rush 2013

Posted by mitadumapaga 
rush 2013
Date: April 14, 2014 12:52AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
here is what a guy posted under a clip of the movie:

How sweet would it be to start the sequel to this movie like this:

The track is Monaco, the year is 1984. Absolutely pouring rain. Lauda is stepping on the gas pedals and chasing the small French phenom Prost. In his mind be replays his past races, his crash, and his race with Hunt in the shadow of mount Fuji. It was raining hard that day too. On that day Hunt won the championship. from him Lauda recalls his wife's face. He sees her relieved smile as they rode off in the chopper. He knows this time, he will NOT back out. He knows this, and he knows his old rival is watching him in the broadcast booth. He breathes a long breath as he hits a turn, barely missing the steel rails. He clinches the wheel.

The rain falls harder. Lauda no longer sees anything in front of him. It is as if he is driving amidst a fog. Suddenly he hears a faint noise in his rear. He turns to look, just in time to glimpse two blurred images pass his car One was the word "Toleman". The other, he could not be sure...But it looked like a yellow helmet.

Camera shifts to the cockpit of the Toleman car. It focuses on the gloves of the driver, as he moves the stick up a gear, then another, then another. We see the steering wheel dance, as if controlled by God. "Lost and Won" starts playing, and we see the car move, turn after turn, literally hugging the rails. Suddenly, the camera shifts to the driver's feet. It floors the gas pedal. Sparks fly from the car. Then darkness.

RUSH 2

what's your view on that? I know it is not a screen writing forum, but i found it interesting if people will like this storyline.
Re: rush 2013
Date: April 14, 2014 01:21AM
Posted by: Morbid
I think this is better suited to the OT forum.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: rush 2013
Date: April 27, 2014 02:04PM
Posted by: J i m
That's very elegant, but my main question would be "Why?".

I mean, Rush as I understand it is a film about the rivalry between Niki Lauda and James Hunt. But what material really is there for a sequel to concentrate around Lauda v Senna? Their careers overlapped for what, two seasons? So really for a Rush sequel to work.. it should focus on Prost v Senna. In which case, there's limited scope to open with Lauda's flashbacks and then link it to a rivalry with Senna.

I'd see Rush 2 as the story of Prost v Senna, if Lauda was to be in it at all, it would be as a supporting character to Prost, as Regazzoni was to Lauda in the original, If Hunt were to be in it at all.. he'd take on the Simon Taylor role, i.e broadcaster.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy