fight against Lewis and are now supporting him and that is explaining Kimi's mistakes and all because he's having a hard time accepting it

and i saw mopre overtaking, Like Heikke on Kimi at the start, or Nick on Rosberg who run funnily wide while he was being chased...

anyways i don't care if Kimi wins the next 3 races on a row, he has proved that he's overrated, if Ferrari doesn't give him a good car he can't fight up there, but thats something that any driver can do if given the best car, so...
and todays mistake at the pit stop just shows he's loosing his cool and can turn up even worse for the races to come, it's not interest, it's not motivation, it's just him, he's just not good enough if the car is not the best on the grid, like last year..

and Kovalainen, someone said that he keeps moaning after races because of tyres and trategy and stuff... the reason is because he is the number 2, and today he proved to be, the reason?, Mclaren just love Lewis, and i can't blame them, Heikke is not as good as Lewis
Date: August 24, 2008 10:03PM
rapid_f1 Wrote:
> i agree, why so many more, as i said at the top,
> fuel him light and get him on pole. but i daresay
> that was the nail in the coffin for kimi this
> year, ferrari must support massa now.

they tried that before, but Kimi keeps qualifying behind Massa and he losses positions at the starts because the track is dirty or can't get of the line as good or stuff like that and falls behind, so with a lighter car is even worse, is better to loose positions and then tried to get them back when everybody pits.. maybe thats one of the reasons
Date: August 24, 2008 10:14PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Slash schreef:
> rapid_f1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i agree, why so many more, as i said at the
> top,
> > fuel him light and get him on pole. but i
> daresay
> > that was the nail in the coffin for kimi this
> > year, ferrari must support massa now.
>
>
> they tried that before, but Kimi keeps qualifying
> behind Massa and he losses positions at the starts
> because the track is dirty or can't get of the
> line as good or stuff like that and falls behind,
> so with a lighter car is even worse, is better to
> loose positions and then tried to get them back
> when everybody pits.. maybe thats one of the
> reasons

when did kimi qualify lighter? only time i can remember was bahrain i think it was?

Date: August 24, 2008 10:18PM
Posted by: IWE
Even if his car would have been lighter just once, most of times difference have been so small that it doesnt give excuse for beeing so much behind.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 24, 2008 10:20PM
you mean the time difference is so big?

Date: August 24, 2008 10:22PM
Fuel difference = minimal
Time difference = too big

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 24, 2008 10:25PM
but kimi was only bad the last 3 races really, before that he was fighting for the win, almost every race, seems like people tent to forget massa's australia race, or malaysia race, or silverstone. those where the races massa himself did really bad. Kimi did australia, monaco and valencia who where really bad, hungary and germany wasnt that much of a drama though, its like sapo said i think, if kimi wins the next race everyone loves him, if he spins everyone hates him, same goes for hamilton, massa, and all other guys.

Date: August 24, 2008 10:38PM
no iceman, i think Kimi's prblem is qualy, and suposely it can be fixed if he get the tyres to temp, or something like that

but why waste efforts with Kimi to fix this issue if Massa is proving to be the best right now of them both, and spent more time making Massa's car faster to fight Hamilton

Massa did shite at Silverstone no one is hiding that, don't go the other way...

what i'm saying is that Kimi falls asleep on starts, or makes mistakes on qualy or gets overtaken by cars at starts and also falls asleep on restarts and stuff like this and that is costing him and ferrari..., so even if they spent time fixing this, who's going to guarantee that he won't do it again on the remainder of the season?, but right now Felipe is proving to be better and nails qualy and races, so why don't spent more time making his car faster so he can fight for the reaimning races?

ferrari must choose right now if they want to keep the tittle in their garage
Date: August 24, 2008 10:39PM
and if it rains the remaining races? massa would be @#$%&, 1 reason not to make massa nr 1.

Date: August 24, 2008 10:42PM
Massa drove better than Kimi last year at Nurburgring, and this year at Monaco.. in Silverstone he had the wrong tyres.. so ferrari knows who drives better in rain, actually you mention another reason to make Massa nr1
Date: August 24, 2008 10:45PM
last year nurburgring kimi retired, but he was on his way back to the lead drivers, monaco this year yes, but massa was avarage, so thats maybe 1 or 2 good rain races, hungary 2006 he was @#$%&, japan 2007 he was avarage, china 2007 he was no where, silverstone this year he was @#$%&.

Date: August 24, 2008 10:55PM
So? Massa is sometimes crap on rain and Kimi is behind rest of season. It doesnt rain often enought to save Kimi. Without his title he would propably be already 2nd driver. If watching at facts and that he won title with tons of luck (just watch how last races did go last year) it doesnt make sence to wait so long now. McLaren did already upgrade their steeringwheel so any gift points aint coming.

Date: August 24, 2008 11:00PM
well, imo spa is kimis last chance, if he wins there hes back for the title, if not it doesnt look to good, and now im off to bed lol.

Date: August 24, 2008 11:03PM
in Hungary 2006 Kimi was not his teammate, so maybe Kimi would've been worse?
in Fuji 2007 he chosed different tyres to Kimi becaus he had nothinig to loose and a lot to gain to keep hismelf in the championship battle, but it was the wrong desicion, in CHina 2007 he finished 3rd...

yes Silverstone was shitty, you already mentioned, and i know so, i watched it, but i also watched he had the wrong tyres
Date: August 24, 2008 11:08PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
isnt fuji 2007 the one that he did an awesome overtaking @ kubica @ last curve in last lap?

if it's that, pretty sure he would have finished pretty much ahead had wurz not crashed @ him

also remember he got a penalty that race.
Date: August 24, 2008 11:46PM
Posted by: meexi
n00binio Wrote:
> on the first pitstops they mounted wheels without
> those windshields. perhaps to get better cooling
> for the brakes

surely they were running underweight without the front spinners?
Date: August 24, 2008 11:48PM
Posted by: Monza972
Comparison of last season doesn't count, and i'm a ferrari fanboy :p, as remember last year we had TC and this year we do not. So comparing his Europe drive and Fuji drive isn't in the same post code. During this two week break, Ferrari really have re-assess their goals and find out kimi's problems in qualifying. Consult with Bridgestone or something but get it sorted as the way its going, its Lewis/Felipe for the championship.
Date: August 25, 2008 12:53AM
Posted by: EC83
Kimi's won every Belgian GP since 2002, so it's a great chance for him. I defo hope he can win it; totally agreed with Iceman, if he doesn't win in Spa his Championship chances will probably be done. Want to see him stay in contention for it - he can do so much better than he's done these last few races. Spa would be the perfect time for him to win from pole with fastest lap ;)

I think Massa will struggle. He's able to look good on any one day, but the consistency's not there. It's like he can make the most of a great car, but even then he has no control over how much of his ability he uses on a particular day. Plus he can't handle wet weather conditions or drive around a car problem.

s0236078 Wrote:
> flat tyre Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hehe, loved Martin's Schumacher interview on
> the
> > grid :)
>
>
> yeah was tad akward huh. ive forgotten why schumy
> had his fall out with martin/itv.

That figures.
According to what I read in Autosport, Michael stopped speaking to Martin after Martin described his chopping move on Ralf at the start of the 2001 European GP as "unfriendly" in his commentary. Bit of an overreaction by Michael if you ask me.

It was an interesting interview - first time they've spoken on TV since Interlagos 2006 I think.

Race itself was pretty boring, the kind of race a rain shower would've transformed. Circuit is similar to Detroit in many ways. Impressive that so few cars crashed, drivers were very restrained.

Epic fail from Ferrari's automated pitstop system, by the way!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy