List of F1 cars in museums

Posted by Dahie 
List of F1 cars in museums
Date: September 01, 2011 07:49PM
Posted by: Dahie
Hello

As you many know many F1 cars end up in museums. At CTDP we are currently trying to find some of the smaller teams cars of 1994 and where they ended up. We started to compile a list of motorsports and automobile museums and collecting the cars exhibited in each. Some museums and collections are rather well-known like the one in Donington, but I wonder if here are people who could help to collect more museums where F1 cars are on display.

We opened an Etherpad document for anyone to edit and help. It's WIP at the moment. Obviously I think such a list is interesting for any Modder or F1-Fan, so when we feel the list is rather complete we will release it in our blog. I posted some more details about the plan there.

So have a look, if you are interested and think you can help.

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2011 07:50PM by Dahie.
Re: List of F1 cars in museums
Date: September 02, 2011 07:02PM
Posted by: loren
The site [www.f1carstoday.net] has a lot of this type of info, but is not totally complete.
Date: September 02, 2011 07:30PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Also, based on the link to the NZ museum, it seems those cars were only on temporary display, and seem to not be there any more.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 02, 2011 07:47PM
Posted by: Dahie
I found F1carstoday as well and it is a good source, but nowhere near complete and completely ignores museums. So I don't think our list is competing and has a different purpose.

@SchueyFan: Hm, yeah I wasn't sure based on the website. Is noted where the models went to afterwards?

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy