Verstappen replaces Kvyat at Red Bull

Posted by madotter 
Verstappen replaces Kvyat at Red Bull
Date: May 05, 2016 03:19PM
Posted by: madotter
:O

Max Verstappen will replace Daniil Kvyat from the Spanish Grand Prix, Red Bull has confirmed.

The move will see Kvyat return to Toro Rosso in place of the 18-year-old in a bid to "regain his form and show his potential." Kvyat had been blamed for Red Bull's "day of disaster" in Sochi after colliding with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel twice in the opening three corners at his home grand prix, an incident which also damaged teammate Daniel Ricciardo's car and left the team without any points.

The incident occurred with Red Bull's motorsport advisor Helmut Marko watching on and led to talks between team and driver this week. On Thursday morning the team confirmed Kvyat had been relegated to the team he drove for in 2014.

Team boss Christian Horner said: "Max has proven to be an outstanding young talent. His performance at Toro Rosso has been impressive so far and we are pleased to give him the opportunity to drive for Red Bull Racing.

See full story here
Re: Verstappen replaces Kvyat at Red Bull
Date: May 05, 2016 07:08PM
Posted by: Laton
Very harsh, I feel for Daniil. The pressure was there from the start and given that Hemlut Knobface Marko said at the start of the year "perform or you're out" ... it always seemed a thinly veiled threat to Daniil.

I honestly don't think the second contact was his fault. Max was always going to end up at Red Bull but I rather think it was too soon to drop Kvyat and the podium he got in the previous race showcased his talent nicely.

A hilarious outcome would be if he outqualifies both Bulls in Spain, although I suspect Marko will make sure that doesn't happen.

Max is a great talent, but this is harsh.
Re: Verstappen replaces Kvyat at Red Bull
Date: May 25, 2016 08:27PM
Posted by: Monza972
But something even funkier happened!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy