Visit to the museum at Donington Park - COCKPITS!

Posted by Elio2013 
Visit to the museum at Donington Park - COCKPITS!
Date: February 06, 2014 12:56AM
Posted by: Elio2013
Hi everyone.

I had a great time at the Grand Prix Collection on Monday. There were few staff around so I tippey-toed over the ropes to get close-up pics of the cockpits. I don't know about you, but I find it hard to get steering wheel photos online that have been taken a the correct angle. I held my Nikon camera in the position of the drivers head and fired away. I have uploaded 79 pictures to Photobucket and would like to share them with you. Cars from 1952 to 2010. Lots of Mclarens and Williams cars, but also Ferrari, Alfa Romeos, Tyrrells and many many more!

I'll put some direct on the site here and then a link to Photobucket, if I can work that out.

Following 2 preview pics of the museum itself ...

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you use any for Mods, it would make my day! I am going to use some for GP3. I wish I could master the process of making masks in Paint Shop pro 8 ... might try again.

I will load cockpit and the car in pairs so you know what is what. I will use the year the car was used rather than the name, eg 'Williams 1985' rather than 'Williams FW10'. But I realise some models were used over more than one year!

Hope you like the photos.

Elio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2014 01:04AM by Elio2013.
Re: Visit to the museum at Donington Park - COCKPITS!
Date: February 06, 2014 01:02AM
So here we go ... first of about 35 sets. Perhaps I won't name them but make it a quiz ... who know's the most about F1 history!

Plus cockpit ...

Driven by Patrese and Mass ... guesses?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2014 01:11AM by Elio2013.
Date: February 06, 2014 01:14AM
Car 2:

Date: February 06, 2014 01:21AM
Something a bit more recent ...

Car 3

Car 4, last one for tonight ... but lots to come.

Date: February 06, 2014 10:13AM
Hope this link to Photobucket works!

[s35.photobucket.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 12:30AM by Elio2013.
Date: February 06, 2014 05:01PM
Posted by: Toki
Doesn' work :(

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Date: February 06, 2014 08:15PM
Posted by: gav
Link works, but you need to put it into a proper URL tag or just leave it by itself. The pictures above have stopped working though. ;)

[s35.photobucket.com]

I'm never much good with car names (beyond the obvious). I think that's the first Stewart, the 1997 one. The only other I remember from seeing them this morning was the Arrows, but I'm utterly hopeless with the mid-late 70s and very early 80s, so I never had any hope with that one. Circa 1980 itself?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy