Nick Heidfeld replaces Massa for China! CONFIRMED!

Posted by Slash 
Nick Heidfeld replaces Massa for China! CONFIRMED!
Date: April 01, 2012 08:11AM
Posted by: Slash
never saw it coming!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk
Nick Heidfeld's return to Formula One with the Ferrari team was confirmed on Saturday. Heidfeld was the frontrunner for the job after impressing Ferrari bosses duringsimulation runs at the Maranelo base last weekend.

Heidfeld said: "I would have liked to come back to Formula One in different circumstances, but I'm proud to have been given this chance.

"Everything has happened so quickly, but I've been very impressed by what I have seen so far in terms of the facilities and the dedication of the people at Enstone.

"I really enjoyed the test last week in Jerez and I've already settled in well with the guys at the track. I have a good feeling for the car, which is quite innovative. I'm extremely motivated and can't wait for the season to begin."

Massa has driven for Ferrari since 2006 and missed out on the championship by a single point to Lewis Hamilton two years later.
The 29-year-old suffered a near-fatal crash in Hungary last year but made his return to racing this season and currently sits seventh in the drivers' standings ahead of this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix
"I am happy to be given the opportunity to drive for Ferrari for a further two seasons," Massa said in a statement released by Ferrari.
"Throughout my entire Formula One career, I have always raced with an engine made in Maranello and it is a matter of pride for me to be able to continue working with a team that I regard as a second family."
Massa, who signed for Ferrari in 2001 before being farmed out for two stints at Sauber, had been widely expected to leave the Scuderia at the end of the season, with Renault's Robert Kubica in the frame to take his seat.

Happy April Fool's Day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2012 10:06AM by Slash.
Re: Nick Heidfeld replaces Massa for China! CONFIRMED!
Date: April 01, 2012 10:09AM
Posted by: J i m
You're going to have to try harder than that ;)

I just came here before visiting any F1 sites so I will admit you got me momentarily! ;)

It's already night here and I haven't really seen any other April Fools's jokes, so my defences weren't up! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
I wish this wasn't an April Fool...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: April 01, 2012 07:27PM
Posted by: danm
Should have tried harder with the Enstone bit! Bad fail!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 01, 2012 07:29PM
Posted by: IWE
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish this wasn't an April Fool...

+1

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 01, 2012 07:46PM
Posted by: Slash
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Should have tried harder with the Enstone bit! Bad
> fail!

hahaha i just copy & paste old news.. wasn't planning on spending too much time on it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy