Does anyone have a spare £40k?
Date: December 14, 2011 11:02AM
Posted by: fongu
Someone is selling a 2001 Jordan on Ebay

[www.ebay.co.uk]

Re: Does anyone have a spare £40k?
Date: December 14, 2011 02:17PM
Posted by: danm
I expect HRT to buy it. And Gasgoyne's Toyota/Caterham team to add a 2012 spec front wing and pass it off.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 14, 2011 02:38PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I expect HRT to buy it. And Gasgoyne's
> Toyota/Caterham team to add a 2012 spec front wing
> and pass it off.

it'll probably go faster than both those teams hahaha
Date: December 14, 2011 03:09PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
At least they actually bothered to fix it after Alesi's crash at Suzuka 2001 - maybe that explains the lack of a full livery on the nose! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 14, 2011 03:14PM
Posted by: J i m
I just love that it's in some surburbian back yard.

Daytona Milton Keynes Kart track also have one of these, but the livery is messed up on theirs and also had mis-matching Bridgestone and Goodyear tyres.

Date: December 19, 2011 01:25AM
Posted by: EC83
...And nobody bought it in the end :-/

Date: December 22, 2011 11:30AM
Well there is a recession going on don't ya know ;), I would have quite liked a 1:1 scale car for my modest collection but my budget doesn't stretch very far.

Date: December 28, 2011 05:25PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
That's the same chassis that Alesi crashed into Kimi in the Japanese race. That's probably why there's new nose on there without any decals!

Edit: LOL, just saw t'other post above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 06:13PM by loque.
Date: December 28, 2011 06:43PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Thing is, if I ever bought it I'd squeeze it in the living room and just sit in it. Forever.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: December 29, 2011 01:52PM
Posted by: senninho
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Thing is, if I ever bought it I'd squeeze it in
> the living room and just sit in it. Forever.

I was going to agree, but it's clearly begging for a decent wheel and PC to be plumbed into it.

...actually, I'd still end up sitting in it forever.

Date: December 29, 2011 02:25PM
senninho Wrote:
> Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thing is, if I ever bought it I'd squeeze it in
> > the living room and just sit in it. Forever.
>
> I was going to agree, but it's clearly begging for
> a decent wheel and PC to be plumbed into it.
>
> ...actually, I'd still end up sitting in it
> forever.

Hersey! What it wants is entry into EUROBOSS or something.

Date: January 03, 2012 04:03AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
they had one of theses in blackpool on the Jordan F1 Car ride not sure if its still there.
Date: January 03, 2012 10:39AM
Never a Jordan, but there was a time about 10 years ago when every year for a few years an F1 car was put on show for a few days in the main shopping centre in Dundee city centre. It was always a couple of years out of date with the PR crew trying to pass it off as the current model, and I always made a point of pointing out to them what the various fatal flaws were in their mock-up. I particularly took amusement from pointing out the shortcomings of their display in 2003, when they had an early-season spec Benetton B201 in Renault colours. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 10:41AM by EC83.
Date: January 03, 2012 12:10PM
Lol.. Yeah they'd be relying on the casual viewer who doesn't pay attention to detail.

It's like the Williams FW15c the Dongington Museam have, they claim it's the very chassis that Damon Hill used to finish the race 2nd with, just like they claim the Mclaren MP4/8 is the very one Senna one with.

Even if this is true it's easy to point out that they aren't exactly in Donington spec, the Wlliams has the maximum downforce wing package used at Monaco and Hungary for starters :P

Date: January 03, 2012 12:19PM
Yeah, the double-decker rear wing used on the high downforce tracks at that time is an outrageous giveaway :D

I remember in the summer of 2002, they were displaying a Ferrari F1-2000 and claiming it was the same chassis Rubens had raced at Interlagos that year. I don't think they appreciated being shot down in flames. :P

Date: January 03, 2012 02:45PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I love this kind of pedantry...exactly what I would do :)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 03, 2012 04:35PM
Posted by: fongu
I remember when Jenson drove the MP4/23 in Manchester late last year, they tried to pass that off as the current model, but someone soon corrected them.

I'm not sure about the museum models, it may not be the spec that raced at such a specific GP - probably throwing on whatever spare parts they had left, but they might be referring to the chassis number that raced at those GPs

Date: January 03, 2012 04:44PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I'm pretty sure that the FW15C in the Donington collection could be the same one used at Donington 93

Hill only used 2 chassis all year so, could be a possibility that he used it at Donington, and then later at Monaco perhaps

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: January 03, 2012 11:06PM
Posted by: soulbringer
wonder whether that brick holding front wing, (or whole nose part maybe?) is included in price or do you need to pay extra for that one :-)
Date: January 27, 2012 09:57PM
Posted by: slicer
My question is, where do you keep a formula one car? Put your normal car outside of the garage for a while?

You really can't do anything with it unless you have a trailer and a nearby road course. Then you would have to find fuel, and good luck with spare parts, because I doubt the average citizen is able to not wreck the car on the outlap, especially when sitting ontop of a V10.

Though I do remember watching a vid of some 16 year old kid driving his dad's Benetton F1 car around Road America (or one of those courses, I can never remember). So basically only the insanely rich get to have fun.

-------------------------------------------------
Yes, thank you for noticing I am the most amazing being in the galaxy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy