No more F1 for me (current at least)

Posted by elio2012 
No more F1 for me (current at least)
Date: October 23, 2020 09:59PM
Posted by: elio2012
F1, like other sports, has become so infested with politics that I dont want to watch anymore.
I am going to stick with watching old races from the 80s, 90s, etc and not waste my time. Makes me sad, but there you go.
Doesn't help that no one is able to really challenge Mercedes.

I am hoping that one day both those issues are gone away. But maybe other forms of motorsport will have taken over by then.

Only good thing right now is the new interesting tracks in use. But that is not enough.
Re: No more F1 for me (current at least)
Date: October 24, 2020 09:59AM
Posted by: thestig88
I totally understand.
Date: October 28, 2020 10:50PM
Posted by: jaguarcatalonia
So basically, you keep into F1, just not into actual races. Hope you keep playing GP4 anyways.
Date: October 29, 2020 08:04PM
oh yes, I am super into making mods for GP3, as much as ever, and I am working through watching the 1986 F1 season. Plenty of races to watch. Lets hopes in a few years new races are worth watching.
Date: November 12, 2020 01:12PM
Posted by: Isaint
Totally in agreement. Still have love for Gp4 and older seasons but to be honest cant remember last time I tuned into an F1 race. Its a complete farce.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: November 17, 2020 03:00PM
Posted by: quickslick
agreed too, i'm already no longer interested for a longer time in f1 and stepped back into the older seasons. i don't need this crap what they so called 'F1'
Date: November 23, 2020 11:39AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Yep, haven't watched a race in years, and don't think I ever will again. You can't undo the last ten years of 'progress' - halos, crap sounds, low engine capacity, faster and faster cars that take every corner flat and ruin circuits. F1 will never get any better than it is now, and it's currently the worst it has ever been.

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: December 02, 2020 07:40PM
Posted by: senna_fan_1983
You guys are all on my page - good posts. I'm 37 years old and totally agree.

Currently watching 1987, 100% races. Then it'll be more 80's and 90's F1 for me. Seen them many times but still can't get enough.

I'm from England so it's Murray Walker / James Hunt commentary. What a time to be alive!"Real F1".
Date: December 04, 2020 04:50PM
Posted by: Isaint
senna_fan_1983 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You guys are all on my page - good posts. I'm 37
> years old and totally agree.
>
> Currently watching 1987, 100% races. Then it'll be
> more 80's and 90's F1 for me. Seen them many times
> but still can't get enough.
>
> I'm from England so it's Murray Walker / James
> Hunt commentary. What a time to be alive!"Real
> F1".

100% Im from the UK too you're talking about an absolutely beautiful era. I do not recognise F1 anymore, never thought the day would come when I would just switch off completely but it has unfortunately.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: February 20, 2021 05:17AM
Posted by: blueoris
Yes, politics is crap, but for me is that F1 races are becoming more and more like a private school weekend sport event for rich kids/millennials to drive expensive cars around a track.
Date: April 05, 2021 01:35AM
THis year IS looking more promising. Go for it Verstappen and the Mclaren boys.
Would be good to see Hamilton call it a day too.
Date: April 07, 2021 11:11AM
Early days, but this year is looking a bit more interesting. Lets hope so.
Date: June 15, 2021 11:00AM
Posted by: Parachki
2021 looks promising, if you haven’t watched any race this season, you have missed quite a lot of stuff

Date: July 01, 2021 04:55PM
Posted by: livejackass
I understand, but I disagree. Formula 1 is much more fun to watch today. I don't think anyone on this forum likes old-fashioned motorsport more than I do. I really love the courage and bravery of the drivers from the 30's to the 90's, but comparing the entertainment, today's Formula 1 is much more interesting. It moves me a lot, sometimes it even brings me to tears... lol

Have a little good will, but if you're not all right too, Formula 1 is 70 years old and has many good races to see in addition to the unprecedented ones.

Greetings.
Date: August 03, 2021 11:18PM
Posted by: Soutsen
I like the current season too, and it is quite surprising, as I thought it would be another one of Hamiltons dominance. I quite like some modern drivers as Leclerc and Norris too - they are fine lads and good drivers.

Date: August 11, 2021 11:40AM
Posted by: danielepett
Buongiorno a tutti , piccolo(grosso)problema:mi si è rotto l'Hard disk con dentro alcuni giochi di GP4 , c'è nessuno che me li potrebbe passare, tipo 2019/20/21? o dove poterli scaricare? grazie a tutti per la risposta, daniele (danielepett@tiscali.it)
Date: August 14, 2021 08:53PM
Yes! F1 is much improved compared to when I started this thread. I am much encouraged.
I'd watch the races at the moment just see what young Lando Norris is up to! He is such a character.
And I can't wait to see Max get his first title. Would be even better if Ferrari could get their act together.
So ... much to be positive about.
Times change.

Elio
Date: September 25, 2021 03:46PM
Totally agree. Dunno what's the coming year is going to offer to us, I'm afraid it might be just Mercs topping again

Date: December 13, 2021 09:48AM
Season was good, but the finale was not that great to my taste. I'd prefer Lewis winning fair, instead of new Charlie Whiting replacer doing that horrible stuff like allowing some drivers to overtake Lewis and some others stay behind just for sake of allowing Verstappen to win... So bad really, like whoa. And I'm not a Ham fan even and prefer Max slightly more overall, but just saying how bad that decision was - and it was really-really bad sadly. But all the new bosses want is the 'show', not the fair racing, so nothing surprising really

Date: December 13, 2021 04:38PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Soutsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Season was good, but the finale was not that great
> to my taste. I'd prefer Lewis winning fair,
> instead of new Charlie Whiting replacer doing that
> horrible stuff like allowing some drivers to
> overtake Lewis and some others stay behind just
> for sake of allowing Verstappen to win... So bad
> really, like whoa. And I'm not a Ham fan even and
> prefer Max slightly more overall, but just saying
> how bad that decision was - and it was
> really-really bad sadly. But all the new bosses
> want is the 'show', not the fair racing, so
> nothing surprising really

+1 ...except that i am a Ham fan :) Of course Max deserved the title. But no one grants you that only because you deserved it. You simply have to prove that during a fair race. Instead we had an "americanized" F1.
One question : why Ham did not pit during VSC and SC ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy