The Official 2016 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Haryanto's in at Manor; that's all the seats filled!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
What's really annoying me this year is the stupidity of the media, particularly with all of them announcing the Renault as "launched" when everyone with half a brain knows it isn't.
rio number 88
Laton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's really annoying me this year is the
> stupidity of the media, particularly with all of
> them announcing the Renault as "launched" when
> everyone with half a brain knows it isn't.

To be fair... Even the ceo seemed to be under the impression it was the 2016 car.

But yeah, to us part brained seasoned observers it was pretty obvious it was last year's car tarted up.

J i m
But yeah, to us part brained seasoned observers it was pretty obvious it was last year's car tarted up.

With the skeleton crew work experience kids Lotus would have had designing the 2016 car do you really think this years will look any different anyway?
If I'd known that was the case, gav, I'd have sent in a CV a long time ago ;)

HarryHamm Wrote:
> rio number 88

You have the eloquence of a poet, my friend.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
New Williams:

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Yeah. New...
"New"..."Different"...except the back end.

EDIT: It's different. Just compare this one to the FW37:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2016 11:59AM by fandericciardo3.
Looks very similar but all I'm really seeing is the livery at this point.

It's difficult to get two comparative shots of this year's car and last because of the angles we have to work with.

Instead, here's my cat. Named after a high-achieving and cutting-edge Anglo-American F1 team of the 70's. I went for an all-black livery to hide the cunning contours and not give away the hidden f-duct which runs lengthways throughout the chassis.

Laton Wrote:
> Looks very similar but all I'm really seeing is
> the livery at this point.
>
> It's difficult to get two comparative shots of
> this year's car and last because of the angles we
> have to work with.
>
> Instead, here's my cat. Named after a
> high-achieving and cutting-edge Anglo-American F1
> team of the 70's. I went for an all-black livery
> to hide the cunning contours and not give away the
> hidden f-duct which runs lengthways throughout the
> chassis.
>
> [s23.postimg.org]

Post of the year, especially about hiding contours and hidden f-ducts. Awesome mate :)
Print screens from the launch... The new Ferrari SF16-H!

Love it :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2016 02:23PM by madotter.
I love the subtle use of the Textreme, adds more texture than simply painting the black parts.

A very pretty car.

I actually think that's a bit of a mess, they should get rid of the white trim at the bottom of the chassis, and that god-awful Ferrari logo on the engine cover.

Other than that I quite like it.
I think I like it and I think it'll work better on the track too.

I just wish they'd go back to the black wings they had in the 80s and 90s.
I really liked the early 1994 season Ferrari with the low nose. Not many people put this up there as their favourite Ferrari cars because from '94 to '96 they essentially looked like crimson Thunderbird 2's, but I thought they were lovely.

The 1994 412 had a higher nose from launch, did it not? That's the 1995 412 T2.

[www.youtube.com]
1995 was definitely the last year Ferrari looked the part, and then things got progressively more fugly from 1996 onwards.

gav Wrote:
> The 1994 412 had a higher nose from launch, did it
> not? That's the 1995 412 T2.
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Yeah you're right. What confused me was that the 1996 car had two variants, it launched with a low nose but then they changed it to a raised cone mid-early season. THAT was the car I thought resembled Thunderbird 2. But it's also kinda nice.

Shame it broke down 90% of the time.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2016 09:38PM by Laton.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy