The Official 2017 Formula One Season *Bahrain Results*

Posted by madotter 
Re: The Official 2017 Formula One Season
Date: November 27, 2016 12:22PM
Posted by: Laton
I agree, he should be made to use it. Like a big #1as the official number and a smaller 44 if he wants
Date: November 27, 2016 04:36PM
Posted by: gav
I'm pretty sure Rosberg will take the #1. He's probably vain enough in that regard (not meant as a criticism) to want it.
Date: November 27, 2016 04:43PM
Posted by: J i m
I think he should use the #1.

He may never get the chance to use it again so may as well enjoy it whilst he can.

Date: November 29, 2016 09:26AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Anyone hear the news? Apparently Mercedes may be considering either suspending or sacking Hamilton after what happened in Abu Dhabi. That's pretty big news IMO. If he gets sacked, then I would assume Mercedes current test driver would step up and take the seat and Hamilton would have to look for another team. Really hope that won't end up happening though.

Date: November 29, 2016 10:38AM
Never going to happen in a million years. He's worth too much to them as a brand.

If he'd ultimately cost Rosberg the championship, despite saying he wouldn't play any of those games beforehand (presumably to the team too, hence him waiting until the pitstops were over), then I could see a warning coming his way, and perhaps a race suspension if he does anything serious next season, but they'll never sack him.

More likely is that one of them will leave at the end of next year, either Hamilton deciding that he does want that Ferrari challenge after all, or getting bored of the sport and moving onto his music career, or Rosberg moving on to another team (McLaren if Alonso leaves and they look semi-decent?). They'll want to shift Ocon (most likely after his move to Force India) and/or Wehrlein into the team eventually, so they're going to have to make some room at some point.
Date: November 29, 2016 03:46PM
Posted by: madotter
Please God don't let that rap-artist-clothes designer-bad boy-good boy-Instagram come to Ferrari...
Date: November 29, 2016 08:57PM
Posted by: J i m
Toto will most likely and privately take Hamilton aside and say something along the lines of 'Now look here you little s**t' but won't actually do anything which affects him racing.

Date: November 30, 2016 10:04AM
Posted by: Morbid
I doubt that Mercedes will sanction Hamilton in any way that will affect his racing. They still want to dominate next year, and gimping Hamilton is gimping themselves. But as far as I recollect, they do have options to impose fines on his paycheck and such.

As to Rosberg using #1, for sure, bring it on. If you got it, flaunt it.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: November 30, 2016 01:22PM
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I doubt that Mercedes will sanction Hamilton in
> any way that will affect his racing. They still
> want to dominate next year, and gimping Hamilton
> is gimping themselves. But as far as I recollect,
> they do have options to impose fines on his
> paycheck and such.
>
> As to Rosberg using #1, for sure, bring it on. If
> you got it, flaunt it.

Yup, I agree. Using the #1 isn't a bad thing or to be seen as anything negative. He won the championship so having a badge of honour is all part of the reward. I'm sure many 'little ballerina' fans will say it's arrogant or whatever and the fact he chose to run his normal number (44) is fine, I don't see anything wrong with either choice to be honest.
Date: November 30, 2016 02:49PM
Something like this maybe?

Date: November 30, 2016 09:06PM
Calendar updated to the confirmed one.
Date: November 30, 2016 09:44PM
Good that the FIA finally understood, that holding a GP during Le Mans is shooting themselves in the foot. Perhaps we will see the Hulk again at Le Mans next year after all.

Date: December 01, 2016 03:02AM
Posted by: Frantic
Is there any news on if those layout changes in monza are going to be made for next year? Or if they will be made at all? (Using part of the old pirelli track + getting rid of first chicane etc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2016 05:06PM by Frantic.
Date: December 01, 2016 11:24PM
Posted by: Laton
Don't know, but we're getting a race at Paul Ricard in 2018 :-)

[www.motorsport.com]
Date: December 01, 2016 11:57PM
Posted by: EC83
I can't see how or why they would sanction Lewis, he is in the top 5% of all drivers ever in terms of sheer raw talent, maybe the top 2%. They would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. Plus, although disobeying the team orders was a bit cheeky, it was racing and it had no detrimental effects at all for the team, which is what really matters!
As said already, he might get a warning of some kind, but that would be it.

Morbid Wrote:
> As to Rosberg using #1, for sure, bring it on. If
> you got it, flaunt it.

Agreed.
Two thumbs up :) Good man!

Date: December 02, 2016 12:19AM
Laton Wrote:
> Don't know, but we're getting a race at Paul
> Ricard in 2018 :-)

Awesome!! :)
There's been something missing from the calendar without France, with it being one of the original F1 countries and all; It's good to visit new places but it's important to keep in touch with the original races too, the roots.
Also, Paul Ricard is such a better circuit than Magny Cours.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2016 12:22AM by EC83.
Date: December 02, 2016 12:32AM
Also, and this is pure speculation, but I've been wondering if the success of Max might lead to a resurrection of the Dutch GP in the near future.
F1 back at Zandvoort would be amazing. I've always loved that circuit(Including the new one) and been very drawn to it.

Date: December 02, 2016 09:57AM
I always hated Zandvoort, but I'm pretty sure that's 100% down to having to lug the tank (AKA the BRM) around there in GPL.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Paul Ricard. Hopefully it's back to it's original best, with a mighty straight followed by a fast sweeper, which will really set the men apart from the boys. We need more fast tracks. If Tilke gets his hands on it you just know it's going to be a hairpin at each end of the straight though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2016 09:57AM by gav.
Date: December 02, 2016 02:23PM
Posted by: Diax F1
So no Nico Rosberg for next season...will have to see what his reasons are for retiring.

Wehrlein for the second seat?

Date: December 02, 2016 02:59PM
Who are Mercedes gonna field now for next season? :-o

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy