zanardi walks again

Posted by LS. 
zanardi walks again
Date: February 22, 2002 11:11AM
Posted by: LS.
Former F1 star Alex Zanardi has learnt to walk again with the help of his new prosthetic limbs.

Zanardi lost both legs in a horrendous ChampCar accident at the Lausitzring last September. He has since made a stunning recovery.

He stunned onlookers by standing up at an Italian awards ceremony at the end of last year and has since learned to walk again with his new artificial limbs.

He told the Gazzetta dello Sport: "The worst is behind me, now. It was not so easy, it took much patience to learn the use of the prosthesis.

"Now I will have to come back to the clinic just for normal controls and to be sure I make proper use of my prosthesis."

Zanardi also overcame an enormous psychological barrier when he went shopping last week.

He said: "For the first time since the incident I bought a pair of shoes. Sport shoes."

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: zanardi walks again
Date: February 22, 2002 02:32PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
im very glad, he definately derserves to be able to walk

Date: February 22, 2002 04:13PM
Posted by: _Alex_
That's really nice... :)

But I'm wondering why that bloke in the background is giving Schumi such an evil look? Is that you LS? ;-)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 22, 2002 04:28PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: February 22, 2002 06:31PM
Posted by: LS.
ROTFLMAO

ha ha, nice one alex mate :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 23, 2002 01:13PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

NO, it is me, but after that pic was taken i desperatly tried to shoot MS, then came men in white coats.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 23, 2002 02:37PM
Posted by: chris
I think its something to do with MS' suit!!! Its ugly! (but not as ugly as him! *joke*)
Chris J
Date: February 23, 2002 02:48PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

LOL, but if you watch the F1 and you see MS in 'non-uniform' you can see his dress sense is very very bad anyway, that suit is GOOD for MS standards ;)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 24, 2002 01:41PM
Posted by: dave
There was an article in F1 magazine showing MS in some of his dodgier outfits. Boy he really has bad dress sense. I wish I still had it so I could post it here.
Date: February 24, 2002 02:12PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
i know i saw it. nearly in every pic he was eating ice cream too! lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy