Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2014 ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Carlitox 
Re: Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2014 ***SPOILERS***
Date: May 24, 2014 05:04PM
Posted by: gav
Diax F1
Thought that was Hungary when Alonso stopped in the pitbox so Hamilton couldn't do another lap - which eventually led to the whole Spygate malarkey back in 07.

It started a long time before Hungary. It was around Hungary that Alonso was reportedly going to go to the FIA with evidence to support Spygate, but the relationship had long before broken down - he felt he was cornered into bribing his own team because he was getting no support from them.
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Thought that was Hungary when Alonso stopped in
> the pitbox so Hamilton couldn't do another lap -
> which eventually led to the whole Spygate malarkey
> back in 07.
>
>
> It started a long time before Hungary. It was
> around Hungary that Alonso was reportedly going to
> go to the FIA with evidence to support Spygate,
> but the relationship had long before broken down -
> he felt he was cornered into bribing his own team
> because he was getting no support from them.

Fair enough, I'd have to go do a little more research on that. The Hungary incident which led to Spygate was the most memorable situation in 2007, for all the wrong reasons.

mitadumapaga Wrote:
> @ Diax,
>
> no doubt you are a hamiltonfan. only a fanboy
> would point the finger at nico and defend lewis'
> actions.
>
> what he could should would have thought does not
> matter. his behavior is annoying

Pre-emptively slamming any argument as 'fanboyism'? So no matter what could be shown through reason, fact and telemetry data it is fanboyism to defend Lewis... You need an IQ check man. Rarely have I seen a better case of pot kettle black, and it is amazing you didn't see if before you clicked "post message".

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2014 05:12PM by Morbid.
..says the most disliked man on the discussion forum
btw you are so dislike here that you must either be a turkish or even worse... not be a turkish but be so morally and mentally screwed as to act as one
and btw#2

take your time to write a "hateful" response, which no one will bother to read or remember
Charming, when challenged goes straight to kicking at the man instead of the ball... and racist to boot. That is an amirable collection of character traits. And btw, whether or not I am liked or disliked, it has no bearing whatsoever on what I write is true or false.

Even more ironically, by your own standard, that is judging truth value based on character assessment, what you say must be false. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2014 05:26PM by Morbid.
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> btw you are so dislike here that you must either
> be a turkish or even worse... not be a turkish but
> be so morally and mentally screwed as to act as
> one

Yeah, pretty sure Nico didn't do it on purpose. He braked too late and locked up, tried to remedy that with the steering wheel before pulling into the escape road. It's just an unfortunate coincidence that it screwed Hamilton's lap up.

If it had been like, Kvyat or Perez or someone, nobody would have batted an eyelid.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> If it had been like, Kvyat or Perez or someone,
> nobody would have batted an eyelid.

*cough* Nelson Piquet, Jr. *cough*

Morbid Wrote:
> Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If it had been like, Kvyat or Perez or someone,
> > nobody would have batted an eyelid.
>
> *cough* Nelson Piquet, Jr. *cough*

Nobody DID until he blew the whistle...if he'd kept quiet I doubt people would know about it to this day.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
True, that no one would know if he had kept quite, but the fact is that many eyelids were batted once people knew. The reason no one suspected him was that they could not see the advantage it would bring to him, and then the connection was not made, on who actually DID profit from it.... namely that not doing it would see him lose his race seat. Similarly, if Rosberg had payed Kvyat or Perez to ditch the car in qually to secure a pole, nobody would suspect it, but that does not mean they wouldn't bat eyelids if they knew... so bringing the point home, Rosberg is automatically suspected because the advantage gained is so strickingly obvious. Schumacher's precedent has secured that connection will be made, and Rosberg did himself no favours in that regard by subsequently reversing onto the track, when he just as well could have parked it. Intentionally or not, effectively he ensured that the yellow flags would continue onto the end instead of clearing, and probably even would become double yellow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2014 06:07PM by Morbid.
No further action against Rosberg. Let the fun begin tomorrow ;)

Good, I think that's the right decision.

mitadumapaga Wrote:
> i see.
>
> well, his actions were understandable, but
> unjustified. what dissapoints me though is that
> rosberg blew it all again at the point when it
> most mattered. he wazs just lucky that:
>
> 1. yellows flags got out
>
> 2. hamilton was behind him

Rosberg may have been 'lucky', but this does show the difference between the two drivers very well. Nico has been performed for most of the last few races, but has kept his head down and accepted defeat gracefully. Lewis, on the other hand, has clearly had a royal tantrum over this, and was even giving the team a telling-off in Spain, when he was in the lead. One of these drivers seems to handle mental pressure much better than the other.

mitadumapaga Wrote:
> btw you are so dislike here that you must either
> be a turkish or even worse... not be a turkish but
> be so morally and mentally screwed as to act as
> one

A GPG-style argument is one thing. This is quite another. You might want to engage your brain before posting such blatant xenophobia. If I moderated here, you'd be taking a week off for this.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and a right to freedom of speech, it's called a democracy. However, given that I'm the benevolent dictator of said democracy, I draw the line at racial slurs, even more so when directed at learned long-time members of this community.

It is better to remain a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :-) Carry on gentlemen.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Well so much for the chaps' friendship.

I truly honestly don't believe Nico would resort to such actions to ensure pole. Plus, as it has been said before, he took the escape road. There are only three corners with escape roads in Monaco: Sainte Devote, Mirabeau and Nouvelle Chicane. Then why choose one of them if you want to stop the session?

On the other hand, why reverse into the track? He was done, he had a good time but Lewis was on his last lap and the only thing he could do was pray. And even if he got 2nd, we've seen amazing overtakes here, many people have shown us that it is possible to win from other place than pole.

All too strange. Though judging by Hamilton's face, he's sure of what happened. hot

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Autosport
Lewis Hamilton says he will resolve tension with Mercedes Formula 1 team-mate Nico Rosberg in the same way that Ayrton Senna dealt with Alain Prost.

Hamilton refused to answer directly when asked if he felt Rosberg had deliberately gone off to prompt a yellow flag when they were fighting for Monaco Grand Prix pole position - a result that Rosberg secured following his Mirabeau incident.

But in an interview with BBC Radio 5 Live, Hamilton did admit: "I should have known that was going to happen" and replied "potentially" when asked if Rosberg had tried to spoil his pole shot.

Subsequently asked if he needed to sort out the issue with Rosberg, Hamilton compared their situation to Senna and Prost's explosive rivalry when McLaren team-mates.

"I don't know if Senna and Prost talked about it but I quite liked the way Senna dealt with that so I'll take a page out of his book," Hamilton replied.

NEWS UPDATE: Stewards rule Rosberg did nothing wrong

Senna and Prost's relationship deteriorated after a dispute over a pre-race agreement at the 1989 San Marino Grand Prix.

The dispute rapidly escalated, with the pair colliding at Suzuka in both 1989 and 1990 when disputing world championships.

Prost had left for Ferrari by the time of the second clash, which Senna subsequently admitted had been deliberate.

Asked if felt Rosberg should apologise for the Monaco incident, Hamilton added: "Why does he have to apologise? He's on pole position."

Well, if Hamilton did say any of that, then he's indeed being a bit of a prat (if he didn't then a journalist is being a prat).

But what exactly does he intend on doing? Regrenading on pre race agreements? Trying to get grid slots changed? Using Rosberg as his brake at turn 1 at Suzuka?

I mean, as much as we all revere him, Senna wasn't exactly a role model to follow in intra-team feud behaviour.

I would also like to come out and say that I'm on the side of the fence who like Morbid, I may not always agree with him but he more than any one uses intelligence and logic in his posts.

Jim, that's what Lewis genuinely told BBC Radio 5 Live.

I picked up on these very same quotes myself in my analysis of qualifying and it does beg the question, does Lewis feel scorned enough to try a Senna style move on Rosberg at some stage this season, or is he simply uttering fan wanky rhetoric?

Seriously, completely unbiased in this situation, but I hope Nico gives Lewis a pasting in Sunday, if just to prove he vile fanboys on Twittwr wrong.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> I picked up on these very same quotes myself in my
> analysis of qualifying and it does beg the
> question, does Lewis feel scorned enough to try a
> Senna style move on Rosberg at some stage this
> season, or is he simply uttering fan wanky
> rhetoric?

If he does it could get him disqualified from the whole season, and good riddance it would be too in that case.

I'm amazed at the scale of the hissy fit he's had. Makes you wonder if he'll ever grow up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2014 05:47AM by EC83.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy