Official United States Grand Prix 2016 Thread ***SPOILERS with new Toro Rosso contracts***

Posted by EC83 
Qualifying is just getting underway now, good to see it on a Saturday this year!

Let's see what happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2016 07:59PM by EC83.
Anyone care to explain that VSC? I'm totally confused as to why it was called so early...

To be fair now that the big crane is in the runoff-area it's understandable why they would do it, but instantly???

Also vote for Marshalls getting some equipment like car jacks. Could've prevented the crane-deployment easily in this occasion and quite a few other situations where the marshalls desperately try and push a car against its transmission.
My main gripe with VSC is leaving the pitlane open - cheap pitstops shouldn't exist when part of the intention is to neutralise the race as opposed to a full SC.

X (@ed24f1)
Perhaps it's time to rename myself as the "ShoeyFan"

X (@ed24f1)
The race was a bit meh. Some of the racing behind was quite good, but largely down to a difference of tyres and strategy.

I watched C4's highlights last night (as I couldn't find a download at that point) and I'm glad I did. Start and first few laps > cut to first pit stops > cut to second pit stops > a bit of action as strategies played out at the end of the race.

It was OK, but dull at the sharp end as normal. I could have quite happily 'watched' the race through text commentary and it would have sufficed.
I would've been happy watching Lindsey Vonn a bit more, shame there was only the one shot of her on lap 32. (Or two, if you also count the formation lap.) The Force is strong in that one.

SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps it's time to rename myself as the
> "ShoeyFan"

Genius. :)

The Shoey is the best thing that's happened to the podium ceremony since I can remember. Refreshingly genuine and fun. Even if the thought of drinking out of one grosses me out a bit... Maybe that's just my OCD though.

As will be obvious from my last couple of posts, IMO this wasn't the most exciting race. Ricciardo's comment towards the end about catching Rosberg(and his engineer's response on the run-down lap) and Kimi's reverse down the pitlane were amusing though.
I remember Gav's comment after Brazil 2012, saying only Kimi could get lost and end up on a different track... This wasn't as good as that, but it still made me smile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2016 12:53AM by EC83.
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Shoey is the best thing that's happened to the
> podium ceremony since I can remember. Refreshingly
> genuine and fun. Even if the thought of drinking
> out of one grosses me out a bit... Maybe that's
> just my OCD though.

Yes I wonder if Ricciardo devised bringing up a can of Red Bull or got told to, either way great marketing stunt.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy