Maldonado banned for life in Monaco

Posted by Sniper 
Re: Maldonado banned for life in Monaco
Date: May 24, 2005 09:24PM
Posted by: iceman kimi
actually im english, im going mostly from personal experience with french people so its mostly on a personal level.

Basically im saying that french people are too ignorant to realise they have made a mistake.

They are also cheese eating surrender monkeys.

</end rant>

Date: May 24, 2005 10:55PM
Posted by: Zcott
Those English! Always causing trouble!

Date: May 24, 2005 11:24PM
Posted by: EddieB
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To what extend is that typical French? Are there
> more examples for that?
>

Hehe just take a look at the FIA, sorry, the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (can you GET anymore French?!) banning ENGLISH Jenson Button and BRITISH American Racing :p

Another example of the French trying to get one over on us English and suceeding....for once!

The only thing the French should host is an invasion.

(this is all in good humour by the way, don't mean to offend anyone!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2005 11:25PM by EddieB.
Date: May 25, 2005 12:03AM
Posted by: Red Sam
god....;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 25, 2005 12:41AM
Posted by: Vader
I think it's about high time we send some more nazi racoons over the Channel. Jawohl!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 25, 2005 12:46AM
Posted by: iceman kimi
thats the spirit!

Date: May 25, 2005 12:57AM
We shall fight them on the beaches....:D

Date: May 25, 2005 01:38AM
Posted by: Red Sam
if we have a European Superstate, there wont be any other countries to hate!

And only one awful song at Eurovision :P

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 25, 2005 08:55AM
Posted by: Ali
"...And only one awful song at Eurovision :P ..."

INDEED !!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: May 25, 2005 09:50AM
Posted by: Sniper
as Belgium intercessor I can say this is going off topic :-)

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: May 25, 2005 11:25AM
Stay neutral if you're Belgian! :p Hehe, you're right...sllllightly off topic!

Date: May 25, 2005 09:42PM
Posted by: Muks_C
just caught the last lap of the F Renault race of Monaco on Motors TV. wish i'd tuned in earlier to see what exactly happened.

about Eurovision, isn't it just an excuse to get the nicest looking women from every country semi-naked on tv?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 11, 2012 05:56PM
Posted by: IWE
Zombie thread coming up.. hot

Simply because Maldonado is doing lots of @#$%& atm in F1 and wanted to remind everyone about his past..

And another reason is that I'm interested to find video or pictures of the situation which caused lifetime ban. Oh and sure original news about it would be nice as it is difficult to find anything else than tons of writings and stories on different forums without urls added to sources.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 05:59PM by IWE.
Date: July 11, 2012 06:37PM
Posted by: Frantic
found something here.

its funny that he said "Being a responsible driver is part of what I am learning" already 7 years ago...

Date: July 11, 2012 08:24PM
Posted by: IWE
And what about this:

Maldonado lucky to be in Monaco after severely injuring a marshal in 2005

May 23 (GMM) A favourite for victory this weekend, Williams driver Pastor Maldonado is lucky to even be gearing up to race in the Principality at all after nearly killing a marshal when racing at the venue back in 2005.

Bild newspaper reports that the Venezuelan, who defied his ‘pay driver’ critics by winning for Williams in Spain two weeks ago, was actually banned after a horrorific incident on the streets of Monte Carlo seven years ago.

Racing in the Renault World Series in 2005, the then 25-year-old ignored yellow flags before striking and severely injuring a marshal.

Organisers of the Monaco grand prix reacted by banning Maldonado from the street circuit for life.

Bild revealed that Maldonado’s wealthy father intervened, promising to pay for the marshal’s recovery and rehabilitation from a broken back.

That intervention saved Maldonado’s future Formula One career, as no team would hire a regular driver that cannot participate in the sport’s most famous race.

Maldonado is a favourite for victory this weekend, with his Williams now acknowledged as arguably the best in the entire field when it comes to low-speed traction.

In his four seasons of GP2 between 2007 and 2010, Maldonado finished on the podium each time, winning and achieving pole position twice. In 2006, he won in Formula Renault.

Last year, in qualifying for his first Monaco Grand Prix, he qualified his Williams FW33 in eighth place, comfortably ahead of Rubens Barrichello.

“He is very good at Monaco,” agreed Barrichello.

In the 2011 race, Maldonado was fighting for fifth when he crashed with Lewis Hamilton.

“If the last sector in Barcelona is the marker, then the Williams will be unbeatable in Monte Carlo,” Germany’s AM&S quotes Dr Helmut Marko.

The breakthrough success in Barcelona has piqued the interest of Maldonado’s native Venezuela, having not had an F1 points scorer since the ignominious Johnny Cecotto in 1983.

“My country will be following every second of the next race,” Maldonado is quoted by O Estado de S.Paulo newspaper.

“I love street circuits, this one in particular. My style of driving fits perfectly with Monaco. I am ready to get another great result.”

Subbed by AJN.

[www.yallaf1.com]

True/false or one mystery never to be solved? Did these "rumors" start only because of mistake made by Autosport (how the hell they would make up something so absurd out of nothing???) or is there hidden truth behind?

And different version of the story picked from f1technical.net:

I am marshall in Monaco

First of all, I like to report that my colleague is now ok and he's marshalling again.
He had injuries in his ankle and legs, but then he recovered.

The Automobile Club of Monaco DID ban Maldonado for life from the circuit.
It's not a urban legend. It happened really.

Shortly after the ban, mr. Hugo Chavez, close friend of Pastor, put pressure on Monaco authorities to withdraw this penalty, converting it into a huge monetary fine.

That's it, once again politics won on motorsports.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: July 11, 2012 10:57PM
Posted by: EC83
Remember when Dan compared Senna and Lewis to poos? Well, if Maldonado was a poo he'd be something like this:

Date: July 14, 2012 04:52PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Bahahahahahahaha that's epic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy