The Official 2017 Formula One Season *Bahrain Results*

Posted by madotter 
Re: The Official 2017 Formula One Season
Date: February 21, 2017 07:45PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
That picture hasn't changed my mind! ;)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: February 21, 2017 08:26PM
Posted by: Frantic
That Renault looks agresive, although the nose looks like it´s melting. The colour scheme is really good.

Date: February 21, 2017 10:29PM
Posted by: J i m
I think... even more now than ever.. If you painted all the cars the same colour then you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart unless you were a complete and utter anorak.

Date: February 22, 2017 09:53AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Don't mind it, not quite convinced on the integration between gold and black but like the thinking!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 22, 2017 10:17AM
Posted by: Excalibur
By waiting the official presentation of the Mercedes W08, tomorrow... just a preview:
[www.mercedesamgf1.com]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: February 22, 2017 04:04PM
Posted by: madotter
It's very "meh" imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 04:38PM by madotter.
Date: February 22, 2017 04:32PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
My eyes are bleeding, my f1 fix this year will be playing late nineties GP4. Bleurgh!!!!!!!!

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: February 22, 2017 05:26PM
My quick idea of how it should be...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 07:26PM by madotter.
Date: February 22, 2017 11:19PM
Posted by: gav
The Renault is a thing of absolute beauty. The best looking car for over a decade in my opinion, perhaps even eclipsing the MP4-20.

The Force India is not.

Sauber looks very decent, if a bit busy. It looked far, far better and much classier on the track under natural light though. Sauber: Sauber C36-Ferrari on track. Didn't expect the blue and gold combo to work this well!

Looks like the Mercedes is going to have a slightly new paint job with plenty of green and blue swishes. How to Apply the Finishing Touches to an F1 Car
Date: February 23, 2017 02:21AM
Posted by: Laton
Glad the forums are back guys, was getting worried!!

I hate the shark fins!! Hate!!
Date: February 23, 2017 11:37AM
Posted by: Isaint
I agree so far the Renault is the best car. The Sauber is absolutely aweful just zero imagination ... and the Force india is simply Ghastly. I dont like the shark fins in general to be honest.
Im sorry but for me these 2017 cars are totally un-inspiring.
I find my self being less and less interested in this sport. Thank goodness for the memories of how it once was .... when a racing car was just that.

Guess Ill be digging up the old DVD's and re-runs plus my old racing sims because I honestly dont think I'll be paying this years F1 much attention at all.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2017 12:14PM by Isaint.
Date: February 23, 2017 12:32PM
Merc don't need no stinkin' shark fin.

Guarantee it'll be faster than the rest, too...

Date: February 23, 2017 12:34PM
Why are you all hating on the Force India?? Aside from the bump in the nose and the shark fin, it's quite pretty. I like the Sauber too, looks much better than last year's car. The Renault is lovely, and I like the new Merc because of the lack of shark fin. The only one I've seen so far which I don't like is the Williams.
Date: February 23, 2017 12:57PM
Posted by: Isaint
Laton

I agree Mercedes best so far. Keeping the car clean and avoiding the incongruity of the shark fin. They have manage for the last couple of years to keep their cars much more traditional than the others.
And you are correct as a result they have always looked quicker before even turning a lap simply becuse of the ballance of the design ..... hope for F1 sake it's not the same again this season.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2017 12:58PM by Isaint.
Date: February 23, 2017 01:10PM
Some more:

Shame the livery, all except for some lines down the side, is the same one from 2014...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2017 01:12PM by madotter.
Date: February 23, 2017 01:15PM
Posted by: gav
That Mercedes looks like it's a metre longer than every other car. I know it's not, but it's sooo long. You could have a party on the floor in front of the rear wheels.

And don't get too excited just yet - according to Will Buxton they're going to test a shark fin later.

Laton
Why are you all hating on the Force India?? Aside from the bump in the nose and the shark fin, it's quite pretty. I like the Sauber too, looks much better than last year's car. The Renault is lovely, and I like the new Merc because of the lack of shark fin. The only one I've seen so far which I don't like is the Williams.

If they're coloured the lower part of the nose similar to the nostril one that would have improved that end of the car no end (or painted the pointy bit black).

As for the shark fin, it's the fact that it's a light grey with zero styling. Paint it black, like Sauber, or add some shading or decals or something. Anything but a slab of grey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2017 01:15PM by gav.
Date: February 23, 2017 04:24PM
Reminds me of the really ugly one they had on a Sauber a few years back, can't remember which year but I seem to remember Kobayashi driving (and crashing) it.
Date: February 23, 2017 11:27PM
Posted by: robracer
They changed the regs to make the cars wider but they don't look wider, they actually look longer. They don't look attractive to me, maybe even worse than the last few years, very disappointing considering they were supposed to look more "spectacular": https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/2/wolff--new-mercedes-to-look-spectacular.html

Hopefully the racing will improve but I'm not convinced, much more work needs to be done to make things better. But I suppose by that time I will have stopped caring because Sky Sports will have a monopoly on the TV coverage in the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2017 11:28PM by robracer.
Date: February 24, 2017 10:06AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Ferrari SF70H:

Acces to live presentation and photos: [sf70h.ferrari.com]

Nice car! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 10:13AM by Excalibur.
Date: February 24, 2017 10:07AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Ferrari just launched their 2017 car. Hopefully it'll allow both Vettel and Raikonnen to be championship contenders throughout the year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy