The Official 2016 Belgian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS with waffles and waffling***

Posted by gav 
I don't have specific information on the setup of the Renualts for Spa, but I do know some things. The engine is not really that bad now, and not at all like the '15 spec, so I doubt they would take off downforce to allow for higher top speeds because of the engine. As we can see, the Red Bulls are doing ok with it. The major problems are down to the lack of development for the 16 season, as Lotus didn't have the money, and the rush job of installing a Renault engine and gearbox in a chassis designed for another engine type. Besides balance, center of gravity issues and sub-optimal packaging, the car also suffers from having way too much drag. THAT might tempt them to reduce downforce at a track like Spa. Added to that Palmer had an upgraded front wing that Magnussen did not. So it stands to reason that Magnussen, just to be on equal terms, could have used a higher front wing setting than Palmer, while they both ran the same rear wing setting. If one of the features of the new front wing design is better airflow over the car, then Palmer would have better rear grip with the same setting on the same rear wing spec. So even though the engine is not the real problem of the Renault, it is actually possible that you guys are on the right track.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
thanks @Morbid. Playing GP4 makes us smarter

hehe :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy