The Official 2017 Formula One Season *Bahrain Results*

Posted by madotter 
Re: The Official 2017 Formula One Season
Date: February 24, 2017 10:41AM
Posted by: gav
Rumours are that they're already planning a B revision later in the year, but who knows whether there's any substance to that.

As for now, it's hard to tell just how funky the front of the side pods are with all of the appendages and winglets, but that looks like it's the most bizarre (read: awesome) layout I've seen... perhaps ever.

Shark fin it's too offensive, even in white. McLaren have one too, as a tweet from Boullier clearly showed.
Date: February 24, 2017 10:53AM
Posted by: Excalibur
There is a little something from the F2008-B version (shark fin) :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: February 24, 2017 11:02AM
Posted by: Isaint
robracer

I understand what you are saying and I agree. Feel a little let down in terms of what was promised. Also you are right the cars do look longer .... the wideness not so evident.

All these twirly bits and shark fins???? I mean we already went through that faze. Thought like you said, we were going to see something spectacular ... these cars are not that.

Shame ......

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: February 24, 2017 12:06PM
Posted by: robracer
The new McLaren is a Marussia! :-O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 12:13PM by robracer.
Date: February 24, 2017 12:08PM
Posted by: Laton
No McLaren, nope nope nope nope nope. Looks like a Marussia. The actual chassis looks nice, especially the front wing, but the colours are hideous.
Date: February 24, 2017 12:12PM
Posted by: madotter

Ummm...
Date: February 24, 2017 12:13PM
Isaint Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> All these twirly bits and shark fins???? I mean we
> already went through that faze. Thought like you
> said, we were going to see something spectacular
> ... these cars are not that.

I like the twirly bits, for me the 2008 cars were really nice and interesting to look at, when we lost all the winglets and twirly bits they went boring. The shark fins are ruining it for me though, so unnecessary.
Date: February 24, 2017 12:18PM
Date: February 24, 2017 12:27PM
It's a Jekyll and Hyde car for me. I love the mad front, I hate the bland, generic middle.

That's quite possibly the fewest number of sponsors I've seen for an F1 car launch since 1967. Stick some bloody McLaren logos on the side or something. How can you not even advertise your own company?

As for livery - swap the black and white or make it look more like the driver's overalls. I like orange, I was excited by orange, but that's a terrible effort. As mentioned it's a mix of Spyker and Virgin.
Date: February 24, 2017 12:45PM
Like this?

Date: February 24, 2017 01:01PM
They're just clueless when it comes to coming up with new colour schemes, aren't they... they bottled it for 2015 (I liked the opening livery, as it happens) and then went for a here nor there "stealth" effort the following year.... this is just atrocious...

It looks better on the launch photos, it's just a really washed out colour. Hopefully it'll look better on track.
Really disappointed.

"We were responding to fans...." really??
Date: February 24, 2017 01:08PM
Sorry I keep repeating myself but that's a really @#$%& @#$%& livery, next to the Renault too from a distance it's too similar... but nowhere near as nice.

I was expecting something poor, lost faith in McLaren's identity a while ago but that is one of the worst liveries I've seen on any car in a very long time.

Shame!
Date: February 24, 2017 01:47PM
madotter
Like this?

That works about 100% better than the effort they came up with, yes.

Don't get me wrong, I love an orange and black livery (Orange Arrows liveries were awesome) but what they came up with just doesn't work.
Date: February 24, 2017 01:57PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Orange is the new black.... I don't like this livery. Too close from Arrows colours. Back to the past with McLaren's original main colour doesn't fit well with actual cars.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: February 24, 2017 04:54PM
Posted by: Isaint
When I first saw it I thought okay ..... but on reflection, I guess what most of you have been saying is quiet correct. I can see what you mean ......... sigh!!

Not one complete car. Although Merc & Renault not at all bad.:-)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: February 24, 2017 05:31PM
It looked a LOT better in the video. It's almost like the others are a different colour completely.

Date: February 24, 2017 11:14PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Can I just say these cars have mind-boggled me so much and we haven't even tested yet! Every single one of them looks just hellish, like they're going flat out while standing still. Even the Force India, heck, I'll take that car over almost any car from the 2009-2016 period.

I do understand I am a weirdo in F1 tastes. I adore the shark fin (though I'd prefer it not to be square, a la LMP, like the Force India and the McLaren), I love having winglets here and there, I love it when different solutions come from one set of rules. I am so damn hyped up, I admit it ;).

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 25, 2017 01:14AM
Laton
It looked a LOT better in the video. It's almost like the others are a different colour completely.

I've seen a lot of people say the same, but on my PC the car was clearly Orange (once the dodgy flashing lights had stopped). Still, I much prefer the lighting in the studio shots, and I hope it comes alive on the track like the Sauber did, but ultimately it's still a Spyker/Virgin lovechild which needs a rethink ASAP, and I hope McLaren take onboard the pretty much universal (to my eyes) criticism and tweak the livery. It doesn't need much, but at the moment it's not a livery which screams top-tier motorsport team - it's a GP3 livery, to go with the "GP2 engine".
Date: February 25, 2017 05:02AM
Posted by: Frantic
Ferrari: Sometimes less is more: the livery fits the car very well. Getting rid of all the white and extra black parts was a good decision. Of course i´d paint the wings black but that´s too much to ask. The car looks good.

McLaren: It´s obvious they designed that livery with Paint. I can´t find another way to explain that awfulness. As if it isn´t enough having almost no sponsors, they put them in white so they´re illegible. I simply don´t understand. Was that hard to make something like the ´97 pre-season?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 05:03AM by Frantic.
Date: February 25, 2017 09:22AM
Posted by: IWE
<3

Looks like @#$%& from side view tho thx to sharkfin..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy