The Robert Kubica story

Posted by Laton 
The Robert Kubica story
Date: June 15, 2017 10:16PM
Posted by: Laton
So. When Roberto came to do a private test at Renault he said it was bittersweet because it made him realise what he'd lost.

However, Renault have publicly said that "the pace is there" for a return.

It would be bloody brilliant to see Kubica back... could he replace Palmer? What're your thoughts??
Re: The Robert Kubica story
Date: June 16, 2017 10:02AM
Posted by: robracer
It would be great to see him back in F1 but I doubt he would be competitive to be honest.
Date: June 16, 2017 09:32PM
Posted by: J i m
It's a long shot.

But if anyone could do it then it's him. And it'd make a great story.

Date: June 17, 2017 10:28AM
Posted by: gav
While I think a full-time return to F1 is fantasy, you have to think he would be not too far off of Palmer with enough track time. F1 has changed so much since his accident though, and I think it would be hard for him to return, irrespective of the condition of his arm, and be truly competitive with a driver such as Hulkenberg.

Now we know single-seaters are a realistic possibility though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in an Indycar within the next couple of years.
Date: June 18, 2017 05:07AM
Posted by: Frantic
I dont see a return to F1 as something utopic. Apparently the reason he dropped the LMP1 drive was this test and further schedule for Renault. I dont think the team would bother so much only to do him a favour. There is no smoke without a fire

I think he will get at least friday outings. Some journalists said that he was faster than Sirotkin the other day! Regarding a full-time drive. If it has to happen it wont be mid-season this year as some are suggesting. But we can dream for 2018...

It would be the biggest comeback to motorsport since Zanardi, and in F1 since Lauda. And dont get my wrong, I dont want to sound soulless, but Liberty Media would love this. The hype is already huge

Date: June 23, 2017 09:43PM
Posted by: KimiHeikki
Frantic écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont see a return to F1 as something utopic.
> Apparently the reason he dropped the LMP1 drive
> was this test and further schedule for Renault. I
> dont think the team would bother so much only to
> do him a favour. There is no smoke without a fire
>
> I think he will get at least friday outings. Some
> journalists said that he was faster than Sirotkin
> the other day! Regarding a full-time drive. If it
> has to happen it wont be mid-season this year as
> some are suggesting. But we can dream for 2018...
>
>
> It would be the biggest comeback to motorsport
> since Zanardi, and in F1 since Lauda. And dont get
> my wrong, I dont want to sound soulless, but
> Liberty Media would love this. The hype is already
> huge

He only dropped that LMP1 drive because he noticed of how unprofesional ByKolles were...
Date: July 24, 2017 11:52AM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Renault Sport F1 have just confirmed Robert Kubica post-Hungarian GP testing. Day two, R.S.17, along with Nicholas Latifi. Sounds unbelievable...
Date: August 05, 2017 10:04AM
Posted by: J i m
I think the major factor remaining in the way of a comeback now is no longer his ultimate ability but the actual opportunity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy