Stewards & Ferrari

Posted by mick_schumacher 
Stewards & Ferrari
Date: September 27, 2011 10:20AM
Posted by: mick_schumacher
Dear Stewards,

Please stop @#$%& the "racing" by reprimanding or punishing the drivers if they clash while racing. By punishing them you are stopping them from racing which goes against the spirit of motor racing. To be honest with you my friends, I'm sick and tired of stewards punishing drivers like Hamilton and Michael who are a lot of fun to watch.

And Ferrari if you want to start winning and see the good old days of Schumacher era, please get "RID" of Massa and that piece of @#$%& called "Stefano Domenicali".

Thats my 2 cents.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 04:49PM by mick_schumacher.
Re: Stewarts & Ferrari
Date: September 27, 2011 01:20PM
Posted by: danm

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Re: Stewards & Ferrari
Date: September 27, 2011 04:17PM
cool, danm.

Hell I was so pissed off that I wrote "Stewarts" in anger, not once but twice.

Date: September 27, 2011 07:13PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Haha, mint.

You're right though, Massa needs to go. They should have used their vast wealth to secure Kubica or Vettel to partner Alonso in there by now. Madness.
Date: September 27, 2011 07:13PM
Posted by: Carlitox
First: Hamilton deserved the penalty because the contact, accidental or not, ruined Massa's race. The fight between Hamilton and Schumacher at Monza was perfectly legal, IF there was contact (which I think there wasn't) it wasn't "fatal" for neither of them. That is the kind of racing that should be encouraged, contact, but not taking away somebody. Hamilton tends to be driven very easily by anger, the Monaco GP was the clear evidence (not only damaging Massa's car but also Maldonado's and then his statement to the press, "maybe it's 'cause I'm black";).

Second: Massa has had a very tough luck this season. ATTENTION, I'm not saying he is not responsible for his being so far behind Alonso in the championship just because he's unlucky, he has ruined it's own races in occasions, such as the Belgian GP (same example I put in the Singapore GP thread), where he was clearly faster than Rosberg, still he couldn't overtake him. But see what happened in Montreal (he was clearly beating Alonso but Karthikeyan didn't let him pass, forcing him to the wet side of the road where he lost control), in Silverstone (a good race ruined in the pits, as many times happened for him, but only once for Alonso) or the last GP.

Third: Ferrari won't start winning again until they get to design a really good car with better reliability, stability and speed. If you pay attention the situation is similar to the old MSC days, a former two-time champion and "the other driver". Then why aren't they winning now? Isn't Alonso skillful enough to beat Vettel? Of course he is. Massa was too, but his driving style changed drastically since his accident. He doesn't take so many risks now, sadly.

Fourth: I agree with what you said about Domenicali.

Sorry to be so critical ;) but that is my view of Ferrari's situation.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: September 27, 2011 08:09PM
Posted by: gav
F1 isn't just a sport, it's a business. Points would be worth millions of pounds if a team couldn't score any others in a season (think of one of the new teams). If one of those drivers were knocked out of a points scoring position by another driver, then it wouldn't just be a sporting issue, but one of business and potentially livelihoods. That's a bit melodramatic, but it could happen.

Of course, I'd hope that most would feel that punting a driver out of the way, or ruining their race because you couldn't race cleanly is also horribly unsporting and equally deserves to be penalised. If not, what's the point of referees or umpires in sport?

Regarding Massa, I said last year he shouldn't be in that car. Whether he just can't live with Alonso or whether he's not been the same since Hungary '09, I'm undecided, but he ended up ahead of Hamilton after their clash, yet finished around a minute behind him. Now, I'm not pretending that the Ferrari was as quick as the McLaren on Sunday - it wasn't - but that's the story of Massa's past two years, give or take one or two races.
Date: September 27, 2011 09:34PM
Posted by: elemental
Always felt Massa was kind of a waste of an F1 seat. Irvine almost won a championship once too y'know. Hoping that contract for 2012 proves as firm as Heidfeld's Renault one.

Disagree about the stewards. Think their decisions (on penalties and refraining from penalising) has generally been rather good recently.
Date: September 27, 2011 11:00PM
Di Resta / Perez / Kobyashi to Ferrari. Job done.

Date: September 27, 2011 11:38PM
Posted by: Slash
Di Resta has something no other driver in F1 has, you can't tell what it is but you can feel it.. he's going to scare people soon....

about Massa, i think he's just mentally weak... he's far from his best form, but it's probably down to Alonso... the guy is just too awesome, and in Ferrari they give him 100% support.. they know he's their chance!

Massa needs to wake up, otherwise i don't see him finishing next season, which would be a shame as the only driver of the past decade to get fired in the middle of the season on the top teams was Montoya
Date: September 27, 2011 11:42PM
More politics:

di Resta is Mercedes' baby, Perez has some sort of pay driver deal with Sauber (not exactly but something's going on) and Kobayashi, I love him but he's not Ferrari material.

Kubica, however... another story. If Ferrari had got their finger out and bought him out of that Renault seat then he probably wouldn't have almost died rallying. Although, Ferrari gave Kimi the run of the world so I dunno.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 11:43PM by loque.
Date: September 28, 2011 12:33AM
Posted by: Guimengo
No top driver will go to Ferrari, Alonso has that team locked behind him. I'd love to see Kamui move up the field but going to Ferrari he'd never have any chances as Alonso is there. Basically only go to Ferrari if you don't have hopes of winning anything, ever.
Date: September 28, 2011 12:34AM
So then what happened with Massa in 2008? :P
Date: September 28, 2011 01:22AM
Posted by: chet
Was having a drunk conversation with some Italians the other night about Ferrari, F1, and generally how Italy see Alonso, and Ferrari.

Stefano apparently is not big over there. As ever with Ferrari when there is a lack of success someone has to go, and these young engineers seemed to think it would be Stefano getting the kick if next year follows a similar pattern. We saw how quick Chris Dyer was gone, despite all his success with Schumacher. Ferrari have to look like they are doing something, and something big. Apparently Jean Todts appparent more hands on approach was what the Italians loved. His former rally success as a driver and manager was enough to justify his position, yet they feel Stefano has not earned his right, and only seems to have a mind for business, not racing as a business.

But yeah, replace Massa. He's had his go at Ferrari and a top car. He was unlucky in 2008, then Alonso, and his accident have killed any other chance IMO. Send him to another team and he'll do wonders I think.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 28, 2011 09:09AM
Well, while Eddie was there Schumi didn't win a championship and as soon as Barrichello came on-board, we all know what happened.

Similarly I think Massa doesn't bring good luck to the team or perhaps to Fernando, so some other driver might bring some more luck.

Date: September 28, 2011 12:23PM
Word spreading Rory Bryne is back, full time for 2012 Ferrari tweaking.

On top of that, I am curious to see what Flavio's plans are. He still manages Alonso, don't forget.

Date: September 28, 2011 04:39PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Massa needs to wake up, otherwise i don't see him
> finishing next season, which would be a shame as
> the only driver of the past decade to get fired in
> the middle of the season on the top teams was
> Montoya

Well there was Badoer...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 28, 2011 04:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Where has these rumours of di Resta to Ferrari come from? I've seen them about it, but don't understand it. He's been a Mercedes driver for longer than a lot of people have been F1 fans, and there's a reason he's in a Force India.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 28, 2011 08:09PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Di Resta will end up as a replacement for Hamilton or Button, the first of them who decide to go. Perez is the most possible replacement for Massa, he's a member of the Drivers' Academy and Ferrari and Sauber have been cooperating before the BMW adventure (1997-2005 and 2010-onwards I think).

But I totally agree with Guimengo, Ferrari was never fond of intense teammate rivalries. There has always been a leader (Alonso, Schumacher, Berger, Alboreto) and the other driver (Massa, Barrichello, Irivine, Alesi, Capelli, Johansson). The last two times there were equal conditions for both drivers were 1979-1983 (Gilles Villeneuve with Scheckter and Pironi and others) and 2007-2009 (Massa and Kimi). But imagine both Massa and Alonso fighting for the title. That won't happen, even if Felipe magically recovers from this. The one with more points at a certain time will be given the best car, mechanics and strategies.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: September 28, 2011 08:27PM
Posted by: gav
Carlitox
Di Resta will end up as a replacement for Hamilton or Button, the first of them who decide to go.

Or for Schumacher. I think he's more Mercedes than McLaren.

Barring another Button bombshell, I can't see McLaren changing their drivers for a while yet.
Date: September 29, 2011 02:37PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Hamilton's probably the one most likely to leave McLaren at the moment, but there are no obvious spaces for him apart from possibly Red Bull in 2013.

I think Mercedes might push Hulkenberg into that Force India seat for 2012 as I think it's a shootout between him and Di Resta for the Mercedes seat when Schumacher retires.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy