Official 2017 Spanish Grand Prix **SPOILERS with BIG NUMBERS**

Posted by Frantic 
Well he we are again.

up-to-date Track image and race data

Yesterday Mercedes has shown some pictures of hoy their numbers look. Added names and flag in shark fin, and Bottas´ 77 is blue now.

here are some pictures of the added numbers and stuff. (Love how Ferrari went for a ´70s style).

Also Williams is using Arial Bold now.

Red Bull has stolen their decals from Dale Earnhardt Sr.

And Force India ran out of place and just put it anywhere it fits

Also, time for car updates. Some are saying Merc´s upgrades are massive.
Hoping for a good race.

Another Honda combustion engine let go for Alonso in FP1.

Honda said it was an oil leak, everyone else seems to think there was a rather large hole in the bottom of the unit thanks to a conrod punching through it!
and he qualified on 7th :-o
i mean, what the heck? he is surely kind of a wizard ;)

> and he qualified on 7th :-o
> i mean, what the heck? he is surely kind of a
> wizard ;)

Or Honda can produce a handful of laps with a maxxed out engine, but don't have the reliability to do it in practice sessions and in the race.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Hamilton won but Ferrari messed up on strategy. Vettel should have won considering he had track position and really good race pace. Either way, this should be a close fight for the rest of the season.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or Honda can produce a handful of laps with a
> maxxed out engine, but don't have the reliability
> to do it in practice sessions and in the race.

Yes, but still so much better than Vandoorne :-o

It was an excellent race, not just by 2017 standards but modern standards. Great close racing helped by the varying strategy, and all the better that it involved the leading two. Vettel and Hamilton haven't really ever gone head-to-head much so all the better for it, and they each gave as good as the other.

slider
Hamilton won but Ferrari messed up on strategy. Vettel should have won considering he had track position and really good race pace. Either way, this should be a close fight for the rest of the season.

Other than getting Vettel out behind Ricciardo (who he cleared quickly anyway) Ferrari were a bit hamstrung by the VSC. They couldn't pit if Hamilton didn't, and Mercedes deliberately waited until the end of the VSC was about to end before pulling Hamilton in (ensuring he moved onto the softs at a point where Ferrari couldn't cover it). If the VSC had ended 10 seconds before he pitted then he wouldn't have come in.

That said, if Hamilton's tyres had gone off a couple of laps later then he'd never have passed Vettel - it was then or never.
Indeed, it was a really great race - can't hope for much more than that - and even more special to happen at a track such as Barcelona.

As I have mentioned previously, it really is terrible that pitstops are allowed during VSC - why allow teams to get an advantage out of pitting during it as we have seen several times?

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan
As I have mentioned previously, it really is terrible that pitstops are allowed during VSC - why allow teams to get an advantage out of pitting during it as we have seen several times?

Yeah it's not like the years where refuelling was banned behind the safety car - unless a car has a puncture (and they can demonstrate so), then there's no reason why pitting behind the VSC needs to be allowed.

Mind, it did make for that epic battle into turn 1.

For the record I think Vettel was fully justified in pushing Hamilton off in a way Hamilton has done to Rosberg so many times in the past few years (and Rosberg tried to start doing it to Hamilton last year too). If they permitted it since 2014 I don't see why it was even noted yesterday and I'm pleased that no action was taken - though I do wonder if the "no action warranted" was a result of Hamilton having already passed Vettel by then and that Vettel might have been punished had Hamilton still been behind.
I'm in two minds about the pitting under VSC.. it has potential to really screw up someone's race but at the same time rolling the dice and getting a lucky break during a safety car period has long been a part of F1 and rescue a race as well as it ruin it.

This was a brilliant race... Packed with incident.. Strategy and wheel to wheel action.. It was great to see all the incidents get 'no further action warranted' except for Vandoorne which was clumsy but harsh considering everyone else got away with their misendeavours.

This is shaping up to be a pretty epic championship.. It could be nip and tuck all year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy