Formula One comes to Lincoln, UK!! (Sort of...)

Posted by madotter 
Formula One comes to Lincoln, UK!! (Sort of...)
Date: August 29, 2016 06:57PM
Posted by: madotter
Rather randomly today I got a call from someone saying "There's a Ferrari F1 in Lincoln" which is where I live - in fact just 1 mile from my house which was handy.

They had opened yet another Shell garage but they also bought a Ferrari from 2011 in 2015 livery along too.

After much arguing with the security, I rushed over when they looked away and put Alice (my almost 3 year old) in the cockpit for some pictures. Luckily when security noticed, they just laughed and were good about it.

A very random but enjoyable bank holiday Monday in Lincoln!

More pictures here

Thanks,
Iain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2016 07:06PM by madotter.
Re: Formula One comes to Lincoln, UK!! (Sort of...)
Date: August 29, 2016 09:12PM
Posted by: kedy89
Awesome :D! Some ~17 years until we see her in F1? ;)

I remember that many, many years back (I'd say around 15) there also was a F1 Ferrari at a Shell station in our small town. I think it was my grandpa who took me there. I'm certain we made pictures back then, but unfortunately I've got no idea where those might be now :/

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Hi Iain,
Lucky Lincoln and lucky you :) Alice looks steady and ready :)
Just wonder when will Ferrari ask you to use some pics as a commercials :)
Thanks,
ap
Date: August 29, 2016 10:34PM
Posted by: gav
Looks great. We had a random Renault appear not so far away in 2007. I couldn't even work out which model it was, it that old, but I half remember thinking it was perhaps the 2001 dog. They had a series of "sims" running in multiplayer too (I think it was F1 Challenge) which my cousin won (I'm more a GPx and GPL man, obviously ;)) and won a mini Heikki Kovalainen helmet, which he quickly sold to some losing idiot for £60. Why this guy thought it would be worth anything I've no idea.

And lovely photos of Alice in the car, looking rather more worried about the security guys than you appeared to be. ;)
Date: August 30, 2016 09:03AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Nice shots. Just missing her pink helmet and Alice is ready to go ;-)

Date: September 01, 2016 02:09PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy