Magny Cours Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by mcdo 
Re: Magny Cours Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 24, 2008 08:02AM
Posted by: Slash
Remember guys, Hamilton run away last year with a lot of stuff, like those Zig Zag's at the starts of the Gp's and all...

and i didn't see the same people complaining now about these penalties doing it last year when they never gave him one!
Date: June 24, 2008 09:05AM
Posted by: marcl
I was looking before and here another example of same situations and no penalties.

Kubica spun Lewis round in Japan last year and got a drive through, yet people done this in Monaco and got no drive through why? sounds like kubica got robbed of a good result in japan now.

MS also done starts like that for years so its hard to then start to give penalties, but as soon as other drivers mentioned the starts Lewis stopped doing it he just needed to be told you can not do that. And if you look back at peoples post near enough everyone said the Lewis starts at some GP's last year were out of order and he should have got a penalty.

Why did they not give Sutil a drive through in Monaco then? he could have taken it and probably still got points. In fact he would have been better off.

I also dont think anyone is saying Lewis should not have given the place back to Vettel, just when the driver and the team agree not to then what can you do? Mclaren should have been straight on the radio to Lewis to tell him to give it back but they also thought he had passed Vettel before the corner. I know Vettel said he straight lines a chicane in Monaco and passed 2 cars and gave the places back, there is a difference though as he passed 2 cars doing this and could see he did. From what Lewis could probably see from the car in his move was he passed him and then went off rather than just cutting the corner to pass, if you see what I mean. All the time vettel cut the chicane in Moncao he probably made up a good few seconds in the race so he should have had a penalty and dropped down the points order if you know what I mean. Would he have finished ahead of the car behind him if he had not kept cutting the corners? I know it sounds stupid but can you see what I mean.

This is from the interview with Mclaren

Before taking his penalty, was Lewis asked over the radio to drop back and cede the position back to Vettel?

"We weren't aware that the incident was questionable until a number of laps later when it was displayed on our monitors that Car 22 was under investigation. At that point, we asked the FIA for a clarification and were informed of the incident at Turn Seven. When the footage was replayed, it looked to us as if Lewis was comfortably past the other car before he straightlined the chicane. We expressed our opinion to the FIA but, by that point it was not possible to ask Lewis to drop back and relinquish the position. If somebody had told us about it at the time, we would have asked the race director if he wanted us to give the place back. In the cockpit, Lewis felt he was already ahead when he made the mistake and didn't feel it was an issue to raise with the team."

Its done now anyway penalty served silverstone next. I hope its a clean race with no penalties.

The press have really laid into Lewis now over his comments about them. But you can garantee when he starts winning again they will right good stuff. It was the same with Beckam and others.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 09:57AM by marcl.
Date: June 24, 2008 09:59AM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kubica spun Lewis round in Japan last year and got
> a drive through, yet people done this in Monaco
> and got no drive through why? sounds like kubica
> got robbed of a good result in japan now.

Kubica didn't spin Lewis off. They took 2 different lines and met in the middle. He wasn't making a move as such.

marcl Wrote:
> Before taking his penalty, was Lewis asked over
> the radio to drop back and cede the position back
> to Vettel?
>
> "We weren't aware that the incident was
> questionable until a number of laps later when it
> was displayed on our monitors that Car 22 was
> under investigation. At that point, we asked the
> FIA for a clarification and were informed of the
> incident at Turn Seven. When the footage was
> replayed, it looked to us as if Lewis was
> comfortably past the other car before he
> straightlined the chicane. We expressed our
> opinion to the FIA but, by that point it was not
> possible to ask Lewis to drop back and relinquish
> the position. If somebody had told us about it at
> the time, we would have asked the race director if
> he wanted us to give the place back. In the
> cockpit, Lewis felt he was already ahead when he
> made the mistake and didn't feel it was an issue
> to raise with the team."

Interestingly, I think everyone else, Lewis fans included, did think it was questionable. As far as I'm aware you have to ask the chief race steward whether it's advisable to give the place back if you're in doubt, not the other way around. This is why the FIA never got onto the Renault team shouting for Alonso to give Klien the position back immediately. He did do it, he passed straight back, and 3-5 laps later was told to give it back properly.
Date: June 24, 2008 10:11AM
"Kubica didn't spin Lewis off. They took 2 different lines and met in the middle. He wasn't making a move as such."

Yes true so then Kubica should not have got the penalty, so he was robbed really but at the time it did look like he was going to get pass. Yet Alonso and Kovy both spun cars when they hit them and got nothing, thats what I mean not fair. If you see what I mean.

When I first saw Lewis pass vettel the 1st thing I said was give the place back. Then Brundle started saying no need, then mclaren said that then lewis said he was passed. Only after the race and looking at it in detail I agree the move was not really on had there been a wall or gravel lewis would be out the race. Therefore he should have given the place back.

I bet now mclaren and lewis wish they just gave it back and will do next time.

What is stupid is the fact Lewis would have passed Vettel anyway probably within the next few corners.

I hope I am talking sence.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2008 10:13AM by marcl.
Date: June 24, 2008 02:06PM
Posted by: bender
Slash Wrote:
> i don't understand why people
> keep comparing Kimi's incidet and Hamilton's when
> they are totally different,

Actually that was the point I was trying to make!

I was just explaining my theories on why no penalties were handed out for the Kimi-Sutil incident.
Date: June 24, 2008 02:27PM
Posted by: IWE
Totally different, but doesnt change the fact FIA is tongue so deep in Kimis' ass that it needs years to pull it out.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 24, 2008 05:22PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
not too deep

remember he got that penalty in monaco for having his tyres on late
it could have been fairly easy for them to just leave it and let him race surely?

and maybe the fia think that no one else deserves the championship. Dont blame the tbh as its everyone else who just keeps chattin crap. All they have to do is drive and not complain all the time.

Date: June 24, 2008 08:57PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
and maybe the fia think that no one else deserves the championship. Dont blame the tbh as its everyone else who just keeps chattin crap. All they have to do is drive and not complain all the time.

*facepalm*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 24, 2008 10:35PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
lolz, i was just kiddin about that.

Date: June 25, 2008 02:17PM
Posted by: Bruninho

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Date: June 26, 2008 03:11AM
Posted by: bender
That's frickin hilarious lol!
Date: June 26, 2008 06:06AM
As much as I dont like ferrari i have to respect them for the way year after year they build the best car. The early part of the 90's they were a joke but they really turned it round. I really think most drivers could go to ferrari and win races and challenge for the title.
Date: June 26, 2008 02:59PM
Posted by: EC83
Totally agreed with marcl. Any one of several top drivers(Lewis, Alonso, Kubica, Heidfeld, Kovy, the Honda drivers) could've got at least as many decent results as the current Ferrari drivers have done this year if they'd been in that car. Though both Ferrari drivers have thrown away significant points with dumb mistakes this year. Massa would be leading the drivers' Championship by over 10 points now if he hadn't screwed up in Melbourne and Sepang!

It's true that Lewis completely left the track immediately after overtaking Vettel on lap 1, so I guess the penalty was deserved, from the point of view that Race Control had to be seen to be acting on it. But a total shame that it finished any chance of him having a half-decent race. He did do some great recovery driving; blatting past Alonso and making him flinch in Estoril was probably the highlight!

A decent race for Nelson Piquet too, at long last!
Date: June 26, 2008 05:28PM
EC83 Wrote:
> He did do
> some great recovery driving; blatting past Alonso
> and making him flinch in Estoril was probably the
> highlight!

... mmmm, for me the highlight would be, how did he managed to put himself in a position where he needs to fight Alonso in a renault?.. i mean the guys has a top of the line car.. Alonso doesn't
Date: June 26, 2008 09:14PM
Could lewis or kovy pass piquet on track? no.

So please dont say the renault is that easy to pass.
Date: June 26, 2008 09:59PM
Posted by: chet
In all honesty no car is easy pass atm. Look how much the powerful BMW had over the force india at Spain.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 26, 2008 10:45PM
Posted by: vesuvius
marcl Wrote:
> As much as I dont like ferrari i have to respect
> them for the way year after year they build the
> best car. The early part of the 90's they were a
> joke but they really turned it round. I really
> think most drivers could go to ferrari and win
> races and challenge for the title.

yes and most of the drivers could go to mclaren and do a better job than Lewis currently does.
Date: June 27, 2008 12:39AM
I meant my comment in a good way not a bad way. If you remember ferrari like I do from the late 80's and 90's you will know what i meant.

God I even get my head ripped off when i compliment ferrari lol :)

As for Lewis he will turn he year round soon enough just like kimi did last year and twice this year and massa this year.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2008 12:56AM by marcl.
Date: June 27, 2008 04:38AM
marcl Wrote:
> Could lewis or kovy pass piquet on track? no.
>
> So please dont say the renault is that easy to
> pass.

i never questioned how easy or not was to pass the Renault, just how Hamilton put himself in a situation where he needs to fight a Renault, when he should be fighting against the Ferraris
Date: June 27, 2008 05:42AM
Ok yes I see your point. Just one of them things really he still passed him though.

In Autosport this week there are quite alot of people not saying good things about alonso and his resent races.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy