Singapore

Posted by Tommy40F1 
Singapore
Date: September 17, 2017 03:28PM
Posted by: Tommy40F1
Damn - I hate the guys who want to win the race in first corner....
When will the dutch Ceese learn this ?(N)
Re: Singapore
Date: September 17, 2017 04:15PM
Posted by: Soutsen
[www.youtube.com]
ye ye the dutch cheese runned into 2 ferraris that's for sure, thanx for your report. do you write blogs about f1? i'd like to subscribe.

Date: September 17, 2017 08:51PM
Posted by: Vader
Vettel directly apologized over the radio for causing a collision. First I was also all like "Verstappen is being a little f'*cker again", but admittedly Vettel pulled over to block him, on the other side was Raikönnen so where shoud he have gone? I would classify it as a typical first corner racing incident, but I wouldn't blame Jos on this one.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 01:53PM by Vader.
Date: September 17, 2017 09:19PM
Posted by: gav
Vettel caused the crash, but he had no way of knowing Raikkonen was there. It was just a racing incident.

Sadly it has very likely decided the championship.

It was a terribly boring race afterwards - a race that had promised so much too.

Vader
but I wouldn't blame Jos on this one

No, whoever was at fault it certainly wasn't Jos.
Date: September 18, 2017 01:56PM
Posted by: Vader
gav
Vader

Can't prove me wrong on that one.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 19, 2017 03:47PM
Posted by: Tommy40F1
Seb was defeating his position in front of the Red Bull. He covered rule confirm- of course changing direction once, as it is a rule.
The RB has breaks as well, so in my mind, he caused the collision...

Greetings
from a very disappointed Ferrari-Fan
Date: September 19, 2017 05:42PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
Well, I'm not sure if Max Vestappen breaked or lifted or if he didn't. But after Vettel came so far over he had no chance to avoid collision. It was described quite nicely somewhere on I believe F1fanatic. Verstappen's and Raikkonen's wheels were interlocked. That means he breaks -> Raikkonen drives over his left front wheel. He lifts -> Raikkonen drives over his left front wheel. He stays on the gas -> Vettel goes into him. He steers to the right -> Vettel goes into him. He steers to the left -> Raikkonen goes into him.

So every option ends with Verstappen and a Ferrari crashing. I can't see how Verstappen could be guilty at all at that point, since Vettel could have easily prevented the accident by not driving diagonally over the track. That said it is a racing incident. Even if Vettel is to blame he got his punishment quite fast.

Edit: Also, as was pointed out before as well, Vettel had no way of seeing Raikkonen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 05:42PM by xSilvermanx.
Date: September 19, 2017 10:25PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
Oh why oh why oh why... do the journalists not produce great content but instead waste space with "hamilton stops meat", "mclaren french cuisine" bla bl..

There are fantastic examples from the sport's history:

- alonso vs vettel singapore 2010 start: Alonso was at least as pushy as vettel on sunday, however there was not third car there.

- raikkonen, ralf, barrichello hockenheim 2010 start: 100% copy

- schumacher fisichella hockenheim 2000 start: schumacher moved as ruthlessly as vettel did

All those examples just prove that the best drivers in the world have been involved in such incidents. No one is to blame. Why do journalists not extract those examples from the history and analyse: what happeneed, why it hapenned, what were the penalties/ decisions/ judgemets after that etc. etc.

Fact is: vettel was too aggressive
Fact is: verstappen was the only one who sees the two cars. And he was able to avoid the incident if he lifted EARLIER. However as he said in his post race interview "i am glad that now we are all out, so not only I have pain". the little brat just did not want to brake and loose 3 - 4 places.
Fact is: raikonnen had over 1 meter to the left side AND he knew vettel is on the right side. However, it would have been stupid to give positions after what was such an awesome start.
Date: September 25, 2017 12:17AM
Posted by: Morbid
Doesn't matter if Max Verstappen moved around, braked or didn't. It doesn't matter if Kimi didn't have a straight line. Since the inception of the "Schumi chop" it has been argued, that if you move over on another car on a straight, and you force that car to move or have a crash, then you are to blame, unlike in a corner trajectory (which is weirdly a punishable offense!!!).

Until now, most of those challenged have opted to move, which has rendered the debate a non-issue. When no one opts to stand firm, there is never a basis for a ruling, since there never is an issue.

Enter Singapore this year, where Vettel does not know where Kimi is, and there is NOTHING Max Verstappen can do, as tyres are interlocked. Literally the only option was to vanish into thin air, which of course is impossible.

Vettel brought this on himself. This has more than a decade of runup, and has spawned clone moves well down in the feeder series, but in the end the outcome is undeniable. This sh!t should have been banned from the very start.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy