Damon Hill joins Sky........

Posted by Beardless2 
Damon Hill joins Sky........
Date: February 27, 2002 04:57PM
Posted by: Beardless2
check it out, im quite pleased really,but if only i had digital..........

[www.skysports.com]

Re: Damon Hill joins Sky........
Date: February 28, 2002 09:51AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Pfffff..... they couldn't have found a better commentator to subtly slag Schumacher off at any chance. However, I don't see why he shouldn't be bad at all, he's a fairly decent bloke!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 28, 2002 11:08AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
*grinning from ear to ear as I have digital tv*

Yeah i think he will be quite good as a commentator, i doubt he will slag Schumacher off cause turning to commentating changes your views quite a bit

Date: February 28, 2002 03:19PM
Posted by: LS.
i think damon hill's coments will balance out the favouritism from james allen towards ferrari and schumacher

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 01, 2002 09:19AM
Posted by: andrew_S
james allen aint doing it, lol this is sky, anyway damon is too much a gentleman to be nasty or hold grudges
Date: March 01, 2002 10:41AM
Posted by: LS.
yeah i knew it was sky, but my comments were in reference to james allens bias towards ferrari,

Alex's comments were saying that hill would slag MS off, and i said it would balance out the above

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 01, 2002 12:01PM
Posted by: andrew_S
right i see, sorry for the misunderstanding
Date: March 02, 2002 04:46AM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
yeah ya gota understand james' situation..

he is trying very hard NOT to be biased to ferrari, but its soo hard when they are the best team with the best driver schumacher, and they keep winning :)

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC & GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: March 02, 2002 12:32PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

So your saying cos they win everyone wants to support them? So everyones a glory hunter then? God.....the arguments you can come up with make my head hurt

James is the worlds biggest kiss up, we always see it!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 11, 2014 10:18PM
Posted by: EC83
Think he's turned out to be quite good actually. After thinking he'd be a bad choice to join the team!

Date: May 11, 2014 11:20PM
Posted by: n00binio
you just wanted to set a new record for necrobumping, right? ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: May 12, 2014 03:53AM
No no, I...
Damn, is it that obvious? :P

Date: May 12, 2014 08:24AM
Posted by: gav
Happy thread resurrection week! :D

I think that somehow, he's managed to be as past it as Eddie Jordan. He seems to have little intellect into what happens in a modern F1 team or car. I mean, he's OK, but he's just... there.

Herbert's at least got a bit more spark and a zest for life. He might make a decent anchor man, being not entirely slimey (Lazenby needs to go far, far away as he's still utterly punchable (technical term)).

The only good bits of Sky's F1 team are Kravitz, Brundle and Croft (in that order), which are thankfully the only guys you really need to hear from. F1 broadcasting in the UK died again the moment the BBC team was pulled apart.
Date: May 12, 2014 11:00PM
Posted by: n00binio
EC83 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No no, I...
> Damn, is it that obvious? :P

;)
Also thanks for making me laugh :-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: May 13, 2014 12:02AM
Cheers. I try!

Kravitz is brilliant, and it's nip-and-tuck between him and Brundle for best Sky team member right now IMO, where before this year I would've chosen Martin without thinking twice. Crofty is not bad - the only better co commentator Martin has had is DC I think - but he's maybe only 90% of the way to being epic, if that makes any sense.
The worst by a mile is Lazenby, yep.

Oh yeah, and Ant works for them too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2014 12:19AM by EC83.
Date: May 14, 2014 01:10PM
Posted by: Briere
Yo Sup ;)
Date: May 14, 2014 01:52PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I still can't stand Hill, although that comes with some previous bias from his time racing in the late 90s I will have to admit.

On another note, watching the BBC's coverage over the weekend it simply reinforced what is wrong with SkyF1's coverage for me.

There is simply no personality to it, while the BBC's coverage, despite the butchering it received at the end of 2011, still flows with it.

While Sky caked on the Senna stuff for a week, I thought the BBC in just one piece covered it so much better. Credit where it is due, The Last Team-mate by Sky was excellent though.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: May 14, 2014 02:19PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I don't care about the personality, or the build-up, or any of that rubbish; I want to watch the races themselves.

So, that brings it down to the commentary. Crofty and Brundle just does it for me; Edwards and Coulthard just seems second-rate. Martin Brundle's dry wit and Crofty's "pub-chat" persona is more my cup of tea.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 14, 2014 03:00PM
Posted by: danm
You had me at 'Yo Sup' as well.

ROFLMFAO

Days of dudes gone by.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 15, 2014 12:08AM
Got to say, I've not watched any of the BBC coverage so far this season, and I've surprised myself - I think DC is a brilliant commentator, and Suzi Perry... Um, would make even better viewing if me and her were in the same place and by ourselves. But I've not missed any of that for some reason. I think there's no substitute for getting to see every race live really, and now I have my own flat and a personalized Virgin Media/Sky Sports subscription it wins hands down.
I'll try make an effort to catch up on the BBC coverage of various races soon though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy