Haas

Posted by xSilvermanx 
Haas
Date: April 15, 2014 07:37PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
So Haas Racing LLC is confirmed for 2015, a North-American team will be in Formula 1 one. As no one commented on this yet, new topic: What do you think?
Sadly Haas isn't sure whether his team will make 2015 or back off until 2016. I'm really looking forward to see something American in F1, atleast this is what I hope we get with Haas. On technical experience I think that they can pull off something.

In other news Haas Racing Development is in short HRD. Hopefully they won't change that D to T performance-wise ;)
Re: Haas
Date: April 15, 2014 08:30PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
The team looks like it's got a lot of potential. Sure, they don't have masses of time to get something together for 2015 if they wish to enter then, but with Dallara onside the team should at least have a decent car ready for them.

Gene Haas knows what he's doing; he's got experience of running a) a racing team and b) a multi-million dollar business. He's got the Windshear tunnel in North Carolina (which does need to be FIA approved, but that's just a small bit of red tape) and plenty of infrastructure in the US too. Another bonus is that Günther Steiner will be the team principal, and he's got a good amount of F1 experience too having worked at Jaguar and Red Bull. Plus, the team has plenty of money.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the view that to be a success, you need to be wholly based in Europe. Sure, with the logistics of operating an F1 team, it helps, but Haas will probably have a "home-away-from-home" just for the European rounds anyway.

Good luck to them. I hope they're successful.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: April 15, 2014 08:31PM
Posted by: thestig88
I don't think it'll happen TBH, definetely not for 2015 anyway, its what screwed Lola back in 1997 when they were set for a 98 debut but Mastercard wanted them to debut 97, giving them just months from their late 96 creation to be ready
Date: April 15, 2014 08:40PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
We'll find out in a week or so whether the team will enter in 2015, or 2016. Regardlesss, I'm inclined to follow a similar line of thinking as Jake.

The team is unlikely to follow the shambolic route that USGP did, for the reasons listed above, Haas is no fool.

Sure, he might be a bit quirky, and not entirely adhere to the Eurocentric view the majority of us have of F1, but I think it'll work out.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 15, 2014 08:54PM
Posted by: gav
Incident 2k9
He's got the Windshear tunnel in North Carolina (which does need to be FIA approved, but that's just a small bit of red tape)

I'm sure I read that some current teams already use the windtunnel, but I struggle to see why. It's in America. No current F1 team is American. Surely teams use their own windtunnels, or hire others (such as Toyota's, as Ferrari have)?
Date: April 15, 2014 10:36PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
That doesn't sound right.

From what I know from some of the lads at NBC they are looking to use a Dallara chassis, and set up a small base in Europe for the race team to operate from. The team's headquarters and such will be in the US though.

The entry certainly has promise, more so than USGP, Campos, AirAsia and Manor had back in 09 anyway.

I'm curious to see who they tap up for a power unit. With McLaren's Merc deal expiring at the end of the season it leaves one spot with what is unquestionably the best power unit free.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 15, 2014 10:50PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > He's got the Windshear tunnel in North Carolina
> (which does need to be FIA approved, but that's
> just a small bit of red tape)
>
>
> I'm sure I read that some current teams already
> use the windtunnel, but I struggle to see why.
> It's in America. No current F1 team is American.
> Surely teams use their own windtunnels, or hire
> others (such as Toyota's, as Ferrari have)?

Currently, Windshear is a 100% scale tunnel. If Haas wish to use it for F1, they need to drop it to 60% and get it rubber-stamped by the FIA.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: April 16, 2014 10:06AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Interesting ro note that Cosworth have continued to develop their 2014-spec engine - with the American (i.e. Ford) connection, they could be an option for Haas ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: April 16, 2014 12:44PM
Posted by: marcl
Lets hope if they use Dallara its better than the car produced for Campos/HRT or whatever they want to be called.
Date: April 16, 2014 01:39PM
Posted by: gav
Hopefully Dallara will be producing only the chassis itself, and everything else is sourced from others before Haas bring it in house. The chassis itself isn't doesn't make much of a difference performance wise all the chassis really has to do is be strong. The shape has changed only very slightly in the last decade. Force India, until recently, were rumoured to still be using the Jordan chassis.
Date: April 16, 2014 07:13PM
Posted by: J i m
Dallara is still a quality racing car constructor. I think they build the Audi Le Mans cars and we all know how successful those tend to be.

Dallara get a hard time for their F1 cars... but it's not like they've ever had the backing of funding to develop a car that can compete competitively in F1. And their involvement with the whole Campos/HRT thing was very brief. Basically long enough to design and build the basic car and then no further development because the arrangement ended. That's as much down to the race team as it is to Dallara.

I'm sure Dallara would be able to develop an F1 car to at least mid grid standard.. if a team with half decent backing went to them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy