2015 Formula One Grand Prix du Canada - *SPOILERS with a french-canadian accent*

Posted by Briere 
Hamilton off track, into the wall and then on pole yay !

Oh and, look who's at 0:30 and 0:53 ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 12:58AM by Briere.
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Math :-)

Quite a nice race I thought, ok not the usual wall to wall mayhem we've come to expect at Montreal but having a race without a safety car allowed it to play out naturally for a change.

Mercedes were obviously peerless with or with out the brake, tyre, fuel management issues and I got the same feeling as at Melbourne, it looked closer than it was, Hamilton had Rosberg at a very comfortable arms length all afternoon.

Bit of a damp result for Ferrari. On paper they should have been comfortably 3rd and 4th. But a combination of technical glitches and incidents sandwiched them between the Williams. I don't think they can be too pleased with that result because on Friday they looked like they'd be a cause for Merc to keep the odd glance over their shoulder.

Actually... I think Ferrari are currently wasting that car a little bit. In 3 of the last 4 races they've exposed a very slight chink which has then been fully exploited by Bottas.

Bottas was simply marvellous. A small portion of luck enabled him to leap frog a faster car (despite his pit stop being twice as long as it should have been) and you then just knew he'd be hanging on to that podium for dear life. That second stint was just extraordinary, Kimi at the very least ought to have been in DRS zone for the last ten laps but he didn't even get close.

A decent run by Massa, he doesn't often make the best of a lowly starting position, so in the circumstances 6th is a good result for him today. Initially he was making a meal out of passing Ericsson, but when the move came it was a decent one, and then he properly got on with things.

Wow, Maldonaldo finished and in the points.. And I didn't spot a single incident from him today. Grosjean had a slight relapse into captain lack of spatial awareness mode though, and I think Stevens made a valid point. There was no need to be so greedy of the racing line in the braking zone there.

Good jobs by Kyvat and Sainz, shocker for Ricciardo.

McLaren, oh dear... Oh deary deary me.

Briere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hamilton off track, into the wall and then on pole
> yay !
>
> Oh and, look who's at 0:30 and 0:53 ;)
>

Nice to put a face and voice to a name Math! :-)
J i m
Grosjean had a slight relapse into captain lack of spatial awareness mode though, and I think Stevens made a valid point. There was no need to be so greedy of the racing line in the braking zone there.

That's something I spotted across the F1 and the BTCC yesterday. There were a few instances of it in the race where the car being overtaken did completely yield, but there's no requirement for them to do so and if you don't know where a car is, leave a bit more than a car's width. It was very similar to Hamilton closing the door on Kobayashi at Spa.

I thought the Hulkenberg/Vettel incident was interesting. Hulkenberg spun due to avoiding Vettel, as Vettel crashed over the kerbs (off track). I guess the "no further action" was correct as the reason for penalties is usually "avoidable collision", so I guess it would be harsh to penalise either for, well, avoiding a collision. Good to see a driver attempting an overtake around the outside (and what a corner to try it!), so fair play to both for somehow not connecting. I thought Charlie was probably cringing when Hulkenberg drove the wrong way up the track, but he didn't really have much choice - he could have waited until the team gave him the green light, as he and Massa nearly had an almighty head-on crash - but in the same situation I think I'd probably just want to get the hell out of there myself too.
I'm glad Grosjean accepted the responsibility for it though and apologised for it. I guess he felt he probably had to, given his recent comments regarding Verstappen which were reasonable and fair.

That's one of the things I like about Grosjean, he's mature enough to admit fault for things and then he learns from it. He's come a long way from his 'first lap nutcase' days.

Vettel's move on Hulkenberg was risky but it was good driving by both to avoid contact. I agree that any penalty there would have daft, and it was no worse than Massa v Ericsson at turns 2 & 3 which was epic, and so narrowly avoided interlocking wheels.

Good racing by mature drivers all round really... If it was IRL it would resulted in about 20 consecutive full course cautions :P

Have Indycar/CART/IRL ever had a full course debris caution because of groundhogs? ;)
It wouldn't surprise me... I think Cart did a couple of races at Montreal after all.

Always amazes me how many full course cautions are followed by several more because someone either collides or crashes on the restarts.

J i m Wrote:
> Always amazes me how many full course cautions are
> followed by several more because someone either
> collides or crashes on the restarts.

Just another reason why the quicker motorsport fully embraces concepts like VSC and Code 60 the better.

X (@ed24f1)
Love Indycar but the overkill of Full Course Yellows puts me right off it. Races then get decided on pure luck, some douche who'se trundled around at the back all race then ends up winning
Sounds like Button at Canada 2011 ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Briere écrivait:
> Oh and, look who's at 0:30 and 0:53 ;)

Nice to meet you Matthieu :)

SchueyFan Wrote:
> Sounds like Button at Canada 2011 ;)

Button went to back of the field multiple times due to incidents, collisions, punctures and penalties. There was a large slick of luck that overall circumstances and conditions fell to his favour... however to win from the back by being significantly faster than anyone else and overtaking them on the track in as few laps as he left to do it, was still a truly epic drive.

Of course, I was being a bit facetious. Still some people don't really take into account the luck that he had when they reminisce over his drive.

X (@ed24f1)
Thought it was quite an interesting race. Seems some are well and truly on the negative bandwagon and are exaggerating any minor issues at the moment.

Good for the championship that Nico has suddenly picked up his pace, certainly seems to be gaining a lot more confidence - and winning a race not from pole is something that he hasn't been able to do regularly (well apart from anomalies like Monaco haha)

Embarrassing error from Kimi, very lucky no-one got hurt... That cut to his onboard with Alonso on top was one of the most dramatic screen cuts I can remember.

X (@ed24f1)
Unless today's race was held at Montreal... I think you posted in the wrong thread ;-) Perhaps you've been infected by some McLaren Honda gremlins? ;)

Haha oops yes those gremlins are clearly spreading! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy