2015 Hungarian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS with #ForeverJules***

Posted by EC83 
marcl
Merc starts have not been great since Spain and that when they bought the new clutch in. No point them looking at it now as its all changing for the next race.

I don't think the start procedure itself is changing for the race, only that the team can't coach them regarding bite points and so on? In theory the starts will be nearly identical, only less [f1 word alert] optimised [/f1 word alert].

Now the dust has settled and everyone's had a chance to sleep on it, I can say I was relieved and surprised with the BBC's coverage regarding Jules Bianchi. My fears of the media talking to all and sundry getting any little snippet were unfounded. If anything it was understated. They had a couple of short features before qualifying, but other than mentions here and there they let the drivers and teams say what needed to be said best, both before and after the race.

I was a little surprised and a touch disappointed that there wasn't another short feature on Sunday, but I guess most of what needed to be said was said on Saturday.

The attitude from the drivers and management and them asking Jules's family to join them said as much as needed saying. The silence was deafening. The (I think) "French"-style rendition of the national anthem fitted so perfectly and for me only heightened emotions.
Not sure what is changing then, Wolf said they spent too much time practising the starts for Spa rather than working on the ones they currently have.

Someone on another forum seems to think it was the aborted start that caused Merc the problems this time as at the restart not everything was fully charged, ive not read that anywhere else though on anything official. I find it hard to believe they would not be fully charged for the 2nd start.
motorsport.com
From now on, the clutch bite point may not be changed from the time the car leaves the garage for the first time after the pit lane is open ahead of the race, until after the start lockout period that commences following the beginning of the grand prix.

In addition to this, the FIA wants to limit the ability of the teams to help drivers find the right bite point for the clutch.

From Spa, bite point finder activation by the driver has to be inhibited by disabling any driver button or switch associated with that function.

The FIA adds that the “bite point update from the bite point finder should be disabled by setting BBitePointFinderUsed to zero.”

It's basically the driver coaching aspect. They'll lose the ability to find the bite point automatically, but the starts themselves ought to be largely the same.
I do not think it will shake it up as much as people think tbh, they will just talk about it out the car in practise sessions.

If anything I could mean what happened in the last two races does not happen again as Ferrari and Williams will not get perfect starts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2015 02:55PM by marcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy