Provisional 2009 Calendar

Posted by SchueyFan 
Re: Provisional 2009 Calendar
Date: June 26, 2008 07:08AM
Posted by: AH87
Glad Suzuka will be back.
But when will Imola return? I love that circuit.
Date: June 26, 2008 03:11PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i doubt it will ever return tbh, although it should return as a testing track at least next year

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 26, 2008 04:27PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Date: June 25, 2008 04:39PM
Posted by: gav (IP Logged)

Abu Dhabi... wah...? Has that one gone completely over my head?

Apparently so. It is a street circuit around a Harbor.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 27, 2008 04:39PM
Posted by: Monza972
n00binio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> count.bazley schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Everywhere was dry it was 2006! :D Although I
> am
> > aware you're all referring to 2000! :P
>
> totally forgot about 2006.

Well not really, you're forgetting Hungary & Shanghai
Date: June 27, 2008 06:17PM
Posted by: count.bazley
No I was referring to 'everywhere around Silverstone was dry in 2006' as I'm sure Gav was referring to the fact that although the track might have been dry in 2000, the car parks most certainly weren't!
Date: June 27, 2008 08:32PM
Posted by: Monza972
count.bazley Wrote:
> No I was referring to 'everywhere around
> Silverstone was dry in 2006' as I'm sure Gav was
> referring to the fact that although the track
> might have been dry in 2000, the car parks most
> certainly weren't!

Ah i see
Date: June 27, 2008 08:47PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
chet Wrote:
> matt3454 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > what the hell is abu dhabi
>
> Apparently some sort of gun like thing...
>
> [cache.daylife.com]
> 610x.jpg
>
> btw, have to say it looks about as exciting as
> getting shot!

I think the face in that picture says it all.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: June 27, 2008 09:01PM
Posted by: chet
rofl, never noticed his face!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 29, 2008 04:51PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
SchueyFan Wrote:

> imola was san marino and nurburgring was european,
> so i dont think the naming of the event really
> affects the country the track is in

I was about to smite you and point out that San Marino is it's own principality etc bla bla bla and that the argument didn't hold. However I have just for the first time realised that Imola is not actually in San Marino. FTW?

As you were.

Anyway, I think the reason for the German GP being forced to switch between the two is because both circuits are in debt and neither could afford a race a year. Or something. Personally I would be all for just hosting the German GP at Nurburgring because the new Hockenheim is an insult to the name.

I would also be uber-for replacing Magny Cours with Paul Ricard HTTT. I'm not sure why they don't. Dicks.
Date: June 29, 2008 05:06PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Imola is in Italy. However Monza is the Italian GP. So Imola used to "borrow" San Marino for a weekend. ;)

I think Hockenheim is the track in financial trouble and so they proposed that they and the Nurburgring alternate to try and ease both track's financial worries. I don't really like either. Nurburgring just isn't a track I like. It lives in the perpetual shadows of the real Nurburgring but that won't ever come back. And the new Hockemheim isn't a patch on the classic old one. :)

Magny-Cours is a decent track in itself. I know Bernie owns Paul Ricard and I think it is up to FIA F1 Grand Prix standards so it could easily go there. But I think Bernie wants a GP in France that is easily accessible. Hence the thinking behind one in Paris at or near EuroDisney. The advantages of Paris/EuroDisney is trains from the UK and also Belgium I think. Plus the Parisian airports. So easily accessible.

Put it this way if Paris/EuroDisney ever gets the French GP I'm going there.
Date: June 29, 2008 05:09PM
loque Wrote:
> SchueyFan Wrote:
>
> > imola was san marino and nurburgring was
> european,
> > so i dont think the naming of the event really
> > affects the country the track is in
>
> I was about to smite you and point out that San
> Marino is it's own principality etc bla bla bla
> and that the argument didn't hold. However I have
> just for the first time realised that Imola is not
> actually in San Marino. FTW?
>
> As you were.
>
> Anyway, I think the reason for the German GP being
> forced to switch between the two is because both
> circuits are in debt and neither could afford a
> race a year. Or something. Personally I would be
> all for just hosting the German GP at Nurburgring
> because the new Hockenheim is an insult to the
> name.
>
> I would also be uber-for replacing Magny Cours
> with Paul Ricard HTTT. I'm not sure why they
> don't. Dicks.

yes, its true that the german events suffered financial problems. but it was suggested before this that Germany (and Italy) may lose one of their GPs. some of these sites prove the speculation that this may happen, and imola and hockenheim both going in the same calendar appears to prove this.
[www.pitpass.com]
[www.sportbusiness.com]

Also, i think paul ricard would be a good venue as well, but unless they install spectator facilities (currently there are none i believe) i can't see that happening

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 29, 2008 05:46PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
had Magny Cours to be replaced would like the French GP to go Le Mans finally , but they dont even comment about that ...anyways as ppl say, one can dream ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2008 05:48PM by Rodrigo007.
Date: June 29, 2008 06:05PM
its been rumoured already!
[f1way.com]

it would of course be the bugatti track, but considering all the facilities are there and the track is already used for motogp, it is definitely conceivable

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 29, 2008 06:07PM
There are other places I'd like to see the back of too. As many people have pointed out, other than 1996 Barcelona produces very boring races. They all test there and know it inside out and go into autopilot in the races and the best car wins.

I also think that Bernie cared at all for the quality of races he would stop with the moving to the new ciruits in the middle east because they always produce shite races too - Malaysia is particularly bad, and China does nothing for me either. Bahrain is a good circuit but the races are boring and the same goes for Turkey. It just seems the way things are sliding, sadly. We'll have to wait and see what Singapore and Abu-Dhabi are like, I know they're both meant to be half course half street circuits so we shall see.

Bring back Kyalami and Mexi City says I.
Date: June 29, 2008 10:08PM
Posted by: EC83
Yeah, Kyalami and Mexico City were both great tracks. Kyalami was very technical, and Mexico was great for slipstreaming down the long start/finish straight. The 1991 race in Mexico was awesome! The high altitude and bumpy surface(though it was really too bumpy) made it a unique challenge.
The last GP at Kyalami was unusual for being hit by the thunderstorm at the end; I have a video of that one as well.

It'd be cool if there were other South American races besides Brazil too; Buenos Aires should be resurrected. It looked like a crap circuit on paper, but the races there were always good(the '96 race was mental!) and that race was an endurance challenge, like Hungary.

I read in Autosport this week that there's a "strong possibility" of a US Grand Prix at Indy being added to the 2009 calendar. Hope so! :)
Date: June 29, 2008 11:20PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
oh god not indy again, you mean the boring ovall with the mickey mouse alike infield area? Bah.

Date: June 30, 2008 12:28AM
Posted by: chet
Not indy, god no!

Even if it was the oval, not that it will be it would still be a bore fest wouldnt it ? dont the IRL cars lap full throttle there? so wouldnt the same apply to the F1 cars ??

I think we just leave America alone until they have a track with F1 approved facilities AND a decent track. Theres plenty of good tracks, just not with the facilities Bernie would like.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 30, 2008 12:39AM
Posted by: EC83
Yup, that's the one. It's interesting to see what compromises teams make on downforce settings etc, as the two halves of the lap are so different. That infield section is Mickey Mouse - especially Turns 9 and 10 where Schuey and JV spun their cars towards the end of the 2000 race. Ridiculously slow! You usually get a good race there though

It's a good point that America has tracks that would be better suited to F1, and a lot of F1 races in the US have been held at a bad choice of circuit(Dallas '84 was probably the best example).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2008 12:56AM by EC83.
Date: June 30, 2008 04:03AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
SchueyFan Wrote:
> its been rumoured already!
> [f1way.com]
> e-future-french-gp---report
>
> it would of course be the bugatti track, but
> considering all the facilities are there and the
> track is already used for motogp, it is definitely
> conceivable

oh didn't know about that have to confess, but IMO would be great and very nostalgic ,I believe many motorsport fans would be interested to check at least in it's first years , let's hope !:)
Date: June 30, 2008 09:31AM
EC83 Wrote:

> It's a good point that America has tracks that
> would be better suited to F1, and a lot of F1
> races in the US have been held at a bad choice of
> circuit(Dallas '84 was probably the best example).

Dear Mr Bernie,

ROAD AMERICA.

Yours,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy