Mosley and Benetton lawyer collude in 1994 to save Benetton from ban (long post)

Posted by sasjag 
stolen from the Atlas BB (and i just stole it from GPM:P). It's an article from a magazine called BusinessF1. Well worth a read IMO. (and in mine!)

Unmasking the President

In the early evening of Tuesday 6th September 1994 Max Mosley, the president of the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile, stepped over the mark of probity. He effectively 'fixed' the outcome of an FIA World Council disciplinary hearing. Mosley may have felt he was safe to do so and justified it by 'it being in the best interests of the sport'. Only he knew everything that had been done to prevent the certainty of the Benetton team being excluded from the 1994 world championship for blatant cheating and endangering its mechanics' safety. But one other man also knew: George Carman QC, without whom his 'fix' could not have worked.

By Christian Sylt

Ten days before he died, on Christmas Eve 2000, George Carman, Britain's greatest ever QC, handed his son Dominic a watch. Carman, who knew he was dying, said: "I want you to have this. Take it.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
erm...

Who will read this?

anyone who's interested to find out how/why the FIA basically let benetton off the hook for cheating

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
very very interesting. took me 1/2 hour to read tho!!!!!

to all those schumacher conspiracers:

Meanwhile, Michael Schumacher and his manager Willi Weber were becoming upset. A few days after the Hungarian Grand Prix, Schumacher told German magazine Focus: "For me honesty is the most important thing. If it turns out that some wrong was done behind my back, that would be unacceptable.
It's just a part of Rubython vs FIA feud.I think...

[www.itv-f1.com]

Although i don't read the mole stuff but this one gives some insight.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
What is this about do they admit TC in it lol
This is incredible reading, and I'd advise everyone to read it. It's also a good reason why Ron Dennis has a deep mistrust of the FIA.

This is very interesting:

"One former Benetton mechanic, who now works at Williams, quipped: "The only thing we didn't have on the car was cruise control.

This is very interesting:

One former Benetton mechanic, who now works at Williams, quipped: "The only thing we didn't have on the car was cruise control.

Yeah,and Matchett's book means nothing to you.

give me break, i'm not saying Schumacher was definetely aware of it, no-one here knows that (although if they were running traction control then he certainly would have been) but Michael has always been obsessed with his public image, he's obviously going to release a press statement like that, it proves nothing.

And the fact that they renegociated the contract also means nothing...

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Matchett's book means nothing to you

I assume you mean that he doesn't say anything about them cheating in it, to be honest this doesn't surprise me at all as if you were in a team who won the championship by cheating and you knew about it its not going to do a great deal to you're credibility or you're future job prospects in F1 if you tell everyone about it.

sim thats far too long, delete this thread now

I assume you mean that he doesn't say anything about them cheating in it, to be honest this doesn't surprise me at all as if you were in a team who won the championship by cheating and you knew about it its not going to do a great deal to you're credibility or you're future job prospects in F1 if you tell everyone about it.

Nope.It's more like looking at things from another perspective.

Sorry but if a car has TC on it then the driver knows.

So there u go after 9 years we now know that 1994 was won in a car that was not legal, and it now been proven
And, what can we do?
FIA fuc*ed up 9 years back, we can't do anything about it.

"One former Benetton mechanic, who now works at Williams, quipped...

Williams was losing that season, and mechanic said, what frank told him to say.

It`s obvious what Ford thought of the situation, as the contract with team was not renewd and they go and pay for Renault V10`s. As for Walkinshaw, if there`s a stink, there`s usually a **** about!
Williams was losing that season, and mechanic said, what frank told him to say

first of all, why would he bother? everyone knows they cheated, secondly Frank is a racer and a gentleman (sounds a bit corny I know :) ) and he would never make someone say that

Well at least we know now, i thought 1994 could not get worst and it has.

Just a shame nothing can be done now

Post Edited (06-06-03 19:35)

So there u go after 9 years we now know that 1994 was won in a car that was not legal, and it now been proven

This article proves zilch about B194 being illegal.

yes it does oleg, a former worker saying it was

we all know it was anyway, it ran TC software and that was prooven

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
yes it does oleg, a former worker saying it was

You mean like the toilet cleaner at Williams saying that HHF was treated unfairly by JV

we all know it was anyway, it ran TC software and that was prooven

It was never proven that TC was used.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy