Lewis Hamilton says he has no answers...

Posted by madotter 
Lewis Hamilton says he has no answers...
Date: March 17, 2016 11:37AM
Posted by: madotter
Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton refused to answer questions over his controversial bike selfie in New Zealand when he appeared at an FIA press conference at Albert Park on Thursday. A British journalist asked Hamilton: “After riding a bike and filming as you were going along do you feel whether you have any responsibility to set an example to others not to do that, or not?”

“I don’t have much of an answer for you, unfortunately,” a stone-faced Hamilton replied. His inquisitor persisted: “You have always said that you were an example to young dudes. I just wondered if in light of that you should show an example.” But Hamilton merely shrugged and said, “Again I don’t have much of an answer for you.”

Full story here

He really is such a... Nevermind :)

Great to see he's still being a top notch role model. The law is the law Lewis!! Well, seeing as they didn't charge you as they had "LACK OF EVIDENCE" which is fair enough, there's nothing less reliable than a ******* video...
Re: Lewis Hamilton says he has no answers...
Date: March 17, 2016 01:39PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
He certainly is a piece of work but I've come to realise it's not a bad thing having someone a bit different and trying to build his image outside F1 rather than the rest of the largely vanilla drivers.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 18, 2016 09:56PM
Posted by: J i m
I've always thought him to be a bit of a twonk to be honest and well before his F1 days too, right from his karting days actually.

For the most part, as long as he's not hurting anyone or breaking laws then I'm uninterested as it's his life and non of my business.

Yet his hollier than thou 'rise above it' persona is certainly a bit hypocritical when he does stupid crap like that.

Date: March 18, 2016 11:21PM
Posted by: gav
His "holier than thou" persona went out of the window at Melbourne in 2009.

I can't claim to remember that I saw him before GP2, but it was readily apparent (and I stated it here, against the grain as I remember) in 2007 that the Alonso-Dennis tussle had more to it than met the eye and at the same time that Hamilton was being protected (quite brilliantly) by the McLaren PR department. That continued through 2008 to a degree, but it had to be scrapped after that Melbourne cheating affair.

He's an awesome driver and I really enjoy watching him (to a lesser extent now as I think he's lost some of the rawness he had, which doesn't reflect well on Rosberg), but he's increasingly becoming an arse off-track. He seems to have completely forgotten his roots and I fear he's starting to lose sight of what made him one of the most gifted drivers for decades, perhaps even of all time. No matter how good Mercedes are for the next few years, he's never going to fulfil the potential we thought he had in 2007 - he was destined to dominate for the foreseeable future but he couldn't really see off Massa(!) or Button, and that will always drag him down for me. Yes he's dominating Rosberg, but as good a driver as Rosberg is, he's never a champion in a million years.
Date: March 20, 2016 11:02PM
Posted by: Laton
Just because something is illegal doesn't make it morally wrong.

It's illegal because a bunch of unrelated people in suits say it is illegal, and that applies to all minor laws designed as umbrella-restrictions to protect the majority. And it's something society hasn't quite got right yet.

I haven't seen the video or the selfie or whatever, just sayin'.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy