Official 2017 Chinese Grand Prix **SPOILERS with added WEATHER UNCERTAINTIES**

Posted by madotter 
After a Scuderia winning weekend, here we go for round 2!

Reduced P1, cancelled P2 but everything else to plan?

Can Ferrari carry on with winning ways or will Mercedes come back to what we've known for a few years? Let the predictions begin!
Vettel quicker than the mercs on the harder compound!!!:-O
So, probably this will be the first time the wet standing start rule is going to be applied. Is it me or the cars standing in the clean side of the main straight will have some advantage?

Edit: ok i think what i wrote is totally pointless now. Consequence of being tired (3am here)!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 07:45AM by Frantic.
3rd grand slam in hamilton's career = tiffosi's hopes crashed. bottas can't pressure him enough i think, so ham is a world champion this year already in my eyes.

Sainz, Alonso and Verstappen were all stunning. Alonso is really relishing the challenge this season.

Terrible error by Bottas and once more Ferrari's strategy let them down (while the safety car hampered Vettel it also saved him losing time while the track dried, as I think he was going to go backwards in a hurry if Giovinazzi hadn't binned it (again)). Good fighting through from Vettel though.
Alonso's continual need to self-promote is getting pretty annoying however

X (@ed24f1)
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sainz, Alonso and Verstappen were all stunning.

Did we see the same race? Sainz yes, Alonso, yeah, made the best of it but Verstappen? Threw the car away when Vettel was overtaking him, did another move under breaking manouvre against Riccardo and kept whining like Vettel about Grosjean not moving out of his way although he was still miles away. Pathetic, to say the least.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 10:21PM by Vader.
Vader Wrote:
> gav Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sainz, Alonso and Verstappen were all stunning.
>
> Did we see the same race? Sainz yes, Alonso, yeah,
> made the best of it but Verstappen? Threw the car
> away when Vettel was overtaking him, did another
> move under breaking manouvre against Riccardo and
> kept whining like Vettel about Grosjean not moving
> out of his way although he was still miles away.
> Pathetic, to say the least.

100% agree with Vader.
Vader Wrote:
> gav Wrote:
> -----
> > Sainz, Alonso and Verstappen were all stunning.
>
> Did we see the same race? Sainz yes, Alonso, yeah,
> made the best of it but Verstappen? Threw the car
> away when Vettel was overtaking him, did another
> move under breaking manouvre against Riccardo and
> kept whining like Vettel about Grosjean not moving
> out of his way although he was still miles away.
> Pathetic, to say the least.

He did get a podium despite starting 16th, and many of those cars he overtook (I'm relying on memory here, but I think he was 7th after the first lap).

I'll grant you that he had a touch of luck with the safety car closing things up and did throw it away against Vettel , but it was still an excellent result.
gav Wrote:
> Vader Wrote:
> -----
> > gav Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Sainz, Alonso and Verstappen were all
> stunning.
> >
> > Did we see the same race? Sainz yes, Alonso,
> yeah,
> > made the best of it but Verstappen? Threw the
> car
> > away when Vettel was overtaking him, did
> another
> > move under breaking manouvre against Riccardo
> and
> > kept whining like Vettel about Grosjean not
> moving
> > out of his way although he was still miles
> away.
> > Pathetic, to say the least.
>
> He did get a podium despite starting 16th, and
> many of those cars he overtook (I'm relying on
> memory here, but I think he was 7th after the
> first lap).
>
> I'll grant you that he had a touch of luck with
> the safety car closing things up and did throw it
> away against Vettel , but it was still an
> excellent result.

The boy has a lot of talent and raw speed, no question. I just don't like his attitude. I don't like Vettel's or Hamilton's either, btw.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Vader
The boy has a lot of talent and raw speed, no question. I just don't like his attitude. I don't like Vettel's or Hamilton's either, btw.

Yup, 100% agree there. I've been very critical of him in the past, and Red Bull for introducing him so young, and he's unquestionably made some dangerous moves (how he didn't go stratospheric at Monaco I've no idea).
Verstappen started back in 16th place, he showed good pace, made some fantastic overtaking manoeuvres and did very well to keep Ricciardo behind him in the end. He drove a great race and deserved to be on the podium, to say otherwise just because you don't like him is rather silly.
robracer Wrote:
> Verstappen started back in 16th place, he showed
> good pace, made some fantastic overtaking
> manoeuvres and did very well to keep Ricciardo
> behind him in the end. He drove a great race and
> deserved to be on the podium, to say otherwise
> just because you don't like him is rather silly.

Calling others silly because of their opinion is rather silly.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
yes, its the problem of having audio conversations between team and driver being provided to us. since the 1st time i heard them crying and swearing about each other it has chaged my mind about how I depicted a f1 driver. now every one of them looks like a giant crybaby in my eyes. obviously they don't have much time to chose the words and be polite when driving these cars and trying their hardest on achieve their best, and also it may be as well that the drivers of the past acted pretty much the same, but there was just no option for tv-spectators to hear their team radio at that time. i agree that vettel looks the most embarrasing from this point of view with his constant bitching, for example in mexico last year (or in malaysia 2013 before he overtook webber - i will remember it forever), and verstappen also sounds the same pretty often, but i can remember such attitude with complains/swearings/asking to speak with Charlie (lol) and so on from every driver, if i think about it. so yeah, team radio ruins part of the joy of watching modern f1 for me too, and i just try to ignore it. i mean, obviously vettel, verstappen, hamilton and alonso (tho it is hard to tell his natural ability because of the car lacks pace) are the best drivers at the moment, whatever they say.

I don't think ALonso has to prove anyone about his natuiral ability anymore. Vettel and Hamilton have mostly been driving superior cars for years so everything but a podium is a let down. Plus the teams are build around them, so this might explain the "underperformance" of Räikkönen and Bottas, though it is no excuse.

Verstappen started from 16 in a car that might not be up to par with the front runners, but still is miles ahead of most of the field. Together with his raw speed and sometimes downright dangerous "f*ck the rest" attitude he was also expected to finish way better than he started. I'm not saying his achievement in the race was no big deal, but he made some stupid mistakes again. And he keeps being dangerous to those who race him. Probably because he hasn't fully understood that this is no PS3 game with a reset button, but a sport that can kill (and has killed) people. Remember, there are just two kinds of racers - those who have crashed big time and those who will. Maybe Verstappen will understand it some day.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy